Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Doc H Ball »

The biggest improvement for me has been the opening of outside at half time. I can be out of my seat with a Bovril and fag meeting people in a few minutes.

The music stall has helped although I’m getting a bit tired of the 20 song playlist. Wish he’d throw a curveball and play Can for 15 minuets to see what happened.
@TFSH_WHUFC
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by @TFSH_WHUFC »

Anyone notice the reduction in the flags around pitch on Saturday, slowly starting to phase out now that they have sanitized the fan base?
JCA
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by JCA »

Our little group has taken to meeting as usual in The Builders, swiftie, then up to the ground outside Gate G for the bar & music there....only if it's not hissing down of course.
Quite a good atmosphere being created and usually see lots of old mates and people we used to sit with in the BMU about.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

@TFSH_WHUFC wrote:Anyone notice the reduction in the flags around pitch on Saturday, slowly starting to phase out now that they have sanitized the fan base?
I'd rather they ****ed that off all together to be honest. It's just cringey.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

According to EX on his latest radio show, the claret carpet is going to be around the pitch in time for the Everton game. :P
Red Kens Slave

Post by Red Kens Slave »

funky chicken wrote:According to EX on his latest radio show, the claret carpet is going to be around the pitch in time for the Everton game. :P
Doubt it’s that soon.

I was hoping we would reach the two year anniversary of when the club first agreed it, designed it and offered to pay for it with E20. We’re on our third manager since then, which gives you some idea of the time wasted on this.

Installing it before the end of the season seems completely pointless anyway.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Doc H Ball wrote:The biggest improvement for me has been the opening of outside at half time. I can be out of my seat with a Bovril and fag meeting people in a few minutes.

The music stall has helped although I’m getting a bit tired of the 20 song playlist. Wish he’d throw a curveball and play Can for 15 minuets to see what happened.
Where do you sit? The area near 137 has been open at half time ever since the stadium opened although they have recently started shepherding people back in earlier
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
Where do you sit? The area near 137 has been open at half time ever since the stadium opened although they have recently started shepherding people back in earlier
I’m in 146.

The walk to 137 and back fighting the crowd took too long, but now the area behind my block is also open.
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 874 likes

Post by mushy »

Kialos wrote:There was a woman shrieking into a megaphone after the game saying that the central line was suffering severe delays. She looked like one of West Ham's "helpers"

l:
Yes we heard this as well and diverted to the pub, despite the TFL app telling us there were no Central line issues.
Kentammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Kentammer »

Doc H Ball wrote:The biggest improvement for me has been the opening of outside at half time. I can be out of my seat with a Bovril and fag meeting people in a few minutes.
Credit where credit's due (and they won't get much from me): this is a really good addition.

I gave up my season ticket last summer, but I've been tempted back a couple of times since, predominantly for cup games. Last time I went was the Newcastle / Bonzo game last month (block 152, as usual), and I had an incredibly satisfying half time outside with a fag, a (quick) pint and Ribman - not concurrently - and was back in my seat for KO. Compare that to the last few years in the Boleyn BML, where you'd queue and finally get a pint just as the second half was kicking off. I'd still rather be there, mind. But fair play - I enjoyed that.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

so by the start of next season we may have a new carpet and the straightening off of the bml and tbl.

small things that may help a little.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2894 likes
Total likes: 617 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

funky chicken wrote:According to EX on his latest radio show, the claret carpet is going to be around the pitch in time for the Everton game. :P
Just another reason for Levy to be jealous. :thdn:
Big George
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 279 likes

Post by Big George »

hammerman11 wrote: the straightening off of the bml and tbl.

No chance. Pipe dream.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Big George wrote: No chance. Pipe dream.
Just sounds good, if it happens its because it will make the moving of the seating more efficent, aka "cheaper"
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 332 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

hammerman11 wrote:so by the start of next season we may have a new carpet and the straightening off of the bml and tbl.

small things that may help a little.
Won't help those whose seats near the corners will actually move back rather than forward though.
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 874 likes

Post by mushy »

Do people generally think the carpet is a good thing?
I ask because I have seen it mentioned on here, sometimes as a great thing.
I just dont understand, what difference will it actually make to anything at all?

I am suffering from the fear of missing something so be gentle.
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

mushy wrote:Do people generally think the carpet is a good thing?
I just dont understand, what difference will it actually make to anything at all?

I'm with you mushy. I doesn't make any difference to me and if anything I think it gives us a slight advantage.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

I think it looks good from the concept pictures that have done the rounds on Twitter. I doubt it will benefit the team in any way or the atmosphere but aesthetically it is an improvement on the green carpet.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 522 likes
Total likes: 1317 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Bilic wanted the darker carpet for ages, he said the extended green colour messes with the depth perception of the players...or something.

Personally, I just want it to look a bit more West Ham-y. I'd have all the seats claret and blue too.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

The claret will fade to a dark pink in a year or two, just expose the poxy running track if there’s a contrast to green needed, the carpet will need replacing each time it fades as it will

Obviously exposing the running track means Golds statement of we will never have our fans viewing over a running track or something cobblers like that, to the sword so the pathetic carpet option will happen , there’s still a ****ing running track