Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Porkeyes »

Why does everyone get carried away with images of these new stadiums? Of course it looks good as a CGI they are trying to sell it to you ! The Spurs will soon be moaning when their prices get ramped and they realise the 9k a season chance to look at a player through a one-way mirror isn't intended for their ilk. Same with the images we got and it turned out to be the worst Football stadium in the country. I don't remember seeing trampolines, greengrocers carpet and the biggest tangle of scaffolding in human history during the brainwashing.
Emirates , Wembley both lovely structures but ultimately **** for atmosphere and nostalgia. Neither are a patch on even the recent UP and it's not just me with c&b bins on, football fans in general liked coming to our ground because it was REAL.

Liverpool's new stand is something to behold, they've added to their existing stature and history and not told their support they are "founders" like the bellends we have did.

Just imagine the East Side / Station sorted out and what could have been. :fsake:
hammer1975
Has liked: 978 likes
Total likes: 1154 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

We should call their bluff and make a public offer for the stadium and state the intention to knock it down and start again.

Club valued at over £650m by GSB, less than £100m debt and £50m equity - £500m to knock down and rebuild right there. On the condition that Athletics ****'s off to a more appropriate sized stadium
arlhe
Has liked: 241 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by arlhe »

Sparky, If you've got Amanda on the case there is a very good chance the ban will be lifted. From what I've seen on here she has a very good record.

The bad news is it takes time as the club have to be prodded every step of the way.

I don't know how long but it does seem to take several months to do the right thing.
Sparky69er

Post by Sparky69er »

Yeah i have been speaking with Amanda and we went through the letter together prior to sending. I sent the email with the letter attached to LS185 last night, i doubt i'll hear anything back... so keep your feet of my seat :)
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by costa75 »

JerseyHammer wrote:They'll feel like zoo animals walking down that tunnel though, people staring at them through the glass
It is going to be one way glass apparantly. The players will not be able to see the fans. It is a **** idea though........

It's a nice shiny corporate looking stadium going by the renders. The new Emirates? I bet the S**** fans will be paying through the nose for it as well.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

A nice glossy shiny new stadium with people in suits . When was the last time you wore a suitto football The future of football - no thanks. Sanitisation of the supporters.

The glass tunnel to look at players whilst you eat your prawns and have a craft beer. Should you be in your seat awaiting the arrival of the teams.

The only good thing about it is that the seats are near the pitch which ours are currently not.

New stadium and new price hikes for the spuds. Very soon they will be moaning about the costing compared to our seats.

If we can get seats nearer the pitch as has been suggested with proper retractable seating and a few other issues sorted I think we will have the better deal overall. They will still have the better team unfortuanetly.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 520 likes
Total likes: 1313 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

We cannot move seats closer.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Even if you could move the lower near, the 46,000 (once at 66,000) will not be moving even 1mm

As for CGI and spurs new football stadium

What did our board hide the frigging gaps in most images

Believer
Has liked: 1425 likes
Total likes: 761 likes

Post by Believer »

SIM only Zsa Zsa wrote:
Watch Spurs struggle for years after moving whilst they're paying off the stadium. Happened to Arsenal who are a much bigger club.

We have been able to move to a new, bigger ground and have not been left financially burdened.
Spurs will not struggle financially. They're by all accounts in line for the biggest naming rights deal in England. They've just signed the 2nd biggest shirt deal in England. They've got one of the best training facilities in the country bought and paid for - that can get sponsored. They look like they're goin to get more CL money next year. Yes it's going to cost them but 10 years down the line it'll be paid for and they'll be taking it in like Arsenal, meanwhile down our place we will have stepped up to having claret and blue tape wrapped round the scaffold poles that hold up our seats !

