Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Doc H Ball »

Wembley1966 wrote:^^^ Were you in The Crate today with their particular peachy IPA?
I was in the Howling with a jug of ‘tropical fruit’ IPA. When I asked what was in it the rather crazed barmaid said ‘peaches’.

I also had a plate of sharing nachos and posh baked beans.

Thinking of buying plaid and a map showing the location of public toilets.
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

I love the craft ales in Hackney Wick.
I am thinking about growing a whimsical beard and travelling to games on a vintage bicycle.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Where have the Honours Boards gone on the West Stand?
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

The owners took them down untill the tenants cough up some extra money for maintenace to the big screens, our home ground, yeah right!
Graza

Post by Graza »

It is hilariously petty what they've done there. Almost like they are trying to make it feel like a rented toilet bowl rather than a home ground...

Still got the dodgy green carpet down. Can you imagine if Lukaku goes over on it and shafts his knee next week, given that they've been told it's not fit for purpose the lawsuit might be enough to finish them off.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) will face the London Assembly Budget and Performance Committee on Thursday 27th at 10 am.

The published agenda says the scrutiny committee will seek an update on the London Stadium and the finances of E20 LLP, as well as the risks inherent with the LLDC’s large capital programme.

The paperwork says this meeting will provide the Committee with the opportunity to receive an update from the LLDC prior to the 2019/20 Budget process.

Live link:- https://www.london.gov.uk/london-assemb ... 2018-09-27
OohAahButler
Has liked: 570 likes
Total likes: 294 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

Doc H Ball wrote:A word of advice - approach the place from Hackney Wick and it’s a lot better. Out of my way, but one stop on the Overground and you avoid Westfields, the stop and go ubermensch, rammed watering holes and the sheep dip!
Ssshhhh
Noble Man
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Noble Man »

Raging with the ticket situation....

Was over of Saturday and I've been a Claret member for years and ticket has always been uploaded onto the card. Bought ticket as usual and arrived at turn style K before 1 - card didn't read and the steward told me I needed to go to the ticket office and get a ticket. Went to the allocated window and stoop for ages as it seemed to be closed.

At 1.25 got to the window and was asked for ID - had my bank card, email with ticket, credit card ticket was bought on and membership card that had my reference number on it that was on the email etc etc - at one point thought this wasn't going to be enough. Was about to get into the 'I've been up from 4am to come here etc, etc' but common sense prevailed.

Missed kick-off though

Have to say was sat 3-4 row in 2nd tier of block 255 and loved the view!!
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

my members card hasn't worked all season. for the wolves and Bournemouth matches wouldn't let me in despite receiing an email confirmation. my wife got in and thankfully commonsense prevailed and the stewards let me in via another entrance point. next game is the spurs match so will have to get to ticket office beforehand as don't want to join a long ticket office queue at 2.40pm
Noble Man
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Noble Man »

hammerman11 wrote:my members card hasn't worked all season. for the wolves and Bournemouth matches wouldn't let me in despite receiing an email confirmation. my wife got in and thankfully commonsense prevailed and the stewards let me in via another entrance point. next game is the spurs match so will have to get to ticket office beforehand as don't want to join a long ticket office queue at 2.40pm
I was told the email confirmation had a paper ticket attached and I should have printed this off - print yours off and you should be fine and not need to go to the ticket office
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Quick question. How long would it take to get to Stratford International if you left on full time from the west stand? Looking to make a train at 9:47 tomorrow night.
Corney Beal

Post by Corney Beal »

If it helps, I am South East side, lower tier, Block 132. For 3 pm fixtures we leave on the final whistle, over the bridge near our exit, by the club store. Left along the river by the Orbit. Join the crowds leaving the next bridge, keftbto Stratford International. Make the departure to St Pancras around 17:15 hrs, usually with five minutes or so leeway.
As you are West side, would suggest heading towards the north side, Hacney Wick way, walked around the north side on the main road to meet the station that way, avoiding the crowds on the park bridge and stop/ go potential delays.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

