Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Big George
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 279 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Big George »

Ozza wrote:Being an away fan sitting in the home end if you couldn't get a ticket isn't a new thing, I've done it plenty of times as I'm sure many on here have.

Saying that wearing your teams colours whilst in the other clubs home end is taking the piss
I've taken loads of mates in who have supported away teams, they know how to behave and we're surrounded by pals anyway.

I was at UP once when a dad and his lad (about 10./11) were behaving like they were on the Kop when we played Liverpool. I don't think either had been to game before so I just suggested that they might want to turn it down a bit in perfectly civil way. They were fine and we chatted during the game.
griff123

Post by griff123 »

Real Sociedad removing their running track...

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2016/12/san_s ... eta_revamp
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

i hardly ever go via Stratford station anymore, but I have a route if i do which avoids the main security queues. Through westfield, come out near Tap East, take Roundhouse lane then along Waterden Road and approach the stadium directly from the North (i think the path is called London way) rather than North East - i went this way on Saturday and minimal security queues - maybe one other in front of me when i arrived

Doesn't take long, maybe 20 minutes from entering Westfield
debaser_74
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by debaser_74 »

Away fans behaving respectfully in the home end shouldn't be an issue, wearing colours or celebrating a goal is pushing your luck to say the least. There were hundreds of us in the home end at Old Trafford in the fa cup last year, most home fans tolerated it and some were happy to have a chat, others were throwing punches.. I would like to think most of us know which fans behaviour is acceptable in this day and age.

As for the queues, I missed the train I intended to catch and boarded the 10.50 from Northampton - in my seat with a hot-dog at 12.29.... with a 5 year old in tow I thought that was good going :)
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

griff123 wrote:Real Sociedad removing their running track...

What an great idea, another club updating to a non running track stadium.

Our owners alas cheap buck merhcants since they were kids
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 526 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Looks great. Wouldn't be surprised if we tried to knock an end down the whole roof would collapse due to how it's held up.
The Sherriff
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

Anything is possible in construction.

Just costs money.

Something that the board wont part with.

Of all the issues, problems, corners cut and general shitness of being the worse football stadium in the UK by a considerable distance, it’s the running track and unacceptable distance between the pitch and the stand that is the wankiest part.
Ladzini

Post by Ladzini »

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but did anyone else have trouble with their access card on Saturday?

Me and my brother both have season tickets; mine wouldn't buzz through the gates so i had to queue up at the ticket office and everyone else queuing up had the same problem.

Trek back to gate H, and that didnt work either! So went back again and had to be given a paper ticket to get in.

Absolute shambles.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

"...workers are to enter the field and relay it significantly lower than the current one"

- Not possible @ the LS due to the high water table and levels of toxicity under the stadium.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Ladzini wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong thread but did anyone else have trouble with their access card on Saturday?

Me and my brother both have season tickets; mine wouldn't buzz through the gates so i had to queue up at the ticket office and everyone else queuing up had the same problem.

Trek back to gate H, and that didnt work either! So went back again and had to be given a paper ticket to get in.

Absolute shambles.
Yes. But realised it's because this season you're only allowed to enter via the specific Turnstile as stated on your Season Ticket Card.
We then went over to that Turnstile and it worked fine.
Ladzini

Post by Ladzini »

WestHamIFC wrote:
Yes. But realised it's because this season you're only allowed to enter via the specific Turnstile as stated on your Season Ticket Card.
We then went over to that Turnstile and it worked fine.
I did enter through the specific turnstile on my ticket; which is H, my brother and I sit next to each other, he went through just fine and mine didn't work.

So wondering if anyone else on here had this problem as it seemed to be rife at the ticket office on Saturday.
Bantastic

Post by Bantastic »

Ladzini wrote:
I did enter through the specific turnstile on my ticket; which is H, my brother and I sit next to each other, he went through just fine and mine didn't work.

So wondering if anyone else on here had this problem as it seemed to be rife at the ticket office on Saturday.
I didn't have this issue but saw a couple of people who did, one of whom claimed he'd already been to the Ticket Office to get it sorted, and had been sent back to the gate.
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Every time I’ve used my ‘designated’ bridge I’ve had no problems. Turned up to Spurs at 12.00 and was straight through without queuing. Much better this year on my side of the ground :thup:
Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

Ladzini wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong thread but did anyone else have trouble with their access card on Saturday?

Absolute shambles.
Mate of mine had upgraded 2 kids tickets to adult which still flashed as kids when going through the turnstiles. (Gate F) Got picked up by the stewards and told to go to the ticket office to sort it out and they wouldn't take email confirmation that the upgrade had occurred. I spoke to the steward who confirmed that the ticketing system was screwed and they had been told to direct all queries to the ticket office...
JAL76

Post by JAL76 »

Away fans who decide to sit within Home areas do so knowing the risks they are taking it's as simple as that. The rules are clear - always have been and it's the pc brigade who are trying to distort and change the realities of what going to watch an emotionally charged match is all about. As for taking a young chid into such areas is absolute madness ! - IMO.
Mr_Mercury

Post by Mr_Mercury »

This may be the wrong place to ask this question, so apologies if it is.

Does anyone know roughly how long the waiting list is for a season ticket is at the moment? I guess it is just based on how many people don't renew.

Thanks.
Ladzini

Post by Ladzini »

Mr_Mercury wrote:This may be the wrong place to ask this question, so apologies if it is.

Does anyone know roughly how long the waiting list is for a season ticket is at the moment? I guess it is just based on how many people don't renew.

Thanks.
I don't think it's long at all.

This is purely anecdotal but me and my brother sit next to one another and our dad had the next seat along before he retired last year. He didn't renew as he retired and also doesn't like the new gaff etc. The seat has been empty every time I've been to the ground this year so can only assume it's remained unsold; and there are quite a few I see that are regularly empty.

The club will tell you it's ages so that you sign up and pay the £50 or whatever it is to be on the waiting list, but their 60,000 waiting list is a complete and utter fabrication.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

costa75 wrote:
We enter through turnstile A and cross the bridge closest to that. No problems at all, and the walk round is very pleasant, unlike Green Street which was like walking through a third world inner city ghetto.
That's because it essentially is a "third world inner city ghetto", still I wish we could go back there.
Carlton'sGoal

Post by Carlton'sGoal »

Ladzini wrote:The seat has been empty every time I've been to the ground this year so can only assume it's remained unsold; and there are quite a few I see that are regularly empty.
I think that's because everyone with a bond seat has it next to theirs, so can't be sold as a season ticket. If no-one purchases that ticket then the seats stay empty, but they won't ever be available as season tickets (unless people give them up). I don't seem to see as much of these near the corners, which block are you in?
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Only 12 empty seats on Saturday according to official figures.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/app/ ... 1-copy.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;