They're miles ahead of us now. They'll be even further once in there.
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

I just watched the spur video and it looks like being in a hotel lobby or an airport departure lounge.
I'm more jealous of palace.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by Ben »

Pop Robson wrote: What did our board hide the frigging gaps in most images
looks absolutely nothing like the place does it?

on a side note, anyone seen this new world cup stadium?
http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/1024/cps ... 680768.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
what's with the gaps here? is it going to be an athletic stadium after the tournament?!
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Is that Qatar?

If so, I'm pretty sure they're converting some of the stadiums for camel racing after the tournament. Seriously.
leveller

Post by leveller »

Pop Robson wrote: Image
What's that place supposed to be? I don't recognise it.

There is one way we could get the seats closer to the pitch which is to knock the stadium down and rebuild it. That would be the cheapest and easiest option to achieve seating close to the pitch I reckon.

Unless the renders of Tottenham's new stadium are as innacurate as ours, it will obviously be better than the OS is at the moment. It will be close to the pitch, the stands will be properly arranged for football (without gaps), there will be a 'kop' type stand behind the goal that can be converted to a standing area (if the legislation changes). There's loads of corporate b*llocks in it but all stadiums have that these days and the newer ones have more because they can.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Nearly all of Spurs new stadium will fit in the lower tier of the London stadium, a proper purpose built football stadium, something ours will never be.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by Ben »

could we not just build a new stadium inside that outer bowl then?
that will at least save demolition costs 8-)

maybe turn the outer bowl into a big round cinema with multi screens which can show the game live on a match day
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

SIM only Zsa Zsa wrote: Watch Spurs struggle for years after moving whilst they're paying off the stadium. Happened to Arsenal who are a much bigger club.

We have been able to move to a new, bigger ground and have not been left financially burdened.
Different era ... Spuds aren't using any football club money for the stadium, it's all coming from a SPV set up specially for the purpose ... they are raking in so much cash from naming rights, sponsorship, and the NFL deal the SPV looks like turning a profit in less than 10 years ... and that's on a 500m spend .... all direct football income, mainly TV money, will still go to the club and not the SPV ... the football club will have zero debt and a massively increased income ...

When Arsenal moved the 'heavy burden' of a 350m stadium was 21m a year in debt payments over 23 years ... that's less than an average players transfer fee these days ... they also gifted Emirates the naming rights and sponsorship (hindsight says that was a mistake) that let Utd, City, and Chelski catch and maybe soon overtake them both on and off the park ...

Spuds stadium will no doubt have all the 15k corporate b*llocks tickets ... but it will also have a 17,000 single tier home end (that's 6,000 more than the Kop) designed to be converted into safe-standing should that ever be allowed ... if you think it will be anything like the Emptycrrates or the London Bowl you're in for a shock ..

Might not be their old ****hole but it will definitely be a football stadium ... for the first time ever I envy the Spuds ... Levy might be a c*** but he's a feckin' good business man ... wish we had someone like him ....

In a perverse way I hope it works so that it encourages someone to buy us, knock the toilet bowl down, and build us a proper new stadium ...
leveller

Post by leveller »

IronworksDave wrote:for the first time ever I envy the Spuds ...
Yes I'd agree with that statement although if we were still at Upton Park I don't think I'd feel the same, I'd still rather have a traditional football ground with four stands but Tottenham are getting the next best thing which is what looks like a well built new ground. Listen to any comparison that G&S will give (I say G&S since Brady just doesn't understand things like this and comes out with silly things) about Spurs' new ground and I bet all they will say is we're going to have 6k more seats. Well frankly who gives a f*** about that when those 6k seats will be almost as close to Upton Park as the pitch at the OS.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Ben wrote:could we not just build a new stadium inside that outer bowl then?
that will at least save demolition costs 8-)

maybe turn the outer bowl into a big round cinema with multi screens which can show the game live on a match day
Ben, you are a genius !
That is absolutely do-able.
The only problem is where do we play while we do it?
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

We are about to get another kicking over the LS on BBC 1.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

wtf?
Last edited by DasNutNock on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.