Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Rocket »

I completely get where you're coming from, taff. Unfortunately we know that prices won't be lowered across the stadium.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

they are frozen though
griff123

Post by griff123 »

hammerman11 wrote:they are frozen though
Not confirmed yet as far as I'm aware
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Rocket wrote:I completely get where you're coming from, taff. Unfortunately we know that prices won't be lowered across the stadium.
Not aimed at yourself Rocket, its the days of Brady spin and social media and i see a post on here suggesting all lower tier seats should be band 1. Next thing you know they will be and Brady will claim it was the customers idea.If my views the same as before it should the same band.
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

Phil S wrote:I've got one of those badges
i sold mine for £1.49p on eBay. Touch.
leveller

Post by leveller »

hammerman11 wrote:The fault lies with the stadium itself. The upper tiers are rubbish. I wont buy a ticket in them again. Rather not go !
The fault lies with the board for moving us to the stadium.

No price bands should be upgraded after one season in the new stadium, nobody should have to pay hundreds more to sit in the same seat they chose at the reservation centre (their "comparable view") after just one season. If the board want to lower the prices of some bands that's obviously fine. If the board ****ed up the banding that's their problem. If we accept anything else, more fool us.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

LIFE AT THE LONDON STADIUM IN WEST HAM FANS’ OWN WORDS

https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/article/l ... -own-words" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
e1hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by e1hammer »

Interesting sentence in the Sun article about the freezing of ticket prices.

Talks at board level have already began on the prices. Things are more than likely going to remain as they are.

Bye bye Band 3 Lower Tier...
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Keeping the prices the same will see a drop in Band 1, 2 and 1966 seats in my opinion

The lower price bands will still sell, those dropping out will just be those that don't like the stadium/owners

Band 5 will sell out, if they create more band 5 (£289) that will also sell out... cheap as chips!

Problem will the dearer bands is with lack of investment it's not value for money for a worse experience/view than the Boleyn

They could have got away with it had they invested enough as fans would have suffered it for the upturn in fortunes on the pitch

Fans would continuously renew at the Boleyn but it's not the same now, not renewing at the OS has no emotion attached to it so makes it a lot easier.

Half the people sitting near me change every game dispite all being sold as season tickets, it doesn't feel like home
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I'm going to see Roma this week, albeit the Europa league. Looking forward to seeing how that view compares!
light n bitter
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by light n bitter »

Thinking of trying the trumans /trurib place.
Anyone use it regular? worth the fee?
Cheers
bengeo
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by bengeo »

I think Trurib is well worth the £10 membership fee, but why not try it on a Guest Pass? That'll cost you a fiver with a £4 beer included. Not sure they do a 'light n bitter' ...... 8-)
light n bitter
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by light n bitter »

Wot no light ale....i'll pass then :D
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

There are are few beers on tap, definitely give it a go.
hammerman11
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

tried the cartwright arms at the wba match. packed and full of west ham songs. bit like the old boleyn and queens combined. will be part of the pre match ritual. Bull inn first and then on to the c arms. Avoiding westfield has made it feel more like going to a west ham game.

little things they could do now to improve it for us would be the long awaited shelves for your pint, some of the old stall holders on the concourse,allow the standing !

not much to ask before they tackle the big problem - moving the fans nearer the pitch !
njewhu

Post by njewhu »

I upgraded to Band 1 at the olympic stadium from Band 3 at Upton Park (i was in the middle of the BMU upper near the front)

I am now in row 69 in block 236 - loads of empty seats and too far away. i need to be 15 rows further forward as its not good value at all.

i paid more thinking that i would get a better view but thats not whats happened.... :crest:
Beefy's mum

Post by Beefy's mum »

hammerman11 wrote:
not much to ask before they tackle the big problem - moving the fans nearer the pitch !
This unfortunately is never going to happen, it's logistically just not possible in this stadium.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Beefy's mum wrote:
This unfortunately is never going to happen, it's logistically just not possible in this stadium.
B..b...but the board said
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Because of the distance from the pitch to the seats in the center of the stands the view cannot be as good as the Boleyn ground. So there should be no band 1 prices. The corporate sections are a different matter but because the view is inferior the catering and lounges should be by far the best in the league to justify the cost of your package.
I've not been in but would wager they aren't the best in the league.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

taffhammer wrote:Because of the distance from the pitch to the seats in the center of the stands the view cannot be as good as the Boleyn ground. So there should be no band 1 prices. The corporate sections are a different matter but because the view is inferior the catering and lounges should be by far the best in the league to justify the cost of your package.
I've not been in but would wager they aren't the best in the league.
Taff

I have a seat in the 1966 club , on the half way line , 37 rows from the front .The view is ok and you get a programme , but you pay a 15-20% premium over the cost of a Band 1 seat .

I also have Company seats in the Boleyn bar , again on the half way line, 20 rows back , the view is decent and the bar itself ok .You can generally get a seat , a burger and chips is £9 , but you have somewhere warm to sit for an hour after the game while the queue for the train recedes .Until they sort out Crossrail that's a huge bonus , but at £2,000 a season it's very pricey for what it is .

For the Man City game I upgraded 2 seats from the BB to the "Forge" at a cost of £140 extra per seat .Hugely expensive but you get a 3 course meal thrown in , but booze before and after is extra .You get a free drink at half time though, same as the Boleyn bar .The lounge itself was nice enough but to get to the seats associated with it you had to leave the lounge and get an escalator upstairs and across a concourse and into the stadium area .Bit of a pain at the prices being paid .

My opinion on the 3 is

1966 is the best value except you have the sun in your eyes .

Boleyn Bar is ok, 2nd best "value" but quite "toppy"

The Forge , a complete rip off .Way, and I mean, way over priced .