Hammers on Loan 2016/17

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Hammers on Loan 2016/17

Postby Ozza on Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:20 pm

Thanks lyon
Ozza

Postby Boooogers! on Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:01 pm

Burnley Hammer wrote:Saying that he shone against Seattle is a bit of a lie.

He was completely ineffective, lightweight and anonymous. If it wasn't for the whole team being gash against Seattle I'd have serious concerns about his ability to make it into the first team.
Boooogers!

Postby LeonRivers on Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:02 am

Weekend Fixtures:

Stephen Hendrie

unused sub

Next match: Tues 9th August vs Mansfield (a) - EFL Cup

George Dobson

unused sub

Next match: Tues 9th August vs Yeovil (h) - EFL Cup

Kyle Knoyle

injured

Estimated return: January 2017 - Broken Elbow
LeonRivers

Postby hammer1975 on Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:02 am

Blackburn preferred to play a right back at left back rather than start Stephen Hendrie in today's game against Norwich
hammer1975

Postby Lee_WHU on Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:45 am

Worked well didn't it :D
Lee_WHU

Postby Jumby on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:20 am

It's frustrating that neither Dobson or Hendrie got a minute between them, especially when Coyle is playing players out of position ahead of Hendrie.
Jumby

Postby DDHammer on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:53 am

Jumby wrote:It's frustrating that neither Dobson or Hendrie got a minute between them, especially when Coyle is playing players out of position ahead of Hendrie.

Ultimately this let's you know if players are ready or not. If they struggle for games on loan in the lower leagues that won't be good enough. Players like Burke winning player of the year should tell you he's a massive step above.
DDHammer

Postby Jumby on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Does anyone know if there are clauses in a players loan contract that allow us to call them back and either play them ourselves or, more likely, loan them elsewhere? Just say Hendrie is available for 10 games and doesn't start any, whilst a right back is in his place filling in, couldn't we just have a clause where if he's not playing we are allowed to take him back? He'd learn more from training with us than Owen Coyle and his team of average nobody's.
Jumby

Postby bubbles1966 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:29 am

Cullen to Bradford, Page to Coventry, Pask to Gillingham.
bubbles1966

Postby LeonRivers on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:26 pm

Cullen returns to Bradford

Josh Cullen has returned to Bradford City on loan until the new year.

The Southend-born, 20-year-old spent the latter half of last season on loan with the Bantams and looked set to fight for a first team spot at West Ham this season, having featured in a number of first team outings. However Slaven Bilic has decided that his development will be better served by a second loan spell - something that Cullen is delighted to repeat.

"I really enjoyed my time at Bradford last season and it was a no-brainer really for me to return once I knew the club were interested in bringing me back," he told Bradford's website. "I am excited by the prospect of trying to push this club on again. Playing in the play-offs with Bradford and losing in the semi-finals almost felt like unfinished business here for me. I didn't know exactly what my situation was going to be for this year but as soon as I knew West Ham were allowing me to come, I was straight in the car to get up here. The fans, players and the staff were all brilliant with me first time around and I feel really comfortable at the club. West Ham were really happy with the way Bradford treated me and Reece [Burke] last season. This is a great club and I am really happy to be back."

Full Story Here: http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=130181

Gills land Pask on season-long deal

Academy defender Josh Pask is to continue his development at Gillingham, where he is to spend the next season on loan. The highly-rated 18-year-old signed a new three-year contract with West Ham last week - but is set to spend the first of those on loan with the League 2 outfit.

I'm looking forward to the season ahead," he told Gillingham's website. "I experienced league football last season on-loan at Dagenham. it was a good step-up from the Under-21s and I feel ready to play at a higher level this season. And Gills boss Justin Edinburgh was equally pleased to land a player with such a bright future ahead of him.

"Josh is a bright, young player who has impressed the staff and I on the occasions we’ve seen him play," said the former Tottenham and Southend defender. We’ve been looking at strengthening the backline this summer, and with his talent and the league experience he gained at Dagenham last season, he’ll be a valuable signing."