From the West side, I reckon it's about 17+ minutes to get down to the platform. Where are you going to - if you're going into London you might want to consider going from Hackney Wick which is 8 minutes from the West side on to the platform and no chance of stop/go boards (although there shouldn't be any tomorrow). I'm on the East side and always go that way - I've got friends on the West side that used to go to Stratford International and I always got to Euston at least 5 minutes before them - they now go Hackney Wick.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Thanks both. We are trying to get back to Paddington for a 10:21 train which looks like it will only be possible if we either leave 10 minutes early or go on the high speed back to Kings Cross from Stratford International and the tube it back to Paddington.
brooking10
Total likes: 1 like

Post by brooking10 »

Knighter, turn right outside West Stand, head North towards the Copperbox taking the bridge by turnstile K, turn right at the first road you come to - Waterden Road, straight down then left into Roundhouse Lane and follow road round to station. Probably 15-20 mins at brisk pace. Never seen any crowds that way if you get away sharpish.
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Knighter10WHU wrote:Thanks both. We are trying to get back to Paddington for a 10:21 train which looks like it will only be possible if we either leave 10 minutes early or go on the high speed back to Kings Cross from Stratford International and the tube it back to Paddington.

you can go straight through to paddington from stratford on crossrail ---- No, wait, that's next year, mabe :lol:
sirwalter

Post by sirwalter »

BBC are showing the following from todays LLDC meeting:

Owners of London Stadium have spent £4m of taxpayers' money in legal fees in the past three years over disputes with tenants West Ham.

The London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) has been in dispute with the Hammers over several aspects of its 99-year lease.

Gerry Murphy, LLDC deputy chief executive, confirmed the costs at a London Assembly meeting.

Assembly member Caroline Pidgeon said the situation was "extraordinary".

The LLDC says high operating costs mean it loses £250,000 for every West Ham match, while the Hammers have claimed they contribute a total of £10m a year in revenue, including rent.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

So the LLDC spends 4 million and the Baroness just crosses her arms and says "no".
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

I see West Ham are still claiming 10m even though they admit only 3m comes directly from them ...

So does that mean I can claim 50 quid expenses for lunch yesterday? Sure mine was only 15 quid but I had three mates who spent 35 on lunch just because I was there, so doesn't that make their money mine?That must be right under GSB logic, let's just see what accounts have to say about that ...
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

shame we cant cut the BS out and get to a situation where its 50m for the stadium west ham united, you interested. decision by xmas 2018 please.
no athletics
full ownership of stadium and forecourt areas
full west ham branded bowl and surround
buy now and no more rental payments and no more losses to others.

win win

we know gsb wont spend much doing it up but it cant be worse than it currently is ! they wont install new seats nearer the pitch or rebuild the thing but there are things to be done cheaply they could do :-
1. all seats claret colour
2. honours boards back up
3. claret carpet
4. proper west ham branded bars not pop up stalls
5.no popcorn, replace with peanuts, monkey nuts,bovril,pies,chips.
6.sky TV on TV around the concourses
7.more shelves and seating for drinkers on concourse
8. outside of bowl to be in claret and blue. too much white currently.
9. local vendors allowed on forecourt area at reduced rents
10. fanzones set up and more west ham branding on approach to the stadium
11. west ham flags on the bowl
12. flags allowed into the stadium, free ones handed out at selected matches
13. celebratory T shirt once ownership confirmed.
14. encouragement for singing areas throughout the ground
15. Boleyn ground stewards contacted and asked to work at the bowl on west ham united contracts
16. beer prices reduced. local East London brewers invited to sell at the ground.
17. East stand renamed the Billy Bonds stand
18. west stand renamed vic Watson stand
19. ladies team games moved to the bowl
20. commitment to look at the seating distance from pitch problem with local architects and a transparent report produced within industry timeframe

so much could be done IF they get the bowl