Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

HammerMan2004
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 1308 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Just relocated, was a breeze. Rang once. No hold.

Moved to be closer to our mates in 145, from our seats in 146. Even got a few rows closer to the pitch to boot. :scarfer:
Dwightster

Post by Dwightster »

Does anyone know what the first seat number is in block 231 (to the right, next to block 232)?

Just moved from block 132 to row 35 in block 231 to rest my legs and wondered how close I was in block 231 to block 232.

If anyone can help that would be great.
Payet and Mash

Post by Payet and Mash »

Dwightster wrote:Does anyone know what the first seat number is in block 231 (to the right, next to block 232)?

Just moved from block 132 to row 35 in block 231 to rest my legs and wondered how close I was in block 231 to block 232.

Dwightster, in block 231 the seats in row 35 go from 571 (next to block 232) to 600 (next to block 230).

At the moment, you can check exact seat locations on the ticket website for the Muller Anniversary Games athletics: https://www.britishathletics.org.uk/eve ... ames-2019/
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Dwightster wrote:Does anyone know what the first seat number is in block 231 (to the right, next to block 232)?

I'm a bit confused.
This http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=133582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
states a 94 % renewal. Where are these seats available for you to swap around?
Diogenes
Has liked: 472 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by Diogenes »

I assume because a lot of people who have renewed have asked to move, so a lot of swapping around (for a myriad of reasons). I have done so myself, so when I moved mine were up for grabs.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Went to the (deserted) club store yesterday with someone trying to change and told couldn't do so until 13/6.

Bit surprised to see others have been able to do so.
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Doc H Ball wrote:Went to the (deserted) club store yesterday with someone trying to change and told couldn't do so until 13/6.

Bit surprised to see others have been able to do so.
You get emailed the slot to call in and relocate. Priority depends on how early you renewed.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

HammerMan2004 wrote:
You get emailed the slot to call in and relocate. Priority depends on how early you renewed.
Ta, didn't know that. Thought the date was 3/6. Don't miss a trick do they?
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

Was told the 'method' they used to get to 94% (still doesn't add up for me)

All multiyear are counted as renewed, all half year are counted as renewed, any 'new' ST's are counted as renewed (seriously?) that accounts for well over half off all ST's

So about 50% of so called renewals are almost guaranteed ...

I'm reliably informed that about 8,000 ST's did not renew .... that's not terrible but it's not 6% either
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Having to replace 8000 ST holders each season is surely not going to be sustainable unless performances improve. A true waiting list must be close to being exhausted.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I imagine there’s a few people that really like the carpet and have re renewed.
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Georgee Paris wrote:I imagine there’s a few people that really like the carpet and have re renewed.
It's definitely up there in the list of reasons.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Westbourne Bill wrote:Having to replace 8000 ST holders each season is surely not going to be sustainable unless performances improve. A true waiting list must be close to being exhausted.
I joined the waiting list just over 2 weeks ago so I am very interested to see just how long the "waiting list" is. My bet is I get offered a ticket somewhere in the stadium for this season.
Dwightster

Post by Dwightster »

Dwightster, in block 231 the seats in row 35 go from 571 (next to block 232) to 600 (next to block 230).

At the moment, you can check exact seat locations on the ticket website for the Muller Anniversary Games athletics: https://www.britishathletics.org.uk/eve ... ames-2019/[/quote]

Thank you Payet and Mash. Answered my question and happy with the seat given. :thup:
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

Just had this email from the club..
Dear .......
Thank you for your patience as a valued supporter on the Season Ticket Waiting List.
From the week commencing 10 June, supporters on the Waiting List will have the opportunity to secure a Season Ticket, in order of the date they joined....
Only taken 4 years...
Northants_Iron
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Northants_Iron »

Has anyone on the waiting list received details of their 'window'?

Haven't heard anything myself and the ticket office is closed
Sliema1990
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Sliema1990 »

Each Season i receive info via txt e mail and flyers, to inform me as i am high on the waiting list, here is my opportunity to purchase a Season Ticket. At the bottom of the flyer it says If you don't take up the offer to purchase, then you will be removed from the waiting list.
This morning. i received flyers for myself and 1 each for my boys. I have never paid any money to be on the list. It reminds me of my Club membership number,I haven't had Club Membership for 3 years.
Only been to the Juventus game, never a Premiership fixture or a cup game, but it appears i am still on the waiting list.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

I gave up my ST 12 months ago but went on the waiting list in case I wanted to go back in say 2-3 years time.
Imagine my surprise then to get a letter this morning saying I’m invited to not only buy a ST for this coming season but I can purchase another for upto another 2 friends. I’m now no longer interested tbh. Once you get out of the habit of going it doesn’t seem as important as it once did. Besides, they’re assuming I have 2 friends.
asters89
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by asters89 »

Knighter10WHU wrote:
I joined the waiting list just over 2 weeks ago so I am very interested to see just how long the "waiting list" is. My bet is I get offered a ticket somewhere in the stadium for this season.
Decent chance of that I reckon. I put myself on the list around August last year and got 2 next to each other in January when they got a couple of thousand extra from the capacity increase.

No way they rang round 35,000 people before they got to me. The numbers they are quoting are almost certainly :thdn:
Johnzo
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Johnzo »

Yep I'm another who packed it in last season with my old man and a few mates. Tempted to join the waiting list but think I'll wait til they release claret memberships again and join that, sitting out a ST for one more year.

A mate gave up last year, joined the waiting list last week, so very interested to see if as someone with over 40,000 people ahead of him on the waiting list supposedly, whether he gets offered one for this season.