Hammers on Loan 2016/17

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Hammers on Loan 2016/17

Postby Chelmo Hammer on Thu May 04, 2017 10:04 pm

Cullen was excellent tonight. I watched him against Millwall at the same stage last year and based on tonights performance he has come on leaps and bounds. Very, very promising player we have here.
Chelmo Hammer

Postby libero on Thu May 04, 2017 10:24 pm

LeonRivers wrote:
He's contracted to Oxford until the end of the season (late May/early June) so wouldn't be eligible to play. As you've said though, he is injured anyway.

Cheers - pity that because he might have been useful
libero

Postby LeonRivers on Thu May 04, 2017 10:44 pm

Playoffs:

Josh Cullen

Josh was named Man of the Match as Bradford won 1-0 at home to Fleetwood in the playoff first leg.

LIVE TWEETS:

20: Great play from Josh Cullen puts Fleetwood under before picking out Billy Clarke who saw a cross-shot go just over.
31: Josh Cullen did well to pick out Marshall and his cross was headed over the bar by James Meredith.
50: Presented with a free kick; Clarke and McMahon run over the ball before Josh Cullen sees a 25-yarder tipped over!
64: McMahon recieves a return pass from Josh Cullen before seeing a goalbound left-footed shot blocked. Unlucky!

Next match: Sun 7th May vs Fleetwood (a) League 1Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg

OP UPDATED
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Thu May 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Singled out by manager Stuart McCall: 'Josh (Cullen) had a very good display tonight. I thought he was terrific.'
LeonRivers

Postby aitchayell on Fri May 05, 2017 8:49 am

He had a great game-good vision, good ball carrying, quick feet, precise passing and very vocal. He should be fast tracked into the first team squad. Watch out Mark Noble!
aitchayell

Postby sanchoz on Fri May 05, 2017 9:31 am

City continued to dictate the play without finding that one clear opportunity. Josh Cullen was seeing plenty of the ball and he found Mark Marshall for a deep cross that was headed over by James Meredith making a foray into the box.

The Bantams had the strange sensation of attacking an empty Bradford End after the break.

But they were quickly into their stride. Marshall drove wide and Cullen threatened to end a nine-month wait for a second goal with a curling free-kick that Cairns tipped wide.

Tony McMahon’s set-piece delivery had been good and when he tried to get in on the shooting act after swapping passes with Cullen, it needed a big block from Ashley Eastham to deny his goal-bound attempt.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/s ... _his_head/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit - Pictures too large but a good one of Cullen on the ball and then taking a free kick

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/s ... /#gallery0
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby peter49uk on Sun May 07, 2017 8:30 pm

A WHU player at Wembley well done young Josh Cullen :crest:
peter49uk

Postby LeonRivers on Mon May 08, 2017 9:27 am

Weekend's Fixtures:

Stephen Hendrie

not in squad

Loan Ended

Josh Cullen

Josh played as Bradford secured a place at Wembley with a 0-0 draw at Fleetwood.

LIVE TWEETS:

46: Josh Cullen's pass put Marshall in behind and he beat Bolger before testing Cairns with a low drive.
74: Charlie Wyke held the ball up superbly and found the run of Josh Cullen but his low drive was held by Cairns.
83: Charlie Wyke got on the end of Timothee Dieng's ball in-behind and he found Josh Cullen who scooped the ball over.

Next match: Sat 20th May vs Millwall (n) - League 1 Playoff Final

Reece Burke

injured

Loan Ended

Marcus Browne

not in squad

Loan Ended

Enner Valencia

Enner played 25 minutes as Everton lost 0-1 at Swansea.

LIVE TEXT:

65' Substitution, Everton. Enner Valencia replaces Gareth Barry.
67' Attempt saved. Romelu Lukaku left footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Enner Valencia.
90' Attempt missed. Enner Valencia header from the centre of the box is too high. Assisted by Leighton Baines with a cross following a corner.

Next match: Fri 12th May vs Watford (h)

Jaanai Gordon

not in squad

Loan Ended

Sam Howes

Sam played as Hampton lost out to Ebbsfleet in the playoff semi-finals, losing 2-1 in the away leg to go out 2-4 on aggregate.

LIVE TWEETS:

9: Howes fouled by Winfield on the end of a long cross.
58: Easy save by Howes from Deering's long range shot.
69: Corner to Ebbsfleet... but Winfield's header is easy for Howes.
87: Howes saves with his feet from Kedwell's shot..... after a quick break

Loan Ended

Reece Oxford

not in squad

Next match: Sat 13th May vs Fulham (a) - Championship Playoff Semi-Final 1st Leg

OP UPDATED
LeonRivers

Postby Balhamite on Wed May 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Good to see that Samuelson played in the U23 playoff final last night
Balhamite

Postby LeonRivers on Wed May 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Balhamite wrote:Good to see that Samuelson played in the U23 playoff final last night

He was joined by Dobson and Hendrie as well.
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Wed May 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Latest Fixtures:

Enner Valencia

Enner played the second half as Everton beat Watford 1-0.

