Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DDHammer

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by DDHammer »

bubbles500 wrote:Announced ST prices on twitter they will be making fortunes
The fans will like that then :)

Matt_grumpy @mattmedland
Replying to @SpursOfficial
How ****ing much? Are you actually kidding me? £300 more to sit roughly where I used to sit at WHL? Forget it. After 20 years....I’m out.

Liam Dennis @Liam_Dennis 2h2 hours ago
You should have made the south stand tickets cheaper. All that work on the acoustics wasted if you get a load of rich tourists in there. It's not the design that creates atmosphere, it's the fans.

Happy Clapper @1882_nick_o_lie2h2 hours ago
forget naming rights. Just call it Emirates 2. pricing out a lot of fans with these prices.

mattneve @mattneve139m39 minutes ago
This is absolutely outrageous. It's shows no loyalty to the fans who have supported the club through thick and mostly thin times. Disgusting that people are having to pay 300 more than what they did at WHL. Good luck filling the stadium Mr Levy.

stelios georgiou@steliosuk1 32s32 seconds ago
Young adult prices more expensive than this year's full adults at Wembley! My son turns 18 in a couple of months, his price way more than double!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

VeniceHammer wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

talk about quite a difference in terms of migrations...

Think I'm gonna vomit.

And only for a mere 3 quarters of a Billion to achieve it (if it stays under budget). Snip!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

DDHammer wrote:
The fans will like that then :)

Matt_grumpy @mattmedland
How ****ing much? Are you actually kidding me? £300 more to sit roughly where I used to sit at WHL? Forget it. After 20 years....I’m out.

Liam Dennis @Liam_Dennis 2h2 hours ago
You should have made the south stand tickets cheaper. All that work on the acoustics wasted if you get a load of rich tourists in there. It's not the design that creates atmosphere, it's the fans.

Happy Clapper @1882_nick_o_lie2h2 hours ago
forget naming rights. Just call it Emirates 2. pricing out a lot of fans with these prices.

mattneve @mattneve139m39 minutes ago
This is absolutely outrageous. It's shows no loyalty to the fans who have supported the club through thick and mostly thin times. Disgusting that people are having to pay 300 more than what they did at WHL. Good luck filling the stadium Mr Levy.

stelios georgiou@steliosuk1 32s32 seconds ago
Young adult prices more expensive than this year's full adults at Wembley! My son turns 18 in a couple of months, his price way more than double!

Oh and as if by magic, the reality sets in the actual cost to achieve it which I touched on recently. Chasing the money is what's killing the game throughout.
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

bubbles500 wrote:

Announced ST prices on twitter they will be making fortunes..
Their season ticket prices are scandalous ,£950 to sit behind the goal.
Cheapest seat is in the family enclosure which is situated up in the gods of a stand at £795 for and adult about the same as I could pay for an adult and 2 children at our place.
They are being ripped off big time,it's only for league games so all their cup games are extra.
See how long they put up with when not winning anything .
Would most on here be prepared those prices?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Oldun wrote:Would most on here be prepared those prices?
For my seat, which is worse than I had at the Boleyn, I'm paying 23% more.

£1100, with no concession when I reach 65, unlike what I would have got at the old ground.

Tottenham supporters are watching their best team for 50 years, they should expect to pay top dollar.

We're watching a goalie who can't get a game at his proper club.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Still paying less than Arsenal and most likely in CL. Not sure what they expected £200-300 hike in prices was always likely. Levy knows he can easily find 42k in London that will pay.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Bubbles if you believe the match day revenue we obtained from the Boleyn was even close to that Spurs got out of WHL then you are living in dreamland. We were never on an equal footing stadium wise and short of pretty much doubling or more our prices we never will be.

For me the issue is not so much the move (I like the idea of more fans getting to see games at a variety of prices) but the total pigs ear that has been made of it be that the moveable seating, the initial failure to provide “standing areas” for those who wanted to, through the failure to let the green street traders have an area to the stewarding mess that has been ongoing since we first moved as was really brought to a head on Saturday. The UP stewards would have eventually caught the invaders and everyone would have had a bit of a laugh, this lot did nothing and it was that which caused the Noble reaction and the horrible scenes in the East stand.
bondsbootlaces
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by bondsbootlaces »

Oldun wrote: Would most on here be prepared those prices?
Pinky says it perfectly for me but in addition, if the owners expected us to sell out every week like a top club would or how we did at the BG why have they priced it so cheaply in a lot of sections of the ground? My 'like for like' seat would've been behind the goal in Band 4. Not allowed there when choosing but I could move up a band...for the same price as at Upton Park.

If they expected anything like what Spurs can expect in terms of numbers why not sell accordingly? This isn't about affordable football for us or the owners. It's the only way they have a reasonably full ground and can lie about attendance.

In answer to your original question, in a purpose built home, in the most successful period of time for a club I would expect to pay more. Had Spurs been middle table at best for the past 10 years, A) would they have moved? B) would they have charged those prices?

I don't think they would do either of those.
BromleyHammer
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by BromleyHammer »

Its the supporters / fans I feel most sorry for, all being equal, most football fans are cut from the same cloth, and to expect your loyalty at those prices is nothing short of disgusting. Its not just Spurs (or us) though, look at the Emirates or Etihad - empty seats everywhere.
Colours never run

bondsbootlaces wrote: Had Spurs been middle table at best for the past 10 years, A) would they have moved? B) would they have charged those prices?

For sure. Most of them are all at it these days. Was only a matter of time before Gollum got his way in a project long in the process before Kane et al rocked up.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

bondsbootlaces wrote:
In answer to your original question, in a purpose built home, in the most successful period of time for a club I would expect to pay more. Had Spurs been middle table at best for the past 10 years, A) would they have moved? B) would they have charged those prices?

The move was dictated for Spurs by what Arsenal did, it would have happened whatever. No way they were not going to compete. Prices who can say but also if they stop being successful I very much doubt they will go down.
bondsbootlaces
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by bondsbootlaces »

Colours never run wrote:
For sure. Most of them are all at it these days. Was only a matter of time before Gollum got his way in a project long in the process before Kane et al rocked up.
That's fair to say but the pricing wouldn't have ended up where it is, timing has helped them there. Also, would they still have moved to Wembley for a year? Could they have, without the good timing again? If not where would they have gone/ended up?

This isn't a defence of our owners or a Spurs love in, just curious of other people's opinions.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

As i'm 66 I get my seat in block 235 row 55 for £400. It's a very good view and good value. Obviously not every one else is so lucky. If I could go down 10 rows it would be ideal, get a better look at the fighting :)
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Tbh Levy has got spurs lot of a barrel especially while they are doing well and only releasing 42k ST. People know that if they don’t get on board they could have a 10-20 yr wait. He’s confidence is so high they are leaving 17k to sell on matchday. Where as with us they just want to secure as much as possible as quickly as possible and leave Just 2k to sell on matchday. Also feels like especially now if didn’t renew then you’d probably still have the chance to the following season.
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

The point I was trying to make is ,they are another who are pricing ordinary supporters .
They might be having the best period for decades but success is not a given,it breeds fans like Arsenal and Chelsea ,who because they pay top dollar,and they have actually won something lately.
I would guess your ticket over there would be about £2000 Pinky.
Founded by the working class taken over by the rich.
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

All Spurs have to do to make their migration a massive success is look at ours, and then do everything differently.....
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

delbert wrote:All Spurs have to do to make their migration a massive success is look at ours, and then do everything differently.....
But the move to the LS has been 'the most successful football stadium migration in history'.... apparently.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Spurs have already kind of trial migrated by going to Wembley and offering season ticket holders the chance to go to an equivalent area to where they will think of going at the new lane, and have done it stand to stand unlike our clusterfuck of a process seeing everyone all mixed up and confrontation caused by this, our migration is the greatest ever as a benchmark of how not to do it, karren should be proud
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Oldun wrote:The point I was trying to make is ,they are another who are pricing ordinary supporters .
They might be having the best period for decades but success is not a given,it breeds fans like Arsenal and Chelsea ,who because they pay top dollar,and they have actually won something lately.
I would guess your ticket over there would be about £2000 Pinky.
Founded by the working class taken over by the rich.
Oldun, I get and agree with your central point , that being, ticket prices are too dear , full stop.

Having said that, I bet every ticket is sold for their first season in their new home.

Clubs, all clubs, charge it, because we'll, by and large, pay it.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

delbert wrote:All Spurs have to do to make their migration a massive success is look at ours, and then do everything differently.....
Well they’ve started that by making it not affordable! Cheapest junior ticket is £397.50, and I would guess quite limited based on the small sections they’re located. The majority bringing kids will have to pay £90-£100 even more! A half decent adult ticket starts at £975 (cheapest being £795 in the small family section).

I don’t doubt they will sell the required number, why wouldn’t they when they’re doing as well as they are (even though trophy-less). However will they keep kids interested as parents can’t afford to take them to football? If they fail to build on where they are, will they keep the likes of Kane there - especially when they don’t pay top rate wages (unless with these increased prices they decide to).

I could see this backfiring very quickly if it goes wrong for them, though it could cement them as one of England’s top clubs if they get it right on the pitch.

For all my hatred of GSB, I will credit them on the pricing of tickets at the London Stadium. They’re affordable and also have room to grow massively over time - but until they sort the ‘experience’ at and around the stadium and what happens on the pitch out, they can’t increase them, and we will watch Tottenham go light years ahead of us.