Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bubbles500

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by bubbles500 »

There’s no question for me FA should stamp down on fake attendances. Clubs can prosper in numerous ways by making it look like they sell out every week.
njmacleod

Post by njmacleod »

This has been going on for years...

The attendance quoted is the number of tickets sold and not strictly the number of people attending an event. In the past some clubs would allegedly understate their attendance in an attempt to 'adjust' their reported income for tax purposes
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

bubbles500 wrote:There’s no question for me FA should stamp down on fake attendances. Clubs can prosper in numerous ways by making it look like they sell out every week.

The premier league will like the big numbers not the real ones as much as the club when doing a presentation to potential advertisers, they will have as much interest in the lower figures as the clubs do
B'WoodBob

Post by B'WoodBob »

njmacleod wrote:This has been going on for years...

The attendance quoted is the number of tickets sold and not strictly the number of people attending an event. In the past some clubs would allegedly understate their attendance in an attempt to 'adjust' their reported income for tax purposes
It used to be quite the reverse, you'd be stood on the rammed terraces and your feet could barely touch the floor and the next day you'd see the attendance declared at 29,000!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Pop Robson wrote:From Claret and Hugh

West Ham v Southampton Official published attendance:56,864 Real attendance reported as: 47,000 (9,864 did not turn up)

West Ham v Middlesbrough Official published attendance:56,945 Real attendance reported as : 47,000 (9,945 did not turn up)
And lifted from KUMB:

http://kumb.com/story.php?id=130378
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

bubbles500 wrote:There’s no question for me FA should stamp down on fake attendances. Clubs can prosper in numerous ways by making it look like they sell out every week.
The point is we have 'sold out'. The vast majority of empty spaces are people who have not turned up, not unpurchased seats

In London, there are plenty of people perfectly happy to pay £500 quid or more for a season ticket and not turn up. A bloke I go with pays the same as me for Tier 1, £900 something, and has only been to three games so far! He will probably only get to 7 or 8 in total, but isn't concerned about the cost
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Honest question, how do they prosper by people not attending? My understanding is that it is due primarily to people not turning up after having paid for a ticket. I have several near me who having bought season tickets have only been to half the games (1966 seats), whilst some have never been sat in at all!. I'm sure that most clubs would prefer them to turn up to buy more programs, burgers and beer.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Diogenes wrote:Honest question, how do they prosper by people not attending?
By taking a cut from ticket trader sales, presumably. ie selling the same ticket twice.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

I appreciate the tickets have actually been sold. But they are still prospering by give a fake “attendance” in regard to sponsors and advertising and all sorts of other commercial spin offs. Let alone just general kudos when silly attendance tables are printed. I think clubs should have to declare 2 figures tickets sold and attendance.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

They certainly do prosper I could make West Brom game so put my ticket up on trader got princely sum of £9 , reckon the club sold it for £30
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2894 likes
Total likes: 619 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

ATTENDANCE, definition, the number of people present at a particular place or event.
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Up the Junction wrote:Diogenes - Honest question, how do they prosper by people not attending?

By taking a cut from ticket trader sales, presumably. ie selling the same ticket twice.
I can see how that may work if all the potential empty seats were taken/ resold, but it seems most are not (presumably because people just dont turn up). Or am I missing something? And also how would that address the question of attendances ie sold to actually attending? Im probably being thick but can't see it (I am getting on a bit - nurse, nurse).
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

The whole point of knocking out the £99 throw away tickets was to absorb a large element of seats so they could charge more for the seats that were available .Scarcity drives the price of the remaining stock .

The club benefits by higher average pricing because it can charge more to those who do actually go .

They probably think it's a clever ruse but the reality is they have found yet another way to cheese off their "customers" .

I'm praying as many corporate customers bail out at the end of year 3 as possible .

I can put up with the **** football , I can put up with the so called tourists , I can put up with getting done 5 by Man City , but I'm right ****ed off with getting turned over by these three thieving c**** .

It's not the amount they are charging that irks, it's the convoluted , conniving , duplicitous way they have gone about it .

Just be honest.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Everton Just announced new stadium will be 2/3 public money :lol: LFC will love that lol.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Have they said what the public will get for their money?
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Said what they won’t get haha

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright speaking about the new stadium on Bramley Moore:

“I was at the Olympic Stadium (West Ham’s ground) last season it was the worst experience and something we need to look at and not follow”
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Fantastic shade from Kenwright and unlike our trifecta of filth he is well respected.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

bubbles500 wrote:Said what they won’t get haha

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright speaking about the new stadium on Bramley Moore:

“I was at the Olympic Stadium (West Ham’s ground) last season it was the worst experience and something we need to look at and not follow”
you got a link to that?
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There’s loads of pretty hysterical Everton stuff all over twitter think it was their AGM tonight. Particularly like moshiri claiming Everton have own fab 4 Rooney sigurdson bolasie tosun :D