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=130182
LeonRivers

Postby Bury Me @ The Boleyn on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:30 pm

bubbles1966 wrote:Cullen to Bradford, Page to Coventry, Pask to Gillingham.

The only one that doesn't appear to be official yet it Page to Coventry.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Postby LeonRivers on Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:28 pm

Page set for Sky Blue spell

West Ham United defender Lewis Page has joined Coventry City on loan to become the third Hammer to make a temporary switch to League One.

Following Josh Cullen’s and Josh Pask’s moves to Bradford City and Gillingham respectively, left-back Page has teamed up with Tony Mowbray’s side on a loan deal. Page was a late substitute for the Hammers’ in Sunday’s Betway Cup tie against Juventus. The 20-year-old left-back spent time with Cambridge United in League Two last season, making six appearances for the U’s as they eventually finished ninth in England’s fourth tier.

He returned to the Hammers late on in the season to help the Dev Squad lift the U21 Premier League Cup as they beat Hull City in the final over two legs. The defender also enjoyed first team pre-season tours to the United States and Austria this summer, as well as a trip to Slovenia for the Club’s Europa League third qualifying round clash against NK Domzale.

Page becomes the Sky Blues’ fifth summer signing, following ex-Hammer Kyel Reid, who joined at the end of last month, through the door.

Full Story Here: http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016 ... Blue-spell
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:46 pm

Stephen Hendrie

Stephen made his Blackburn debut, playing 73 minutes in a 3-1 win at Mansfield.

LIVE TEXT:

11' Stephen Hendrie wins a free kick on the right wing.
73' Stephen Hendrie wins a free kick on the right wing.
73' Substitution, Blackburn Rovers. Adam Henley replaces Stephen Hendrie.

Next match: Sat 13th August vs Wigan (a)

George Dobson

George made his professional debut tonight, playing 69 minutes for Walsall as they lost 0-2 to two extra time goals from Yeovil.

LIVE TEXT:

15' George Dobson wins a free kick in the attacking half.
50' Foul by George Dobson.
60' Corner, Yeovil Town. Conceded by George Dobson.
69' Substitution, Walsall. Liam Kinsella replaces George Dobson.

Next match: Sat 13th August vs Oldham (a)

Josh Cullen

not in squad

Next match: Sat 13th August vs Peterborough (a)

Josh Pask

Josh made his Gillingham debut, playing the full match as the Gills won 3-1 at Southend.

LIVE TEXT:

62' Corner, Southend United. Conceded by Josh Pask.
63' Foul by Josh Pask

Next match: Sat 13th August vs Bury (h)

Lewis Page

unused sub

Next match: Sat 13th August vs Shrewsbury (h)

Kyle Knoyle

injured

OP UPDATED :kumb:
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:53 am

Weekend Fixtures

Stephen Hendrie

Stephen made his Championship debut, introduced as a half-time substitute (with the score at 0-2) in a 0-3 defeat at Wigan.

LIVE TEXT:

45' Substitution, Blackburn Rovers. Stephen Hendrie replaces Adam Henley.
47' Stephen Hendrie wins a free kick in the defensive half.

Next match: Weds 17th August vs Cardiff City (a)

George Dobson

unused sub

Next match: Tues 16th August vs Chesterfield (a)

Josh Cullen

Josh made his second Bradford City debut and was named man of the match in a 1-0 win at Peterborough.

MATCH REPORT:

"Bradford should have won more emphatically as Josh Cullen missed a glorious chance to mark the start of his second loan spell with a goal early in the second half. He side-footed wide from 10 yards after McMahon had once more unlocked the home defence."

LIVE TEXT:

25' Josh Cullen wins a free kick in the attacking half.
31' Josh Cullen wins a free kick in the defensive half.
41' Josh Cullen wins a free kick in the defensive half.
44' Josh Cullen wins a free kick in the defensive half.
50' Attempt missed. Josh Cullen right footed shot from the centre of the box misses to the right.
75' Josh Cullen wins a free kick in the defensive half.
82' Corner, Peterborough United. Conceded by Josh Cullen.