LIVE TEXT:

46' Ronald Koeman makes a change at the break... Holgate OFF Valencia ON
90' The Blues break but Enner Valencia is unable to take advantage and Gomes saves from close-range.

Next match: Sun 21st May vs Arsenal (a)

Reece Oxford

not in squad (twice)

Next match: Mon 29th May vs TBD (n) - Championship Playoff Final

OP UPDATED
LeonRivers

Postby libero on Thu May 18, 2017 8:03 am

So is Toni Martinez available for our match at Burnley next weekend?

If he is, given the state of our squad, he should be starting!

Can't quite understand how some of Chelsea's loanees can play for them but ours can't play for us
libero

Postby sanchoz on Fri May 19, 2017 3:13 pm

Josh Cullen: EFL Young Player award for Bradford's on-loan West Ham midfielder

You know as a footballer that the fans have taken to you when you get your own chant, but Bradford City's on-loan midfielder Josh Cullen has a pretty unique one.

Sung to the tune of "Achy Breaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus, the 21-year-old is compared favourably to France legend Zinedine Zidane in the chorus by the Bantams faithful.

His form has not just been noticed on the terraces, as the Republic of Ireland Under-21 man has won the EFL's Young Player of the Month award for April.

"It's nice to hear that from the stands, but the main thing is the result and playing for the team," Cullen, who is on loan at Bradford from West Ham, told BBC Sport.

"It's another one you dream of, a bit of a surreal feeling as a young player hearing it.

"It is a good feeling but I think you've got to try to blank that out as much as possible - obviously you appreciate the support, but when it comes to business you focus about what is happening on the pitch.

"It's obviously a bit far to say I'm better than Zidane, but it's a good feeling to have that support from the fans and I can only say thank you to them."

After joining Bradford on loan towards the end of last season, Cullen has spent the whole of 2016-17 with the League One club.

Southend-born Cullen has played 45 times, including scoring his first, and only so far, professional goal against MK Dons.

"I can't thank everyone at the club and the surrounding area enough to make me feel welcome and making sure that everything is OK with me on and off the pitch," he added.

"It's the first time I've been away from home for a long period of time and it's been brilliant."

His final appearance for Bradford before returning to the Premier League club for pre-season will be the League One play-off final against Millwall at Wembley on Saturday.

The Bantams, who lost at the the semi-final stage to the Lions last season, are looking to return to second-tier football for the first time since 2004.

"It would be silly of me to say this is not a massive game - probably one of the biggest in my career to date," he said.

"I'm looking forward to the occasion without getting too carried away - you've got the play the game and treat it as a normal game. If we do that, hopefully we won't go too far wrong.

"When you're a young lad running around in the garden it's one of the stadiums you dream of playing at. It's the first time I've played there and hopefully the first of a few times."

Cullen made his debut for West Ham against FC Lusitans in the Europa League in July 2015 and made four outings for the Hammers, including one substitute appearance in the Premier League.

He played for England's youth teams growing up, but switched his allegiance to Republic of Ireland and has featured for their Under-18, Under-19 and Under-21 sides.

The boyhood West Ham fan wants to make his mark at his parent club, but would not rule out a return to West Yorkshire.

"At the minute my main focus is to get into the West Ham first team - that is what the whole loan has been about," added Cullen.

"The main goal for me, and my dream growing up, is to play for West Ham and that is still what I'm striving to achieve."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39949132
Last edited by sanchoz on Fri May 19, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sanchoz

Postby sanchoz on Fri May 19, 2017 3:17 pm

Bradford City midfielder Josh Cullen wins Young Player of Month award

JOSH CULLEN has received a pre-play-off final boost after being named the EFL Young Player of the Month for April.

Cullen has been a model of consistency in the heart of the Bantams midfield this season and he carried his fine form into the final month of the Sky Bet League One campaign.

The 21-year-old, who is on loan from West Ham United, delivered a string of impressive displays in April, as City ensured a top-five finish with 13 points from a possible 18.

Upon receiving the award, Cullen said: "It's a nice achievement for me personally to pick up, so I'm delighted to receive the award, especially at such an important time of the season.

"I've just tried doing what I've been doing all season and it's great to be rewarded.”

