Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hoptony

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by hoptony »

Am I right in saying that after the game all the home fans get marshalled along to Stratford station?. Anyway of getting direct to Stratford International?
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Corney Beal wrote:Confused by the Founders Walls. Are they duplicted ? As have seen around 139 and also nearer the Trevor Brooking end.
Someone menioned emailing the club to request where your names can be found and they return a pdf with the name highlighted.
Which email address is best to use for that? Thanks.
I have also heard this, but have not been able to find any evidence that it exists! Yet.
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

hoptony wrote:Am I right in saying that after the game all the home fans get marshalled along to Stratford station?. Anyway of getting direct to Stratford International?
This didn't happen on Sunday. You could go left or right just before Westfield. Left to SI.
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

Lighthouse wrote:3) What is the best way to get back to central London after the match? I have tried both Stratford and Stratford international - the former takes ages to get to because of the ridiculous decision not to let us through Westfield and the latter only has one DLR train every 10 minutes and a small one at that!
Bromley-By-Bow District Line to Mile End/Bank for the Central Line?
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Stan Collymore sarcastically tweeted about the prices of food the other day (though I think these were prices outside the ground so outside of our control).

However, who governs the price of the concessions inside the ground and where do the profits go?
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

Bubbles & Squeaks 77 wrote:However, who governs the price of the concessions inside the ground and where do the profits go?
Brady tweeted the other day that the contract says we have to have competitive prices with other comparable London clubs. I believe we get 30% of end of year profits. The company doing it also do Wembley and Arsenal and have, apparently, never posted a profit!
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

bobd_uk wrote:Brady tweeted the other day that the contract says we have to have competitive prices with other comparable London clubs. I believe we get 30% of end of year profits. The company doing it also do Wembley and Arsenal and have, apparently, never posted a profit!
:thup:
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

What's it like getting to Stratford before/after the game, to get a DLR/Jubilee to West Ham?
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:What's it like getting to Stratford before/after the game, to get a DLR/Jubilee to West Ham?
RARS it's so much easier to go to Stratford International or Stratford high street and get the DLR from either of those.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:What's it like getting to Stratford before/after the game, to get a DLR/Jubilee to West Ham?
We get the jubilee in and out every game.

Arrive early to Stratford before a game and you can nip up through the shopping centre with ease and it's great.

Arrive an hour before kickoff or later and you are diverted around the outside of the station and it's a bit of a shuffle shuffle, taking 20 minutes or so.

After the game, you take the same route back as the diversion I speak of above, but despite 60k being about - it's still moving most of the time and we were on a train at 6.20pm.

Quite a lot of people empty out at West Ham on the jubilee - but barely anyone else was at the station trying to get on.

Blinding. I'll do that, though I'm in block 217, I'll have to look where that is.

I'll just be doing Jubilee/DLR then C2C
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

There is always the option of walking along the greenway straight to West Ham, seen several posts from people who've done it and seems pretty straightforward.
norfolk_hammer

Post by norfolk_hammer »

We're looking at parking in Redbridge station for Thursday, having parked at Epping for the Domzale game, car park is a lot smaller at Redbridge, anyone know if its likely to be full on Thursday night?
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Plenty of street parking in the evening
bengeo
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by bengeo »

bobd_uk wrote:I believe we get 30% of end of year profits.
The stadium gets the first £500,000 and then it's 70 / 30.

Kialos wrote:There is always the option of walking along the greenway straight to West Ham, seen several posts from people who've done it and seems pretty straightforward.
I know the Greenway well, I thought it might have all been bulldozed over. I just haven't been round the area for years so don't really know what roads are still there and not and the aerial maps are all a little out of date.
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Blinding. I'll do that, though I'm in block 217, I'll have to look where that is.

I'll just be doing Jubilee/DLR then C2C
Don't forget C2c run into Stratford twice an hour on Saturdays and Sunday's .
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 802 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:I know the Greenway well, I thought it might have all been bulldozed over.
I hope not, it's how North London disposes of all its **** - unfortunately that doesn't include Tottenham or Arsenal.
fadedhammer75

Post by fadedhammer75 »

Anyone else notice the negative comments about the stadium from fans of other clubs already?
Corney Beal

Post by Corney Beal »

norfolk_hammer wrote:We're looking at parking in Redbridge station for Thursday, having parked at Epping for the Domzale game, car park is a lot smaller at Redbridge, anyone know if its likely to be full on Thursday night?
How was the parking at Epping experience out of interest?