Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

£250 season ticket works out at £13 a game and the £99 quid under 16 tickets about a fiver a game. We can debate the merits of this polive all day long but football is affordable for most at the new place
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Hang on, didn't the people who collaborated with the "Board" by shouting down those of us that opposed the move tell us we would all have cheaper tickets ?
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:£250 season ticket works out at £13 a game and the £99 quid under 16 tickets about a fiver a game. We can debate the merits of this polive all day long but football is affordable for most at the new place

Don't be silly.

Most are paying more than that. Much more.

Most are also paying more than they did at the Boleyn.
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:£250 season ticket works out at £13 a game and the £99 quid under 16 tickets about a fiver a game. We can debate the merits of this polive all day long but football is affordable for most at the new place
It is very cheap. My season ticket is £280. But I'd rather pay double, even triple that, and it not be s**t.

As you say, the merits are debatable. It could be free and I'd still be in two minds about renewing - it's more about investment of time IMO.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

the pink palermo wrote:Hang on, didn't the people who collaborated with the "Board" by shouting down those of us that opposed the move tell us we would all have cheaper tickets ?
Yep. One said tickets in the East Side would be £20 a pop and we'd have our own yellow wall!

£50 a pop and a grey wail instead.
scottyboy71
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by scottyboy71 »

Wasn't sure where to post this so I've decided I'll dump it in this thread.

The stewards get loads of grief on here (deservedly so, quite frankly) but I did witness a decent gesture by one on Monday. I was in block 125 and we were all stood, with no stewards interfering and there was a young lad who was struggling to see over the adult heads in front of him. A steward came down and took him up to the disabled platform so he could see. A simple gesture but one that undoubtedly removed frustration and potential confrontation. Hopefully we'll see more of this.
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

My Band four ticket went down from £675 to £499

Whatever else is happening with the OS, tickets are generally (and I know that doesn't apply to all seats) cheaper.
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

arlhe wrote:My Band four ticket went down from £675 to £499
But you have fallen for the spin. My view is exactly as it was at the Boleyn, in the corner roughly same distance, but it went from band 4 to band 3. To be fair its £50 cheaper but why were they not honest about the bands ?
I'll bet if your still band 4 your seat is miles back from where it was at the Boleyn.
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

IronworksDave wrote: So what exactly do Roma / Lazio / Napoli do? they can't even half fill their grounds .....
Like minded people gather in the same areas to watch the game. Therefore the ' curves ' have an atmosphere. When we are in mid table for the 10th season in a row and 70% of the tourists and newbies have given up there will be a better atmosphere with 35,000 people as you'll be able to sit / stand with where ever you want.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

We've had this before.

I'm willing to bet that the average adult s/t price at the OS is more expensive than the average at the BG because of the widening of the bands.

If anyone is willing to do the maths I'll stick in the price of an average adult match day ticket to the BMF.

The headlines have always been about the minority of 300 quid tickets and the 10,000 child ghosts.
leveller

Post by leveller »

The Rebirth wrote:This is the biggest killer to English Stadia atmosphere than anything else... young lads cannot afford to go. Where as in Germany for instance you could go watch Schalke for 15 euro that includes transport to the game a drink too...
Yes and that's not stuck up the back of the stadium 15 miles from the pitch, bring your own binoculars tickets like our £289 ones. The €10-€15 in Germany are usually for the main standing area behind the goal so you understand things like this affect atmosphere in a big way.

My ticket is currently £50 cheaper than it was at the Boleyn but the view isn't the same and the board lied and told me it would be £150 cheaper originally before they changed the price band. Plus the general experience is so **** it should be £500 cheaper.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

There's more Band 1 at £899 (£25 cheaper than last season) than Band 5 at £289, with all Band 1 with a worse view and some poor buggers in Row 73 !!!

Plus what would have been Band 1 is now 1966 at £1100
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

With the renewal time rapidly approaching should I be concerned that the club still haven't published a proper seat by seat map of the bands around the stadium ?

Seems strange to me . :?
morganwhu

Post by morganwhu »

Stadium of the year?

Has everyone missed this?

:lol:
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Mega Ron wrote:

Don't be silly.

Most are paying more than that. Much more.

Most are also paying more than they did at the Boleyn.
I am fully aware of that. I am paying much more than that in Tier 1. More than I paid in Upton Park for a far worse view.

However, my post was a response to a previous post that some tickets at Napoli are as low as €11 and another poster who said kids were priced out in UK compared to other countries

Whether the tactic has worked effectively or not, the simple fact is that watching football at the new stadium is more affordable as the cheaper prices were available
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

Taff, The 'better view' point is subjective (I'm further back but have a better view of the whole pitch, IMO).

My ticket is cheaper.
Red Kens Slave

Post by Red Kens Slave »

Doc H Ball wrote:I haven't seen the latest figures, but policing at the LS averaged about 75 grand a game for the first 6 games. That's almost the entire amount for our last season at the BG.

Sounds as though they've spiralled since then.

Then there's the stewarding costs due to be published on top. That's another tenner.

It's a financial black hole :lol:
On a slightly different note, based on the Met Police cost estimates from matches last season, this is how much of the bill various clubs covered as of the end of 2016 (ours was just short of 9%):

Spurs paid 5%
Arsenal paid 7%
Charlton paid 3%
Chelsea paid 13.5%

policing football matches in general is a financial black hole.
Big George
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

Coops wrote:I stayed to the end, in fact we were among the last home fans to leave the ground.
I was at home in Rayleigh by 11:20. I could never do that from Upton Park.
Good luck to you, which route did you take?

It takes me much longer to get home despite being four stops along the central line.

I've abdandoned any hope of getting into Stratford and go to Hackney Wick.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

the pink palermo wrote:With the renewal time rapidly approaching should I be concerned that the club still haven't published a proper seat by seat map of the bands around the stadium ?

Seems strange to me . :?
Not struggled to get tickets for any Home games this season I've wanted to attend (I don't have a ST)

Got a Claret membership, and went on the ST waiting list. Never needed the membership once, and the ST waiting list fee was pointless too. 49,999 others on the waiting list I'm sure are itching to secure their ST's for next season.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Doc H Ball wrote:I haven't seen the latest figures, but policing at the LS averaged about 75 grand a game for the first 6 games. That's almost the entire amount for our last season at the BG.

Sounds as though they've spiralled since then.

It's a financial black hole :lol:
Red Kens Slave wrote: On a slightly different note, based on the Met Police cost estimates from matches last season, this is how much of the bill various clubs covered as of the end of 2016 (ours was just short of 9%):

Spurs paid 5%
Arsenal paid 7%
Charlton paid 3%
Chelsea paid 13.5%

policing football matches in general is a financial black hole.
Are these the contributions for policing a football match or contributions for policing areas around football clubs before and after a football match has taken place , where there are large numbers gathered ?

I wonder who pays the policing costs at Twickers between the train stations and the stadium, or who paid for the coppers outside the o2 conducting the tests for Cocaine use on Saturday night for the boxing , or who pays the policing for when large crowds gather for a Royal wedding .

Large events, and the policing thereof are a financial black hole , you would hope licensing authorities are sensible enough to charge a fee which would include sufficient allowances for extra policing costs that are inevitable .