Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

NottingHammer6
Has liked: 1 like

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by NottingHammer6 »

Knighter10WHU wrote:£42 for claret membership and £62 for a Tottenham ticket (included booking fees) = £104 all in. Affordable football my ar*e!
roughly how many spurs tickets were left?
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

cockney farmer wrote: The membership is for all season not just 1 game as for 62 I was paying 85 2 seasons aging at the Boleyn for a similar game
Just seems a lot to shell out in 1 hit. I didn't realise tickets were that expensive previously as I held a Season Ticket, but that really is horrendous!
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

I can say a lot about the atmosphere , how far away from the pitch , walk to station but I cannot fault that I paid £280 for a season ticket , around £14 a game this season
Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU »

NottingHammer6 wrote:
roughly how many spurs tickets were left?
No idea, I haven't got around to renewing my membership. It will only be rubbish tickets to start with anyway, once they are sold and STHs can re-list their tickets you will get better options.
Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU »

cockney farmer wrote:I can say a lot about the atmosphere , how far away from the pitch , walk to station but I cannot fault that I paid £280 for a season ticket , around £14 a game this season
Seems a no brainer when membership and 1 Cat A game comes to £104.
mushy
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 880 likes

Post by mushy »

bengeo wrote:
You've said this many times now but the lower tier seats will not be any closer. They are just inside the roof line in the current configuration. On the East side the front row of the upper tier already has a slightly obscured view caused by the fill in seats they drop in to fill the gap when the lower tier is moved forward. That would be even worse if they moved further forward. On the West side the Hospitality middle tier would have their views obscured if the lower tier moved further forward - no way is that going to happen.

There will still be scaffolding and breeze blocks. None of this will change significantly unless the stadium is rebuilt.
bengeo, you can say this as often as you like but hammerman11 will be back in a months time saying the exact same thing followed by 'well in that case they need to knock the whole stadium down and start again', which aint happening either..
Scooter Hammer

Post by Scooter Hammer »

Does anybody no what's happening with the application of taking the allocation up to 60,000 may have been mentioned further back in post but can't see anything .
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

^^^ It's up to LS185 (the Stadium operators) to put in the request to the Safety Advisory Group. I think that they are reluctant to do so as there's "discussions" about the increased costs involved.
griff123

Post by griff123 »

Scooter Hammer wrote:Does anybody no what's happening with the application of taking the allocation up to 60,000 may have been mentioned further back in post but can't see anything .
Who cares?
Let's see how it is this season before trying to increase capacity
upthehammers

Post by upthehammers »

http://www.claretandhugh.info/london-st ... -underway/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sounds interesting;

1) new claret/blue covering to replace the astroturf covering the running track
2) new LED screens between the upper and lower tiers and also the concrete either side of the screens.

looking forward to seeing it.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

West Ham Ladies to kick-off new season at Rush Green
West Ham United Ladies return to competitive action on Sunday and will play their first four home FA Women’s Premier League Southern Division matches at Rush Green.

Greg De Carnys’ side are preparing to play their home matches on the London Marathon Community Track in Stratford, having held home matches previously at Thurrock FC, but use of the facility for the 2017 IAAF World Championships have led to a short-term change in venue.

The Ladies will instead play their opening contests at the Hammers’ training complex while the Community Track pitch is once again made fit for football.
https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... rush-green" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting development as there has to be a contract for WHUFC Ladies to use that facility as I cannot see anything in the concessionary agreement which covers it.
wizzo_66
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

upthehammers wrote:
Always thought this may make the gap look huge again.
wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

Difficult to say. I think the c&b could, in theory, make the gap look smaller. It'd certainly give the players a better idea of where the pitch ends, which is something I'm sure I've seen a couple of them complain about.
mike1961

Post by mike1961 »

upthehammers wrote:
2) new LED screens between the upper and lower tiers and also the concrete either side of the screens.

looking forward to seeing it.
I'm not.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

It's not the colour of the covering that's the problem, it's the bloody great gaps everywhere, including those covered by the stupid trampolines, it is and never will be a stadium suited for football, especially when you read elsewhere that Spurs new stadiums worst seats would be comparable to the front row seats in the upper tier at our stadium.
wizzo_66

Post by wizzo_66 »

wildkard wrote:It'd certainly give the players a better idea of where the pitch ends, which is something I'm sure I've seen a couple of them complain about.
I totally agree with that and I was saying it from the first game. They couldn't switch play effectively. A huge problem.

Not sure I can agree that it may make the gap look smaller though. The reason why they covered up in the first place with green was to make them look smaller. The distinction in colour will create a running track like look.
fredjstanley

Post by fredjstanley »

Went to the athletics last Thursday. Have to say the stadium looks brilliant as an athletics stadium, which it should as that's what it was built for. Did make me think though - would the atmosphere be better if the lower tier seats just stayed as they are now? There would be no gaps between the upper and lower tier, which I think is the main reason the atmosphere can sometimes be non-existent. Obviously those sitting in the lower tier would be further from the pitch, but I did think it would be an interesting point to raise. Also, they were charging £5.80 for a pint of Amstel during the athletics - from memory it was far cheaper for the football last season!
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

fredjstanley wrote: they were charging £5.80 for a pint of Amstel during the athletics - from memory it was far cheaper for the football last season!
It is cheaper for the football. Food as well as I went to one of the athletics sessions and my mate paid £7 for a hot dog I know I paid £5 from the same catering pod within the stadium for a football match.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Our agreement restricts the prices that can be charged, whereas the World Championships probably didn't - hopefully they will be reduced when we're back:

• ensure that the terms and conditions relating to the Catering Contracts. including without
    limitation as to the prices for food, refreshments and beverages and the corresponding
    service levels in respect thereof match (to the best of the Grantor's knowledge) the mean
    average of equivalent terms and conditions at the Comparable Clubs;

Comparable Clubs means the three leading Football clubs (as determined by the capacity of their
    home ground) with London as their registered home address which:
    (a) play regular home league Football fixtures in the Premier League: and
    (b) have a capacity at their home ground of more than, 40,000,
    or as may otherwise be agreed between the Grantor and the Concessionaire from time to time (acting reasonably);

HammerMan2004
Has liked: 526 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

upthehammers wrote:
wizzo_66 wrote:
Always thought this may make the gap look huge again.
Interestingly that article references West Ham invested £200k in this new claret track cover, which Bilic thinks will improve player's spatial awareness, which I can probably understand, the players did say last season it felt like a massive space to play on.