Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1300 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

sharphammer wrote:the only way things will ever change is if we stay away in mass numbers, they need to realise what a 24 carat **** up they've made, by mass numbers i mean attendances to drop to around 20,000 or so. unfortunately I don't think it will ever happen ........
Go down and unless we go up straight away we'll be down to 20,000 or so - in the 20s anyway.

People on another thread saying we're too apathetic. Apathy leading to people voting with their feet and wallets gives us our best chance of seeing GSB on their way than the protests of people in the ground and paying the parasites for the privilege.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

We have become apathetic and it seems to have spread to the players too!

Against brighton in particular, I felt that at Upton Park the players would have been told, on no uncertain terms to pull their bloody fingers out. They could have seen it in the eyes of the fans and heard it up close. Now? All they see is miles of AstroTurf and all they hear is a far-off murmur of discontent.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Doc H Ball wrote:West Ham's legal challenges cost us milions
http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=131795.
Red Kens Slave wrote:Good work sanchoz.
WHUFC and E20 have done it all themselves.
Red Kens Slave

Post by Red Kens Slave »

sanchoz wrote:
WHUFC and E20 have done it all themselves.
Mostly WHUFC to be fair.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

"We're looking at simplyfying those egress routes and providing less interface with the crowds coming out of Westfield.

Can someone translate into English what the bolded bit means?
sanchoz

Post by sanchoz »

Kialos wrote:"We're looking at simplyfying those egress routes and providing less interface with the crowds coming out of Westfield.

Can someone translate into English what the bolded bit means?
Separate out the crowds from those leaving events at the stadium with those leaving the Westfield estate.

More segregation.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

sanchoz wrote:Separate out the crowds from those leaving events at the stadium with those leaving the Westfield estate. More segregation.
I'm guessing that means that when we come out of the station it will be herded to the right , and instead of taking the right turn up past the cow they will herd us over the bridge and on to the island that way , and much the same on the return leg .

#don'tquiteoccupywestfield

This numpty needs to realise that what is needed is less segregation, not more , put the stadium at the heart of the community not the fringe , and embrace it not reject it .
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

The Newcastle came on the 23rd Dec will be fun, they'll not want the barriers up with the amount of Xmas shoppers, shirley they break H&S rules.

With Greater Anglia trains not running, most of Essex & East London will either arrive on the C2C or DLR from West Ham. Stratford station will probably end up being closed to enter just before and after the game.
sanchoz

Post by sanchoz »

Pop Robson wrote:The Newcastle came on the 23rd Dec will be fun, they'll not want the barriers up with the amount of Xmas shoppers, shirley they break H&S rules.

With Greater Anglia trains not running, most of Essex & East London will either arrive on the C2C or DLR from West Ham. Stratford station will probably end up being closed to enter just before and after the game.
Happy to be corrected but the maximum footfall Westfield can have on their estate at any one time is 50,000 people in total. If they go beyond this then the estate has to be evacuated as per their emergency evacuation procedures. This also includes people leaving the northern ticket hall at Stratford (ground floor M&S entrance to Westfield on your left)
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

sanchoz wrote: Happy to be corrected but the maximum footfall Westfield can have on their estate at any one time is 50,000 people in total. If they go beyond this then the estate has to be evacuated as per their emergency evacuation procedures. This also includes people leaving the northern ticket hall at Stratford (ground floor M&S entrance to Westfield on your left)

Their best course of action must surely to be allowing football supporters to move as quickly through and off their "estate" as fast as possible .

How can they exclude one section of society ? Based on how we look ? They have no idea who is a football fan and who isn't .

Plough through Westfield - get the stewards to ensure there is a quick thoroughfare through - not around - their estate .

We're football fans , not criminals .
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

the pink palermo wrote: Plough through Westfield - get the stewards to ensure there is a quick thoroughfare through - not around - their estate .

We're football fans , not criminals .
Easiest thing to do. I love approaching the doors wearing a shirt or scarf. They desperately try and usher me towards queues for the football fans but I'll just say I'm going shopping and are they preventing me from entering the premises without reason. You'll find they tend to get uncomfortable and move.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Pop Robson wrote:The Newcastle came on the 23rd Dec will be fun, they'll not want the barriers up with the amount of Xmas shoppers, shirley they break H&S rules.

And no Overground trains running into Hackney Wick on that day either.

Definitely a day for Pinky's Westfield occupation!
the pink palermo wrote:#Don'tquiteoccupywestfield

The club will do nothing to force Westfields hand because all Westfield would have to say to get the club to back off would be to insist the club pay for any damage if any trouble occurred .There's not a chance the club would agree to that ( nor should they) .

Personally I think supporters should gather en-masse at three or four points around the main shopping complex for an hour before kick off .

1. The entrance to Tap East
2. The entrance from the area where Jamie Olivers place is
3.The entrance by Marks and sparks - exit from the station and the upstairs bit by fat face
4.Get 100 supporters to enter the car parks at Glacial pace , back the traffic right up .....

2,000 supporters at each point stood, but moving, very closely together making it almost , but not quite impossible for "shoppers" to enter the shopping centre .

Three Saturdays of that and I reckon they'd have the barriers down .

