Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 144 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by cockney hammer »

forgot to say someone reckons dave frohl is a west ham fan lol
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

Westcountry wrote:
I was there both nights and the atmosphere was fantastic on the pitch at least
The atmosphere for The Stones gigs was fantastic as well. The LS has a lot problems with regards to football, but I'll take it for concerts over Wembley and Twickenham all day long.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1780 likes
Total likes: 2059 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Out of interest as it's just a few minutes up the road from me, what's the matter with Twickenham as a concert venue?
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Out of interest as it's just a few minutes up the road from me, what's the matter with Twickenham as a concert venue?
Nothing, but some on here are obsessed with stooping to any level to try and back and build up that **** stadium in Stratford

They troll here relentlessly
Corney Beal

Post by Corney Beal »

cockney hammer wrote:forgot to say someone reckons dave frohl is a west ham fan lol
Was quoted a few years ago, in a rock magazine, that we were his faves. It's out there somewhere if you Google it.
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

cockney hammer wrote:forgot to say someone reckons dave frohl is a west ham fan lol
Is he part of a popular beat combo?
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 144 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

yes thanks cb
costa75

Post by costa75 »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Out of interest as it's just a few minutes up the road from me, what's the matter with Twickenham as a concert venue?
A few comments from a Stones forum about Twickenham for you below JB. For me, and many others it's difficult to get to (Jagger alluded to this during the gig). The staff are amazingly rude, the queues are unbelievable, and the organisation is terrible. However, the real nightmare begins when you leave. Very difficult to get away from, even when the station is open. We have been to five gigs there, and three times we have had to use a cab at some point to get home.

"Wondering how exactly the hell I'm going to get home. I'll be up all night for sure and will almost certainly have to waste a day's leave. Shambles of a place."

"Terrible, terrible journey home slightly took the edge of another wonderful show. Although being in the Pit for Coventry and Cardiff has spoiled stands for me. Thought Twickenham was by far the worst stadium organisation of all the shows I went to, even before the transport fiasco."

"Ladies and Gentlemen....... Twickenham is one absolute dirty b*stard of a venue, and the last time we were there for a gig we promised ourselves that we would never go back to that sorry excuse of a ****hole ever again. How they even get a licence to put on a major event with that station in the state that it is is beyond me. Perhaps it might be different this time we told ourselves. Was it b*llocks....."

" The venue is a parcel of *****. If they took half of the jobsworth "security" tossers and put them in bar duty they would be doing everyone a favour. There were still ten dep at the bars during the encore! Terrible."

"For organisation, I must say London Stadium was fantastic compared with Tickenham. I went to all 3 London gigs and last night saw massive queues for everything and travel confusion after the concert. After Stratford the worst I can say was the tube was crowded. And in the London Stadium we all had a good time. I saw zero conflict with security other than some guy wanting to bring his Sainsbury's shopping in with him!"
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Post by sicknote »

And you’d find thousands more putting down the **** place in Stratford ,but you keep trolling this place with your put downs of anything slightly against the ****hole our club is saddled with
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2909 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

So now i am expected to be happy wirh the Bowl of disappointment as a foorball ground just because i enjoyed a Foo Fighters gig ?

Costa75 - how many football grounds have you seen west ham united play in ?

Personally ive seen us play in around 70 in this country and stratford is the worst .

Where would you rank it ?
costa75

Post by costa75 »

the pink palermo wrote:So now i am expected to be happy wirh the Bowl of disappointment as a foorball ground just because i enjoyed a Foo Fighters gig ?

Personally ive seen us play in around 70 in this country and stratford is the worst .

As I said Pinky ..... There are big problems with The LS with regards to football. I have been vocal about that myself. As a stadium concert venue I much prefer it to both Wembley and Twickenham.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Foo's, and I really don't understand why you are telling me to shut it just because my opinion about the suitability of The LS as a concert venue may differ to yours.
Pob!
Has liked: 1012 likes
Total likes: 675 likes

Post by Pob! »

Edited by a moderator

Link deleted click bait
costa75

Post by costa75 »

sicknote wrote:And you’d find thousands more putting down the **** place in Stratford ,but you keep trolling this place with your put downs of anything slightly against the ****hole our club is saddled with
Johnny Byrnes Boots asked what was wrong with Twickenham as a concert venue and I answered his post. It is known to be a bit of a b*stard of a venue for concerts. If your experience of Twickenham has been better than mine, good for you. How many gigs have you seen there?

Also, just because someone does not share the same opinion as you, it does not make them a troll.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Post by sicknote »

Sadly I have had to read all your posts I know exactly what you are and I don’t need you trying to convince me otherwise
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

the pink palermo wrote:So now i am expected to be happy wirh the Bowl of disappointment as a foorball ground just because i enjoyed a Foo Fighters gig ?

There are no worse grounds in the country.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2909 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

costa75 wrote: I really don't understand why you are telling me to shut it just because my opinion about the suitability of The LS as a concert venue may differ to yours.

It's very simple.

I posted a comment which I attributed to Dave Grohl, without comment .

Your reply had a pop at me.

But, please answer my question about how many grounds you have seen us play at in this country - and it's not a better fan debate, it's about validating your opinion about the LS against an appropriate sample size - as indeed my post about the FF's did .
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1780 likes
Total likes: 2059 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Thanks gents. Twickers does indeed suffer from being in the middle of a residential area, a fair way from the commuter rail line and station. For rugby matches they have an endless stream of buses both to stations and park and ride plus the bars stay open for hours afterwards, an option not available for evening concerts. There's no excuse for snotty stewarding though.
MrHammer73
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by MrHammer73 »

Just seeing the Iron Men documentary on Sky for the first time, how Slav was so right about the Olympic Stadium. Basically said it could never replicate The Bolyen in terms of atmosphere as it is not a football stadium.

The Daves can never be forgivian for their lack of due dilligence for the Stadium move.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Thanks gents. Twickers does indeed suffer from being in the middle of a residential area, a fair way from the commuter rail line and station. For rugby matches they have an endless stream of buses both to stations and park and ride plus the bars stay open for hours afterwards, an option not available for evening concerts. There's no excuse for snotty stewarding though.
Done it once will never do it again, you had to wait an hour just to get the supplied buses from Richmond station (listening to arrogant Chelsea fans in queue didn't help) then a snails pace transport to the ground, missed first 5 mins despite expecting to be early enough to have a drink before hand, tried to get a drink at half time by leaving seats a minute or two early and missed 5 mins of the second half too it took so long. Thank god the tickets were free.
costa75

Post by costa75 »

the pink palermo wrote: It's very simple.

I posted a comment which I attributed to Dave Grohl, without comment .

Your reply had a pop at me.

But, please answer my question about how many grounds you have seen us play at in this country - and it's not a better fan debate, it's about validating your opinion about the LS against an appropriate sample size - as indeed my post about the FF's did .
A pop at you? Don't be so sensitive PP I've done no such thing.

How many grounds you or I have been to on our travels watching West Ham or any other football is not relevent to the current topic with regards to the suitability of The OS as a concert venue PP. This is what my last few posts have quite clearly been about.

Dave Grohl of The Foo Fighters was by all accounts very complimentary about The LS, so much so that the idiots that run the stadium are boasting about it on twitter. You would never guess as much from your comment about what was said. You decided to put a somewhat negative slant on his words. I believe that many on here, you included, are incapable of being in anyway objective with regards to anything regarding The OS. I am not, which is why I can accept that while it is far from ideal for football, it is more than adequate for concerts, and in my opinion better that both Wembley and Twickenham.

Case closed. I'm off to work.