Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

Mr_Skid wrote:What i find strange is the ISA have conducted proper surveys and the club dont want to know, but then someone like Ex is taking suggestions via his gmail address.

Its so unprofessional as a club!
That is exactly what is wrong with the club. Ex is clearly trying to be of importance hence the "through me" attitude. I hate to say it but you cannot see Spurs doing this!

We are one PR disaster after another.

The other week Everton were slammed for having a formal poll to club members about the future status of the current manager. Our lot are actively encouraging it through twitter and through wrong un's like Ex etc.

All a ploy to say " we are listening", well if you are listening SELL THE CLUB!
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Season Tickets and Waiting list on sale now

Nothing all season and now !!
stevieboy
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by stevieboy »

DDHammer wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... adium.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In place tonight, more for Everton and the start of next season.
That's me 100% satisfied with everything now there is a picture of Christian Dailly up :scarfer:
spod
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by spod »

Not sure if anyone else has posted this:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44067687" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Short film about what people think of the stadium.
There's one bloke in particular will get lots of people's danders up.
See if you can guess who I mean.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Man U fans singing “it’s the worst effing ground we’ve ever seen”.

Can’t argue with that.
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 254 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

No back to back win all season. Is the stadium a key contributor? F&&k yes!
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Westbourne Bill wrote:Man U fans singing “it’s the worst effing ground we’ve ever seen”.

Can’t argue with that.

Good!

Hopefully heard clearly in the directors box.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Pit of misery

Dilly dilly
stevieboy
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by stevieboy »

Not exactly EXwhueployee. He's busy doing all the boards dirty work and running the PR department..
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

“What I meant by change, for example, is that the London Stadium is our home now but it’s still not really in our own hands. If this was our stadium we wouldn’t have the pitch surround painted green. It makes the pitch so big so it would be another colour.

“So I think there is a lot of stuff in the summer, from top to bottom, which needs to change and I mean that because I don’t want to go through another season like this.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 36501.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Players clearly not happy with the stadium, still.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

Anyone know what was the trouble on the walkway from the lower Bobby all about? Lady steward in the middle of it trying to calm things down but one bloke in particular looked to be itching to do some damage. Went off again later during the match, same bloke.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

The Roma game the other week in their Olympic Stadium explains a lot about the the problems and optical illusions though more obviously on tv.

Their stadium despite having bigger gaps at the sides (don't even mention the ends) never looked as bad as the OS on TV and as such the atmosphere subjectively appeared much better to the viewer. Why because the flattened sides don't emphasise the gap and the advertising can be far closer to the pitch than ours so disguising the gap. Roma are moving out of course but its a little concerning that ours looks (not is) far worse looking as a football stadium. However I would love anyone who has been to both to give their views as a fan experience at both by comparison rather than just a tv view.

Over time those sides will have to be straitened out though we have discussed the problems of actually doing that, and certainly doing it in a way that actually benefits fans at the game and thus the atmosphere, rather than just the look of it all on tv, as desirable as that latter might be in itself.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

I went to the rome Olympic stadium 20 years ago the day Lazio won the league. Yes they actually still have the complete running track around the pitch, and the seats behind the goals are a really long way off. One interesting feature is that the front half dozen rows of seats don't exist, meaning that the first row is about 8 ft up from the pitch. This gives a steeper rake to the lower seats. There's no getting away from the fact that the running track is still intact though. Another feature is that the police water the vast area behind the goal so that flares thrown from the crowd can easily be extinguished!
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

spod wrote:Not sure if anyone else has posted this:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44067687" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Short film about what people think of the stadium.
There's one bloke in particular will get lots of people's danders up.
See if you can guess who I mean.
good video, still baffles me that some people like this place, I honestly don't get it at all
JCA
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by JCA »

Has the thought crossed anyone else's mind why the guy buying Wembley for 600m, didn't ring up City Hall and offer a quid to take the OS of their hands.......or even why Sadiq K wasn't on the phone to him offering likewise?
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

JCA wrote:Has the thought crossed anyone else's mind why the guy buying Wembley for 600m, didn't ring up City Hall and offer a quid to take the OS of their hands.......or even why Sadiq K wasn't on the phone to him offering likewise?
because he didn't want to be stuck with us & the athletics lot as tenants?
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

e-20 wrote:The Roma game the other week in their Olympic Stadium explains a lot about the the problems and optical illusions though more obviously on tv.

Their stadium despite having bigger gaps at the sides (don't even mention the ends) never looked as bad as the OS on TV and as such the atmosphere subjectively appeared much better to the viewer. Why because the flattened sides don't emphasise the gap and the advertising can be far closer to the pitch than ours so disguising the gap. Roma are moving out of course but its a little concerning that ours looks (not is) far worse looking as a football stadium. However I would love anyone who has been to both to give their views as a fan experience at both by comparison rather than just a tv view.

Over time those sides will have to be straitened out though we have discussed the problems of actually doing that, and certainly doing it in a way that actually benefits fans at the game and thus the atmosphere, rather than just the look of it all on tv, as desirable as that latter might be in itself.
Pretty similar in view. They have an exposed track but if anything, the contrasting colour to the pitch is better than the dirty green surround we have. Roma had a penalty the first time I went to a game there and sitting in the lower tier, I couldn’t see the goal line because of the advertising boards. I only knew they scored the penalty because of the reaction of the players and crowd.

The atmosphere is much better because the fans are more controversial and wild than here. They set off flares and that sort of thing that is so loud that you think you’re going to be hit by one. They climb over the plexiglass barriers back and forth creating a mad sort of environment that feels lawless. They have choreographed sections, displays and vitriolic songs that stir up an atmosphere 50x better than what we have.

Even with the entire sides of the stadium empty and only each end used for Lazio-Roma, it’s a far better atmosphere than anything I ever witnessed at the abomination Bowl we are in.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

JCA wrote:Has the thought crossed anyone else's mind why the guy buying Wembley for 600m, didn't ring up City Hall and offer a quid to take the OS of their hands.......or even why Sadiq K wasn't on the phone to him offering likewise?
i reckon its because he wants buy a football stadium and not a soul sucking athletics bowl
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

sold our soul for this **** hole
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

Photo of Judas Ince in the East Stand. Nice improvements, the board really understand us.