#Routeonepositionofmaximumopportunity

**** you Westfields, **** you to hell , shove it up your ****ing arseholes you ***** , I'm an ordinary decent citizen not a ****ing criminal .
sanchoz

Post by sanchoz »

September SAG meeting minutes for the stadium in Stratford is now publishes on Newhams website:

https://www.newham.gov.uk/Pages/Service ... &l2=200063" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.newham.gov.uk/Documents/Bus ... ep2017.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 July 17 & 6 September 17
No update, still pending finalised egress - LBN to prepare.
Relates to a plan for people leaving the stadium and making their way to public transport hubs and how this will be managed.
Stitch Final design and Wind Mitigation
PDF below details the route and explains it better:
A large majority of visitors access Queen Elizabeth Olympic
Park through Westfield Stratford City shopping centre from the
underground, rail and bus stations in Stratford. The primary route for
access is via a direct pedestrian route referred to as the ‘Stitch’, located
between Chestnut Plaza and the Aquatics Centre. Secondary routes of
travel in the vicinity include a route between Stratford International
station and QEOP and a route connecting the entrance to QEOP with
QEOP venues in the North Park.
http://planningregister.londonlegacy.co ... -84704.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Platform 13 Trial Update
Is the leaving Stratford station via Jubilee exit
6 September 17
Trial to go ahead latter part of the football season. WHU requested to
be kept informed so they are fully aware of the impact.
Upcoming Home Matches
MPS to meet with LS185 and WHU to discuss match day resources
going forward for the new season. SPS still in discussion and should
be ready for sign off at the start of the season.
6 September 17
MPS met with fans, SAB members and other forums and outcome will
be published on the West Ham Site with a copy being sent to LBN.
It was noted that the SPS was signed and agreed.
Interesting to know what "SAB" members and when considering it has not met this season. Also nothing on WHUFC.com
AOB - WF Build Plan on M7 site – Jamie’s Passage
CT (LBN) informed members of the WF building on M7 site which will
affect pedestrian flow. Work is due to start in October 2017. LS185
requested a copy of the build plan from WF showing pedestrian flow for
review as a covered walkway will be required.
New Westfield Development

http://planningregister.londonlegacy.co ... 110781.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.simpsonhaugh.com/projects/westfield-m7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4. Egress and Ingress Route
Members discussed the impact of planned building projects around the park on football egress.
LS185 to be responsible for egress into Northern Ticket Hall, with a change in egress plan. Closures to
remain at 3 hours before the KO. Football route will be Montfichet into NTH with WF customers to exit the
centre and go up and over the town link bridge and down the 21 steps during stadium egress period.
LS185 requested a period of consultation to be able to workshop with stakeholders and partners
prior to implementation. Agreed for Graham Gilmore to action and arrange after the first match on
11th September 17.
MPS requested a table top should be arranged before execution as there are significant changes to the
plan. Membership comms need to examined.
Safety Officer
LS185 presented members with the new structure within the organisation. Giving an overview of the
response team activities/positioning which will be more robust. Peter Smith was thanked for his
contribution during his time with LS185.
Members discussed the following in depth:
 Proposal to continue with bridge searching, with each bridge having it’s own dedicated manager
 VMS to be in place
 Each bridge to have a DDA and ejections lane
 Ability to deploy staff to the boulevard to move arrivals around to other less busy bridges
 Messaging to spectators to encourage not to bring bags, fast track lane option and encourage
certain turnstiles to use specific bridge
 Licensing - members supportive of changes and ensure monitoring in place
 Away fans entrance route remains via bridge 4
 Island ‘secure zone’ with all pedestrian traffic being searched on entry, same structure as WAC.
 Clear communication relating to the closing down of the Island prior to matches
Walking routes and egress issues raised by LLDC relating to planning
 Hot debrief after each game to share learnings
WHU reminded partners that fans need to be aware of the change of regime in advance. JN requested
that clear comms be shared.
MPS discussed meetings had to review the Brighton and Hove Albion match in 20 October
Westfield raised their concerns over the forthcoming game scheduled on 23 December as this is a very busy day for WSC, and requested to be involved in the partners planning meetings.
Westfield notified the group that the planning application for the permanent gates at Chestnut Plaza had been submitted.
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

sanchoz wrote: Stitch Final design and Wind Mitigation

PDF below details the route and explains it better:

http://planningregister.londonlegacy.co ... -84704.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like fun in the future
sanchoz

Post by sanchoz »

"The Club also boast nearly 10,000 under-16 Founders who pay just £99 for their season ticket and also ensure that disadvantaged local residents living in Newham have access to free tickets for certain matches, so everybody has the opportunity to watch Premier League football."
https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... ort-london" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Assume then Newham Council won't mind being asked about those ticket allocations:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... fc_match_3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Most of the kids tickets are going up next season

Band 1 form £99 to £300, inflation busting
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

the Newcastle game will test them shoppers and youths welcome with west ham fans being treated as dirt.

I will be frequenting the restaurant area after the match with my daughter both with west ham shirts on. will they refuse to take my money ?

we all agree that the bowl is crap but that is what we have. next season will be end on the 2 year season ticket lock in so I reckon attendances will drop below 40k for most games unless we are doing well or done well this season.

protests at the Watford and Leicester games live on sky would send a message a few sack the board and KB a slag will start the ball rolling. continue support of moyes and the team but slag the board off. next season will see a dip in attendances and will hit their pockets.

This season they have sold the season tickets so they don't care.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Everton Just secured the land for the new stadium. Saw some shots of spurs Single tier south stand on twitter yesterday ,just like Dortmund’s yellow wall. Makes me sick to the pit of my stomach ,can’t believe we fell for all the lies.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

bubbles500 wrote:Everton Just secured the land for the new stadium. Saw some shots of spurs Single tier south stand on twitter yesterday ,just like Dortmund’s yellow wall. Makes me sick to the pit of my stomach ,can’t believe we fell for all the lies.
A frighteningly good looking stadium, that new Spurs ground.

Ah well. We have our bowl.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

bubbles500 wrote:Everton Just secured the land for the new stadium. Saw some shots of spurs Single tier south stand on twitter yesterday ,just like Dortmund’s yellow wall. Makes me sick to the pit of my stomach ,can’t believe we fell for all the lies.
I don't think many did, we just didn't put up any fight.