Gökhan Töre

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Gökhan Töre

Postby Burnley Hammer on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:56 pm

In those early games, it just looked as though none of the players had played with each other before and had zero understanding of each others games. Almost like we signed them the day before and none of them had met their new teammates yet.
Burnley Hammer

Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Postby Exiledin cardiff on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:00 pm

Hang on just a minute people, and take a look at whats happening here.

1 Tore bad signing down to Slav lets get rid asap

2 Paulista, Calleiri,Elan, bad signings down to Sully, lets hang on to him he might come good.

Play fair lads.

Tore was so unfit to start of with Slav wanted him desperatly and was eager to get him involved sadly it didn't work out for him or us.

Why then wasn't Callieri sent packing as quickly?
Sullivans soiled little mitts are all over our transfers, and team selection. Personally I would have walked by now, and I would have done it 10 minutes before kick off, and told Sullivan your so f***ing good you sort it.
Exiledin cardiff

Postby fjthegrey on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:03 pm

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Tore was so unfit to start of with Slav waned imdesperatly and was eager to get him involved sadly it didn't work out for him or us.

Why then wasn't Callieri sent packing as quickly...

Tore has been injured all season. Unable to play a game since his last appearance for us. Sent packing because he was in essence, completely useless.

Calleri, whilst similarly poor during his appearances, is at least an able bodied player who we have been able to get on the pitch, albeit to little effect.
fjthegrey

Postby HoustonHammer24 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:00 pm

I agree with most posters that we unfortunately never got to see the best of Tore. I'm sure there were a lot of factors involved (language, culture, fitness, etc.), but he just never got up to speed with the premier league.

There were a few moments, especially at home where there is more room to dribble, that he showed some promising runs and dribbled past a few opposition players (Bournemouth and maybe Southampton at home, can't remember). I was thinking at that moment that he would be a great impact sub for the season. Unfortunately the injury struck and therefore his time in East London came to an end.

Wish him the best, but we move on!
HoustonHammer24

Postby Exiledin cardiff on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:00 pm

FJ

Don't get that argument, we had players other than Callieri available, ( Fletcher, Martinez ( prior to loan) Fernandes) all waiting for a chance,

but chose not to use them, I still believe Tore may have had something to offer, far more than Callieri but because he was a Slav deal it didn't suit Sullivan.
Exiledin cardiff

Postby fjthegrey on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:06 pm

Tore has been injured all season. Calleri hasn't.

There really isn't much more to it than that. Fletcher has played more than Calleri as well. The other first team player - Fernandes - is a central midfielder and shouldn't be considered part of the conversation.
fjthegrey

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:07 pm

fjthegrey wrote:...................................................

However, I was horrified at the frequency with which he relinquished possession. His inability to play short, simple passes to team mates in relative amounts of space was shocking.

He's hardly alone in that particular aspect. The whole team demonstrates the same shortcoming every game.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby YorksHammer on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:13 pm

HoustonHammer24 wrote:I agree with most posters that we unfortunately never got to see the best of Tore. I'm sure there were a lot of factors involved (language, culture, fitness, etc.), but he just never got up to speed with the premier league.

Considering he only played six games for us, I don't think that's too surprising.
YorksHammer

Postby MilHammer on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:40 pm

I used to watch Tore a decent amount when he played for Besiktas, having lived in Istanbul. I was super excited to see if he was able to make the jump, but sadly it hasn't worked out. Still has a lot of talent, and is one of the more creative/technical Turkish players in recent memory. That being said, I don't think his fitness levels were ever near the level thats required for the BPL, and in this league, he can't just run at players like he did in Turkey.

Watch him turn good as soon as he leaves the club haha
MilHammer

Postby HammerAl on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Tore was the only summer signing (other than Masuaku from what I had heard about him) that I was actually excited to see play for us. Slav really wanted him and it sounded like he would come into the team and link up with Payet & Lanzini well.

I do feel quite sorry for him too and don't think he is sh*t like some have made out. He was obviously unfit and was thrown in at the deep end a few times without having any time to adapt (Chelsea away springs to mind) due to injuries / odd team selections. That along with a poor run from the team in general would have ruined his confidence and we've all seen that players with little or no confidence find the simplest things hard to do.

It's a shame, but we move on.
HammerAl

Postby Jumby on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:45 pm

Classic West Ham signing, absolutely classic.
Jumby

Previous

Return to General Discussion