The accolade has previously been won by the likes of Dele Alli, Wilfried Zaha and Jonjo Shelvey during their younger years.

Bantams boss Stuart McCall had high praise for Cullen, who is sure to have a key role in tomorrow's promotion clash with Millwall at Wembley.

He said: “Josh's knowledge of the game is superb. He could have won this award any month to be honest because his consistency has been fantastic. I can’t keep speaking highly enough of him, he’s barely had a bad game.

“He’s mature beyond his years as a player; you’d think he’d been in the game a long, long time. He plays like a seasoned pro and he’s still such a young age.”

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/s ... nth_award/
sanchoz

Postby LeonRivers on Sun May 21, 2017 12:25 pm

League 1 Playoff Final:

Josh Cullen

Josh played as Bradford lost to a late goal at Wembley, missing out on promotion to the Championship with a 0-1 defeat to Millwall.

MATCH REPORT:

"Time was against the Bantams as they looked to rescue themselves and force extra time and Josh Cullen fired a shot over the bar in desperation after the ball had broken free into his path."

LIVE TEXT:

14' Josh Cullen wins a free kick in the defensive half.
17' Corner, Millwall. Conceded by Josh Cullen.
17' Josh Cullen wins a free kick in the defensive half.
40' Josh Cullen wins a free kick in the defensive half.
62' Corner, Millwall. Conceded by Josh Cullen.
75' Corner, Millwall. Conceded by Josh Cullen.
88' Attempt missed. Josh Cullen right footed shot from outside the box is too high.
90'+4' Foul by Josh Cullen.
90'+5' Attempt missed. Tony McMahon right footed shot from a difficult angle on the right is close, but misses the top right corner. Assisted by Josh Cullen.

loan ended

OP UPDATED
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Sun May 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Enner Valencia

Enner played 83 minutes as Everton lost 3-1 at Arsenal. He had a second-half equaliser disallowed for a foul.

LIVE TEXT:

12' Red card! Laurent Koscielny is sent off in the 14th minute after a late challenge on Enner Valencia.
39' A scramble in the Arsenal penalty area with Barkley and Valencia both seeing shots blocked. The Blues still trail 2-0.
43' Three good saves from Cech to deny Gana, Lukaku and Valencia but Arsenal still hold a 2-0 lead.
66' Disallowed! Valencia heads the ball into the net but the Ecuadorian is adjudged to have fouled Mertesacker. Blues still trail 2-1.
83' Koeman makes his third substitution of the afternoon. Valencia OFF Kone ON

loan ended

OP UPDATED
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Wed May 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Walsall manager in talks with West Ham over re-signing Dobson

Walsall manager Jon Whitney has revealed that his club are locked in transfer talks with West Ham over the potential loan signing of midfielder George Dobson.

Speaking to the Express & Star, Whitney claimed negotiations are ongoing and stated his desire to bring the Hammers’ academy prospect back to the Bescot Stadium for a second successive season. “I am still speaking to West Ham about George,” Whitney said. “I am still negotiating on that. But George is a player I like and I’m keen for him to come back. At this precise moment I’m really prioritising a couple of other positions. But George is still in the mix and I am still in contact with him.”

Dobson, 19, spent the entire 2016-17 season on loan with the Midlands club, who currently ply their trade in League One. The defensive midfielder made a total of 26 league and cup appearances for the Saddlers as Whitney’s side finished in 14th place in England’s third tier. Walsall’s number six even scored the first senior goal of his career for Walsall in a League One clash against Fleetwood Town, but failed to help his side prevent a 2-1 loss in October.

Full Story: https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/05/blogs/ ... ng-dobson/
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Mon May 29, 2017 5:32 pm

Reece Oxford

not in squad

loan ended

OP UPDATED
LeonRivers

Postby Jumby on Tue May 30, 2017 12:35 am

LeonRivers wrote:Reece Oxford

not in squad

loan ended

OP UPDATED

2 starts, 3 sub appearances.
Jumby

Postby LeonRivers on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:44 pm

West Ham set to loan Reece Oxford to Borussia Monchengladbach

West Ham's Reece Oxford is joining Borussia Monchengladbach on a season-long loan.

The England prospect, 18, is going to Germany to help his development as manager Slaven Bilic sees the versatile defender as a big part of the Hammers ' future.

Oxford has found his opportunities limited at West Ham despite signing a long-term deal.

After a disappointing loan spell at Championship playoff finalists Reading saw him make just five league appearances, they want to see him go out and get more games under his belt.

Classy Oxford can also play in midfield, and the hope is the Bundesliga experience will boost his chances of becoming a first-team regular for his parent club.

Full Story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... e-10550241
LeonRivers

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion