Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Disco

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Disco »

I see LS185 has been brought in-house with E20 so there will be a single entity rather than two moving forward. A small step forward perhaps?
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

so when is the carpet due for delivery now we have agreed it last year or are we waiting to announce it on transfer deadline day as our major new addition to team west ham !

If only we could buy the bowl. install permanent seats nearer the pitch and then we decide what extra concerts extra are allowed in the ground.

didn't they have boxing at the Boleyn once ?

concerts, boxing etc in our new ground is fine as long as it doesn't interefere with the football.

Saracens matches during the season are a no no for me. football comes first !

also keep the away fans in for 25 mins then less problems. it isn't rocket science !
MilkyBarKid16
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by MilkyBarKid16 »

hammerman11 wrote:If only we could buy the bowl. install permanent seats nearer the pitch and then we decide what extra concerts extra are allowed in the ground.
In theory if safe standing is approved, a section of seats converted to safe standing could have another safe standing area built on where the carpet is. I'm thinking the front of the Bobby Moore Stand, or the soon to be Billy Bonds Stand
Red Kens Slave

Post by Red Kens Slave »

Disco wrote:I see LS185 has been brought in-house with E20 so there will be a single entity rather than two moving forward. A small step forward perhaps?
The press release states clearly that this will benefit the finances of E20 and yet “The Olympic Stadium Coalition” front man has the following to say on it:
“what it does not mean is West Ham paying any more, so it does not move us further towards our core objective.”
Just in case anyone was in any doubt about the motivations of these people and/or have been fooled by their claims to merely want to help the taxpayer, there it is in black and white.
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

This brought me back down to earth with a bump. Lost but never forgotten-

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:cry:
Davev
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 55 likes

Post by Davev »

Hamburger wrote:.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thats a great video. We had something really special. :crest:
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

They should be forever remembered for taking that away from us, for quite literally nothing in return.
c****
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Hamburger wrote:.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not seen that before. It's outstandingly made and sums us up perfectly. I won't dwell on the negative right now, prefer to just say, I ****ing love my Club. :crest:
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

we are at the bowl whether we like it or not. most don't but we love west ham gsb know this is so. this is why we fill the bowl up most weeks.

now that we are here for the 3rd season we do need to make it more home like even if we only rent at the moment.

whilst I dislike brady and co it is clear that lldc ls185, etc are difficult to deal with and clearly dislike west ham.

there is only one answer we have to buy it but that is a few years off yet.

in the meantime I expect a few cosmetic things to change around the place.
new carpet
claret seats maybe
more west ham branding on approach to the place

IF the team is doing well we will stomach it because we love west ham but what I want from the bowl is a long way off
renaming of ground
seats nearer the pitch
proper stewards
gaps between terraces filled in
better concourse with proper bars and club shops and local traders inside the ground
claret wrap around the outside of the stadium
claret seats
the approach to the ground to be named The West Ham Way with a claret and blue surface and coloured walls
murials on approach to the ground
local traders allowed on the approach. old stalls to come back
fanzone outside the ground
statues of moore hurst peters brooking bonds Lampard to be erected on the approaches to the ground
west ham flags flying on top of the bowl
night games to have a claret hue lighting effect for the outside of the place
decent half time entertainment
promotion of youth teams and womens teams at the match
tie ins with local businesses - discount in xx shop for west ham STH and members. make it something to be desired around the area

just a few suggestions
Lt. Discussion

Post by Lt. Discussion »

Where’s West Ham way? Or the much vaunted fanzone?
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2782 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

If only lady B could have showed them how to do it properly,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/a ... offer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1337 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Watching that rugby game yesterday in a stadium with seats brought over the running track so seamlessly annoys me still. That's what a purpose built stadium for athletics and football should be. I bet most people watching didn't know it was retractable seating.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

bonzosbeard wrote:Watching that rugby game yesterday in a stadium with seats brought over the running track so seamlessly annoys me still. That's what a purpose built stadium for athletics and football should be. I bet most people watching didn't know it was retractable seating.
That retractable seating was built into the original design of the stadium. The idea we could retro fit something similar into an already built stadium was always pie in the sky. I’m staggered anyone bought the idea we’d have proper retractable seating at Stratford.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

MilkyBarKid16 wrote:
In theory if safe standing is approved, a section of seats converted to safe standing could have another safe standing area built on where the carpet is. I'm thinking the front of the Bobby Moore Stand, or the soon to be Billy Bonds Stand
You mean people would be standing in front of people sitting down?
You do realise that the area where the carpet is, is flat right?
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

hammerman11 wrote:we are at the bowl whether we like it or not. most don't but we love west ham gsb know this is so. this is why we fill the bowl up most weeks.

now that we are here for the 3rd season we do need to make it more home like even if we only rent at the moment.

whilst I dislike brady and co it is clear that lldc ls185, etc are difficult to deal with and clearly dislike west ham.

there is only one answer we have to buy it but that is a few years off yet.

in the meantime I expect a few cosmetic things to change around the place.
new carpet
claret seats maybe
more west ham branding on approach to the place

IF the team is doing well we will stomach it because we love west ham but what I want from the bowl is a long way off
renaming of ground
seats nearer the pitch
proper stewards
gaps between terraces filled in
better concourse with proper bars and club shops and local traders inside the ground
claret wrap around the outside of the stadium
claret seats
the approach to the ground to be named The West Ham Way with a claret and blue surface and coloured walls
murials on approach to the ground
local traders allowed on the approach. old stalls to come back
fanzone outside the ground
statues of moore hurst peters brooking bonds Lampard to be erected on the approaches to the ground
west ham flags flying on top of the bowl
night games to have a claret hue lighting effect for the outside of the place
decent half time entertainment
promotion of youth teams and womens teams at the match
tie ins with local businesses - discount in xx shop for west ham STH and members. make it something to be desired around the area

just a few suggestions
These things require good owners mate something we lack and always will with the 3 scumbags at the helm.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

What's changed since May 2017 ? Ain't been since and it don't sound like it's any different !?
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

Pop Robson wrote:What's changed since May 2017 ? Ain't been since and it don't sound like it's any different !?
You wouldn't recognise the place. There are some shelves to put your drinks on and a few more pictures of former players.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

nothing has really changed. still an awful place to watch football. first half of the season has been better as team has performed generally better but the second half of the season is not looking good.

stadium wise it is the worst ground to watch football.

nothing will change until the scum sell up.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

hammerman11 wrote:nothing has really changed. still an awful place to watch football. first half of the season has been better as team has performed generally better but the second half of the season is not looking good.

What makes you think things will change when they go though? We are stuck there. Even new owners would probably baulk at the cost of building a new ground and buying the stadium would mean massive building alterations that would cost a fortune.
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

hammerman11 wrote:nothing has really changed. still an awful place to watch football. first half of the season has been better as team has performed generally better but the second half of the season is not looking good.

It's like like being placed by the council in their worst council house and knowing in your heart of hearts the only way you will ever move is if you win the lottery. The concil ain't bothered becuase they are geting your housing costs refunded by central government so they have no incetive to move you to anything better.