Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 177 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by James P »

We don't have the money to buy and rebuild the Olympic Stadium.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

not currently no. who knows what the future brings. as costs increase for the govt their will be a desire to offload it to us one day. 2m a hear for 99 years and costs to be paid or 50m and we pay the costs ?

From a business perspective its a great deal by brady for us. The athletics situation will cause us more issues but ultimately anything can be done.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

If they, for some reason, sell it to us for £50million, they lose the ability to host anything else there and make money from it.

You're thinking in very simplistic terms.
Spammy The Vee
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Spammy The Vee »

Is it true that if Sullivan and Gold sell the club, within a certain amount of years that some of the money has to go to The Olympic Stadium ? It was mentioned to me yesterday and I had never heard that before ?
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Spammy The Vee wrote:Is it true that if Sullivan and Gold sell the club, within a certain amount of years that some of the money has to go to The Olympic Stadium ? It was mentioned to me yesterday and I had never heard that before ?
Not quite.

If they sell the club, inside 10 years or so I think, a proportion of the profit goes to whoever it is that owns the piece of **** stadium.

If they sell now they hand over more money than they would if they sell in a few years.

There have been rumours that they want a buyer to pay that sum on top of the purchase price. They're just looking for someone stupid enough to make that deal.
WoodfordJnr

Post by WoodfordJnr »

just saw something on a west ham instagram account (NOT THE OFFICIAL ONE) stating that ExWHUEmployee has said 'West hams long term plan is to buy/own the London Stadium and then rebuild it so that it will be fit for football'

I really hope this is true but i cant see it being so

Sorry if this has already been said
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

WoodfordJnr wrote:just saw something on a west ham instagram account (NOT THE OFFICIAL ONE) stating that ExWHUEmployee has said 'West hams long term plan is to buy/own the London Stadium and then rebuild it so that it will be fit for football'

If it were true, why wouldn't the Owners just come straight out with it or at least hint at it, if they're unable to spell it out whilst earning some brownie points in the process. I call bull****.
Last edited by Colours never run on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Post by Rio »

WoodfordJnr wrote:just saw something on a west ham instagram account (NOT THE OFFICIAL ONE) stating that ExWHUEmployee has said 'West hams long term plan is to buy/own the London Stadium and then rebuild it so that it will be fit for football'

Debunked by EX on Twitter saying he mentioned the 'buying' thing, but not the rebuilding
WoodfordJnr

Post by WoodfordJnr »

Fair play mate,
Just repeating what ive read
Spammy The Vee

Post by Spammy The Vee »

Cheers mega Ron, do you or anyone else have any numbers on the percentage of sale price ?
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

I think it'll be impossible to make it into a proper football ground no matter what modifications they make. Rectangle in a massive oval footprint will just fail. I'm actually close to the pitch in the corner which should be good but it just isn't. So all you upper tier people intent on coming down to the lower ring don't get too excited , it's still rubbish but standing up instead of sitting. It's like there is a game going on in the background and we happen to be there. I just don't feel part of the eb & flow of the match nowadays. When the ball is down the other end I have no idea what's actually happening just a general jist.

If the buying it thing is true there is only one solution and that's to flatten it and start again. Anything else will be a waste of time. One thing is for certain it won't be these liars putting their hand in their pockets.
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

Spammy The Vee wrote:Cheers mega Ron, do you or anyone else have any numbers on the percentage of sale price ?
Found this online although I'm not sure if this takes into account the debts (of around £100million I think) that the owners are able to offset against sale proceeds:

"The mechanism is complex but if the club were sold for £250m within the first five years of the move, the LLDC would receive £12m. If the sale price were £300m, then £27m would flow back to the taxpayer and if the sale price were £500m, the proceeds would jump to around £87m. Between five and 10 years after the move, the sums decrease."
Spammy The Vee

Post by Spammy The Vee »

Cheers Mega Ron, so some kind of sliding scale.
letchworth hammer

Post by letchworth hammer »

I never had a chance to go to Boleyn unfortunately so the Stadium is home as far as I am concerned and therefore it's ours. I get the point we only rent it and you all have put up some very good points which appear boil down to a mix of money and lord Coe. It's a shame the west hammer colours wont be around the stadium.
whufcmarc

Post by whufcmarc »

The debt gets taken off the total sale price before the % is calculated and then it is as follows

Share of £125m-£150m - 7.5%
Share of £150m-£200m - 10%
Share of £200m-£300m (first 5 years)- 20%
Share of £200m-£300m (last 5 years)- 12.5%
Share of £300m+ (first 5 years)- 30%
Share of £300m+ (last 5 years)- 20%

So just a few rough calculations

A £1billion total deal price minus 100 million debt would mean they have to give the LLDC just under £210million in the first 5 years and just under £140million in the last 5 years.

A £750million total deal price minus 100 million debt would mean they have to give the LLDC just under £132million in the first 5 years and just under £90million in the last 5 years.

A £500million total deal price minus 100 million debt would mean they have to give the LLDC just under £60million in the first 5 years and just under £40million in the last 5 years.

Anything after the first 10 years they don't have to give the LLDC a penny.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

It doesn't just apply if they sell the Club, it also applies if they just sell a percentage to get additional investment.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 176 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

2 things which for me would make the stadium look better aesthetically.

- Have dugouts close to the pitch. Look at the Stade de France as a good example with similar distances.

- Make the advertising boards flat with the pitch rather than curved with the stand. It makes the distance when looking less. The Emirates is a good example (despite being nearer to the pitch) or again the Stade de France.
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

whufcmarc wrote:The debt gets taken off the total sale price before the % is calculated and then it is as follows.
Kind of explains why our debt remains around the £100m mark. Wouldn't be surprised to see that grow over the summer. More debt means more wonga for them. Not to mention their 7% interest charges.
whufcmarc wrote: Anything after the first 10 years they don't have to give the LLDC a penny.
I'd guess that a deal will be struck involving family members. They'll transfer shares to the Sullivan tribe and / or Jackie Gold. They'll be able to sell up, pass their shares to their families. Families can then sell the majority share to buyers but the club is remaining in G&S name so not a clean sale.

I'm possibly a bit out with the 2nd point, but you can bet your life that there will be something shady will happen which the club will be punished for long after they've gone sailing off into the sunset !!
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

hammerman11 wrote: From a business perspective its a great deal by brady for us.
This is often glibly said. How is it a great financial deal for us?
Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron »

Perhaps he is Mr Gold or Mr Sullivan.