Next match: Tues 16th August vs MK Dons (a)

Josh Pask

Josh played the full match as Gillingham beat Bury 2-1 to climb to the top of League 1.

LIVE TEXT:

12' Corner, Bury. Conceded by Josh Pask.

Next match: Tues 16th August vs Swindon (h)

Lewis Page

Lewis made his Coventry debut, playing the full match as Coventry drew 0-0 with Shrewsbury.

LIVE TEXT:

76' Foul by Lewis Page.

Next match: Tues 16th August vs Bury (h)

Kyle Knoyle

injured

Last edited by LeonRivers on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeonRivers

Postby sanchoz on Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:17 am

Bradford image from the Bradford Telegraph and Argus. Coventry image from the Coventry Telegraph
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Lee_WHU on Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:00 pm

The OS report of our loanees: http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016 ... n-round-up

Very odd behaviour, I don't know who they have running the website but at the best of times it's littered with errors and spelling mistakes. Here they neglected to mention Stephen Hendrie yet acknowledged Kyle Knoyle is continuing his rehab from injury and didn't feature for Wigan against.... Blackburn :?

Does anyone know of a way to contact them regarding articles posted?
Lee_WHU

Postby DannyboyDJL on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:01 pm

Cullen just scored for Bradford.
DannyboyDJL

Postby bubbles1966 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:03 pm

Cullen scores.
bubbles1966

Postby LeonRivers on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:37 pm

Midweek Fixtures

Stephen Hendrie

Stephen played the full match as Blackburn lost 2-1 at Cardiff.

Next match: Sat 20th August vs Burton (h)

George Dobson

George made his league debut, starting in Walsall's 0-2 defeat at Chesterfield. He was substitued after 77 minutes with the score at 0-1.

Next match: Sat 20th August vs Charlton (h)

Josh Cullen

Josh scored his first professional career goal - the opening goal - as Bradford won 2-1 at MK Dons.

MATCH REPORT:

"City grew into the contest and took the lead after twelve minutes through Cullen, just a few days after a man of the match display at Peterborough United."
"Mark Marshall's shot squirmed under the body of David Martin and was scrambled into the path of Cullen, who forced the ball into the back of the net."
"Williams looked set to release a shot but he was denied by a vital recovering challenge by Cullen."

LIVE TEXT:

12' Goal! MK Dons 0, Bradford City 1. Josh Cullen right footed shot from very close range to the bottom left corner.
33' Josh Cullen wins a free kick in the attacking half.
39' Attempt saved. Josh Cullen right footed shot from very close range is saved in the bottom left corner.
39' Foul by Josh Cullen.
51' Foul by Josh Cullen.
52' Corner, MK Dons. Conceded by Josh Cullen.
68' Josh Cullen wins a free kick on the right wing.
70' Josh Cullen wins a free kick in the defensive half.
86' Josh Cullen wins a free kick on the left wing.

Next match: Sat 20th August vs Coventry (h)

Josh Pask

Josh played 79 minutes as Gillingham drew 1-1 at Swindon.

Next match: Sat 20th August vs Scunthorpe (a)

Lewis Page

unused sub

Next match: Sat 20th August vs Coventry (a)

Kyle Knoyle

injured

Last edited by LeonRivers on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LeonRivers

Postby sanchoz on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:06 am

Clarke got the chance again to partner Jordy Hiwula – and seized the opportunity to convince Stuart McCall by scoring once more with a superb effort.

That followed hot on the heels from a scrambled opener by Josh Cullen and City were on their way to three more massive points.

having negotiated a tricky few minutes, City then stunned the hosts by scoring not once but twice in a five-minute spell.

They had already found their feet when Mark Marshall's neat turn set up Clarke for a curling shot at keeper David Martin.

But then Marshall cut in again on the right side of the box, Martin just about smuggled his shot out of the net, Hiwula's follow-up was blocked from point-blank range – and there was Cullen loitering with intent to jab home the rebound at the far post.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/s ... ut_Hanson/
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion