Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Pop Robson »

simonirons wrote:This getting out won't be good.

https://m.dreamteamfc.com/c/west-ham-pl ... tmosphere/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pre recorded by the thousands that couldn't make it today :thup:
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

Lucky the Brady,Brady your a **** was deleted.
Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

https://m.dreamteamfc.com/c/west-ham-pl ... tmosphere/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Their evidence is 3 tweets. 1 from a "neutral" who claims to be at the game. The other 2 are Liverpool fans who probably saw another tweet and looking for any opportunity to troll other clubs.

Other than the first half of bubbles before the game, anywhere else that "crowd noise" was played? Someone who went said they didn't hear anything.
evomutant
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by evomutant »

Iron Mark wrote:[

Other than the first half of bubbles before the game, anywhere else that "crowd noise" was played? Someone who went said they didn't hear anything.
It doesn't have to be true. The point is that it is just believable enough for people and press to run with it. And mud sticks.
tomus

Post by tomus »

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to write this on, but anyway...

Long story short but my family and I met in there after the match as usual on Sunday games for food, beers and the pub quiz. Two West Ham fans thought it was alright to glass, throw chairs at and attack a group of lads enjoying the quiz next to us. They were Southampton fans but no colours, quiet and the fact that they didn't fight back shows that they were not that way inclined.
I'm not up for having glasses launched across my table on the best of days let alone after such a **** match.

Who knows what provoked them but either way its a F**king joke. Just giving Westfield more reason to treat us like ****. I don't know what you think, but I'm up for away fans being allowed a quite pint and food after the game in Westfield if they behave themselves.
simonirons
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by simonirons »

Fair enough re. a few tweets. - it's not uncommon, I do happen to know a London club do exactly the same when their loosing.
Last edited by simonirons on Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James P
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Post by James P »

What pub is that tomus?
dizzyhammer

Post by dizzyhammer »

Ok shoot me down in flames if you must this is just my take on my experience I haven't done a real post on here before. I have been an armchair supporter for many years but really got the bug when my oldest got a season ticket a few years ago & started taking my youngest to the odd game. He favoured the chicken run 2 close to the away but far enough to feel safe. I got hooked! The atmosphere , the buzz ,. That feeling as you come out of Upton Park, the smells, the noise, banter,the whole atmosphere fueled with expectation. My boy all ways got a badge & i was happy to stay to get his programme autograph .

I had the unfortunate 1st experience of the new stadium at the Watford game. My arrival although fueled with anticipation but felt so flat, it was raining, we arrived early walked around I felt nothing except I was going to an event not to see a football game. Yes the stadium is impressive albeit the seats are too far from the pitch large & the discoloured astro does it no favours, we were on top of the away fans, you know the storyso won't bore you, horrified at stewarding etc. Although we lost that was not the priority I came away feeling unsafe,gutted, horrified of my son's safety & disappointed ,what have our owners done moving us??Was never a big fan of the move but could understand the reasons or so I thought, easy transport I don't think so 7 weeks of no mainline train during to maintainace for crossrail, at Stratford we were told to move as it was a short train WTF there are 54, 000 coming & you run short trains!!
However, enough of my ramblings but what really shocked me today apart from the football quality was I heard on the radio (talk sport ) a grandad stating they have stopped the youngsters getting autographs from ghe players by erecting a huge load of fencing.HOW THE HELL CAN THIS BE HAPPENING ????WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN PICKED UP BEFORE!!!This is an integral part of encouraging the young fans , the new generation who apprently we are encouraging with cheap seats to connect, take that away and we may as well turn the lights off now.

If you bothered to read this I thank you it was just my rant!
tomus

Post by tomus »

The Cow, I haven't seen anything kick off around there so far this season but we were in the restaurant bit upstairs!
Prob
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by Prob »

https://m.dreamteamfc.com/c/west-ham-pl ... tmosphere/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The guy that twitted that later replied to other tweets saying it wasn't even at the game

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

evomutant wrote:
It doesn't have to be true. The point is that it is just believable enough for people and press to run with it. And mud sticks.
Yep

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2016/09/26 ... 6864-fans/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aaronhammer
Has liked: 175 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Did anybody else get a text about a travel survey last night? I saw I had a text from West Ham and hoped it would be an apology for the crap served up!

For those that didn't, it asked was I disabled, what mode of transport I used for yesterday's game, if tube/train which station, which line, did I shop/eat/stay at Westfield before or after the game, and how many games I'd be attending this season (5+/season ticket holder).
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Why would you want to eat or drink in one of those crap yuppy restaurants or pubs in and around Westfield before a football match? That's like putting on Ollie Murs to get you in the mood for having sex.

Nandos or Ken's Cafe?
poplargeezer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

New Stadium Syndrome - any research on this?

Post by poplargeezer »

Watching MOTD2 last night and the comparison was being made with Southampton having moved to a new ground and losing their early games.
Just wonder if anyone has done a study on this - the impact of moving to a new stadium on a team's performances?
Quite a few clubs have done it now - so must have some good comparable evidence.

Is it just us who have suffered from 'New Stadium Syndrome'?
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

How can people sit down next to the away fans behind the goal? This needs to change as soon as possible!

It is so embarrassing seeing the away fans giving it large and all of our lot behind the goal sat down playing on their phones and munching on popcorn. We need our most vociferous support either side of the away fans to hold any inch of credibility that our support has left in the country.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Re: New Stadium Syndrome - any research on this?

Post by Ozza »

not sure about Research, but Arsenal struggled in their first season (I think)
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

"New Stadium Not Fit For Football Syndrome". I'm not sure any research would be valid!
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Arsenal went unbeaten for over a season didn't they? I think we were in the Championship before we beat them there to end that run 8-)
johnnyb
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

Every home match so far a girl in front of us has read a book the whole way through the games. Why she comes to the matches is beyond me, clearly doesn't want to be there.
OFT
Has liked: 3206 likes
Total likes: 1839 likes

Post by OFT »

johnnyb wrote:Every home match so far a girl in front of us has read a book the whole way through the games. Why she comes to the matches is beyond me, clearly doesn't want to be there.

You sit behind Lady Brady?
:)