Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Colours never run »

Samba wrote:he posted it on his twitter page. he has had warning letters about damaging the stadium when he bangs his metal leg !
Ribman? I'm gonna call him f**king Ironman, from now on..
:lol:

It's such a West Ham thing. Love it.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

perhaps we should all start kicking the ***** bowl to pieces. how about all jumping up and down in unison as they do in germany. will the scaffolding and breeze blocks take it ?

the place is starting to look tatty and will need some repairs soon. obviously we wont pay for it and LS185 or whoever is responsible will want to do it on the cheap. perhaps if the cost is too much they might flog it to the dido boys ?

noticed on BT sport they were saying what a wonderful stadium the bowl was . are they taking the p ?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Red Kens Slave wrote:West Ham supporter reaction is to slag him off on the morning of the game. I despair at this site at times.
I guess it's KUMB's fault for giving them a platform, right...
Big George
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 279 likes

Post by Big George »

Saracens move their annual "showpiece game" from OS to new Spurs Stadium

https://www.saracens.com/news-article/s ... FqNaZX5OZg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't blame them.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

The only silver lining on Spurs stadium is they may nick enough business off LS for it to go bust and we can pick it up dirt cheap. At least they can’t nick the baseball lol.
Red Kens Slave

Post by Red Kens Slave »

Up the Junction wrote: I guess it's KUMB's fault for giving them a platform, right...
:eh: that's quite a leap you've made there
sutts07
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Red Kens Slave wrote:I despair at this site at times.
Think you were trying to say that you despair at some of the posters on this site, as opposed to the actual site itself.
Red Kens Slave

Post by Red Kens Slave »

sutts07 wrote: Think you were trying to say that you despair at some of the posters on this site, as opposed to the actual site itself.
:thup: and probably not even some of the posters, just some of the posts.

It would be extremely weird if my position was that an internet forum should not be giving a platform for opinions.
rainhamtown
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by rainhamtown »

Its probably been talked about but does anyone know why there are a bunch (a whole other stand) of claret and blue seats underneath the tarpaulin under the screen in the Trevor Brooking stand?
hammerman11
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

new summer signings claret seats and carpet.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Saracens to play showpiece games at Spurs new stadium
Saracens have agreed a five-year deal to play their annual showpiece match at Tottenham Hotspur's new stadium.

Sarries have staged selected home games at Wembley Stadium and London Stadium over the past decade.

"It's a special opportunity to partner with our fellow north Londoners, with whom we share so many core values," said Sarries chairman Nigel Wray.

"Tottenham Hotspur have shown themselves to be true innovators in the development of their new stadium.

NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

rainhamtown wrote:Its probably been talked about but does anyone know why there are a bunch (a whole other stand) of claret and blue seats underneath the tarpaulin under the screen in the Trevor Brooking stand?
That’s the actual lower tier as used for athletics etc, & the only permanent structure in that cesspit.

Our version of the lower tier is glorified demountable seating...
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

I've got my first child on the way in August.

If it wasn't for him/her, I'd jack my season ticket in. I want my kid to suffer what I've had to.

Why should they get away with it?
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Latest stadium SAG meeting minutes from 15th Feb online now:

Details of Brimingham City debrief missing.
LLDC shared details of all planned road closures around the park that will affect events at the
stadium along with the new business layout from 2020. New way finding will be in place.

WHU raised their concerns around the road closures and requested a letter including the map be shared
with them. It was noted that WH will be added to the site wide email distribution list for road closures.
Other bits about how the velodrome might be used for the commonwealth games, ticket touting and barriers on the stadium island/egress:

https://www.newham.gov.uk/Documents/Bus ... eb2019.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Cheers Sanchoz for the above. Interested to know what makes Everton/Newcastle a cat B fixture but Liverpool a cat A fixture?
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

sanchoz wrote:Latest stadium SAG meeting minutes from 15th Feb online now:

Details of Brimingham City debrief missing.

Other bits about how the velodrome might be used for the commonwealth games, ticket touting and barriers on the stadium island/egress:

https://www.newham.gov.uk/Documents/Bus ... eb2019.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ticketing strategy:
LS185 advised that staff will be deployed at the turnstiles going forward. Concession turnstiles are being trialled
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 89 likes

Post by War Pony »

https://twitter.com/westham_gossip/stat ... 4701680641

Moving supporters closer to the pitch at the London Stadium will have to wait for now!

Insiders close to the project say there is zero chance that the Sir Trevor Brooking and Bobby Moore stands will be reconfigured this summer in time for next season.

:thdn:
Big George
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 279 likes

Concession turnstiles

Post by Big George »

According to the SAG
Minutes of the London Stadium Safety Advisory Group (LS-SAG) chaired by Newham on 15th February reveal ” LS185 advised that (ticket office) staff will be deployed at the turnstiles going forward. Concession turnstiles are being trialled.”
So I am going to send my boy through separate turnstile? He's 8 now and can probably handle it but he's been going since he was three. Not sure I'd have been comfortable with it.

Another move introduced without any consultation or thought.
HarlowEssexHammer
Total likes: 65 likes

Re: Concession turnstiles

Post by HarlowEssexHammer »

If they are to introduce this George, I'd imagine this means they'll direct those with concession tickets to the end turnstile, instead of sending young kids to an entirely different gate? Still, that could be too much like common sense for WHU.
mushy
Has liked: 654 likes
Total likes: 879 likes

Re: Concession turnstiles

Post by mushy »

HarlowEssexHammer wrote:If they are to introduce this George, I'd imagine this means they'll direct those with concession tickets to the end turnstile, instead of sending young kids to an entirely different gate? Still, that could be too much like common sense for WHU.
Isnt the point though that the younguns will be at a different turnstile to their parent?
Even if it was the next one along you still wouldn't want a three/four year old going through on his/her own.

Unless they intend to let the parent use the same concession turnstile.