Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

EssexIron
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 54 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by EssexIron »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... adium.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

UK Athletics has agreed a deal to block book the London Stadium for two weekends every July for the next six years.

Under the terms of the agreement with the London Legacy Development Corporation, which has been announced but not yet signed, UKA has reserved the second and third weeks of July through to 2024.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Be interesting to see how much they use London after the £70m revamp of Birmingham has been completed and Birmingham 2022 has been and gone.

Not content with wasting taxpayers money on the London Stadium, they are revamping one in Birmingham so they can spunk £750m on hosting the Commonwealth Games.

Mace are building the stadium too, so if Spurs new gaff is anything to go by it could be quite an expensive revamp.

Surely it is only a matter of time until they let West Ham take full ownership of the London Stadium. I always said it would be within ten years of us moving, still think that is about right.
Last edited by sutts07 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

did anyone take up a half season ticket? are they all up in the nosebleed/oxygen mask/low earth orbit seats?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

West Ham have agreed to pay almost £450,000 extra per season to use London Stadium if the capacity is raised to 66,000.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46545833" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:West Ham have agreed to pay almost £450,000 extra per season to use London Stadium if the capacity is raised to 66,000.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46545833" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Se we've agreed to pay £33 in rent for every additional seat .... seems like a fair deal, will give E20 a chunk more money for almost no extra cost to them ... we might finally start to work together in a positive way

Only downside I can see is that we have also agreed to pay for any licensing, planning and physical improvement costs in increasing the capacity ... so the question is will GSB part with any cash?
e17
Has liked: 293 likes
Total likes: 976 likes

Post by e17 »

Beavis Danzig wrote:did anyone take up a half season ticket? are they all up in the nosebleed/oxygen mask/low earth orbit seats?
No, because I’ve got a full normal one.

BUT I still got a phone call on Monday from a nice chap on ‭0333 030 1966‬, telling me that I was towards the front of the waiting list and he was calling to see if I would like an appointment to view seats.

Bit awkward.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

IronworksDave wrote:Only downside I can see is that we have also agreed to pay for any licensing, planning and physical improvement costs in increasing the capacity ... so the question is will GSB part with any cash?
Probably lend it to us & charge us interest..
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

dave

I am not sure what extra planning, licensing etc. there is needed to be done ...

samba

yes @ 7% p.a.
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:dave

I am not sure what extra planning, licensing etc. there is needed to be done ....
I'm guessing any improvements, carpets, stands, toilets, catering in fact anything at all that will make the place better will now be charged to West Ham football club .... we will pay for it but I'm guessing the landlord will then own it ....
simonirons
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by simonirons »

Beavis Danzig wrote:did anyone take up a half season ticket? are they all up in the nosebleed/oxygen mask/low earth orbit seats?

I was considering it but took a look at the clubs Facebook page and most of the feedback is that the £150 seats have all gone. - All thats left are £450.00 seats and they are all still in nosebleed territory.

Would of been tempted if they were better located seats.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:I am not sure what extra planning, licensing etc. there is needed to be done.
This is going to be the expensive bit. The existing planning permission only allows for 60,000 spectators for a 'pitch' event. To go above 60,000 and utilise most of the seats that are available in football mode requires additional toilets and catering facilities to be installed. This is not going to be that simple as there's no room with the existing configuration. There's been comments such as making the toilets 2-storey with access to the upper level from the landings on the stairs to the upper deck.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 176 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Wembley it appears that they can actually go up to 62.5k without any major works being needed but you’re right if they want 66k then something has to change to accommodate (I guess to keep it as a UEFA Category 4 stadium anyway).
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Letter itself for anyone who wants to read it:

https://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default ... letter.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SullySpecial
Has liked: 263 likes
Total likes: 648 likes

Post by SullySpecial »

The whole increased capacity thing is ridiculous. It’s not needed, and will only serve to show another 9,000 empty seats. It’s no coincidence that the new capacity will mean the capacity exceeds that of the Emirates, and the Totscum Slags new ground (if it ever gets finished). Purely a vanity exercise for GSB, and an effort at one upmanship, whilst conveniently ignoring the fact that we rent, while they physically own the bricks and mortar.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 176 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

SullySpecial wrote:The whole increased capacity thing is ridiculous. It’s not needed, and will only serve to show another 9,000 empty seats. It’s no coincidence that the new capacity will mean the capacity exceeds that of the Emirates, and the Totscum Slags new ground (if it ever gets finished). Purely a vanity exercise for GSB, and an effort at one upmanship, whilst conveniently ignoring the fact that we rent, while they physically own the bricks and mortar.
Looks like your glass is half empty, fancy a top up?

I’d look at it that we could see up to 9,000 more West Ham fans which is surely a good thing? Especially if more kids start to attend the more likely in 10-20 years time they’ll still support West Ham and not glory hunt to other teams. Also as said many times previously, 3k of these seats are empty ones around the stadium already, so filling them will improve the current situation of empty seats being visible.
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 89 likes

Post by War Pony »

Its not needed.

I have 6 empty seats next to me every game. They turned up for the first game and thats been it!
e17
Has liked: 293 likes
Total likes: 976 likes

Post by e17 »

War Pony wrote:Its not needed.

I have 6 empty seats next to me every game. They turned up for the first game and thats been it!
You pay your money, you make your choice.

There is clearly another however many people on that list who may or may not do the same.

They'll sell the 9,000 tickets.
SoCal Hammer
Total likes: 1 like

Post by SoCal Hammer »

The men’s toilet situation is already a nightmare without an additional 9000 people in the stadium.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

War Pony wrote:Its not needed.

Whilst I agree we clearly don't need it, I don't think increasing the capacity [by utilising seats which are currently not able to be used] is a bad thing as such.

we may as well make use of the space available. it won't make things any worse for the existing season ticket holders
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

SoCal Hammer wrote:The men’s toilet situation is already a nightmare without an additional 9000 people in the stadium.
Right there is the problem ... they claim "The increase in capacity will also make the London Stadium a more attractive proposition for a potential naming rights partner and will generate additional footfall and spend to the QEOP and additional match day revenue generated by items such as catering"

Pretty sure naming rights are not based on an extra 6,000 seats ... it's all about TV and Branding ... a better team gets higher sponsorship ....

Extra match day revenue from catering? as with the toilets it's a nightmare to get food already just making the queues longer will drive customers away ...

66,000 is a good idea but everyone forgets the facilities were built to cater for 80,000 athletic fans over an 8 hour day, not 60,000 football fans in 20 minutes ... West Ham need to find the money to put this right as for anything over 60k that's now down to us ....