Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Doc H Ball »

leveller wrote: Yes it is. Name me a worse one for anyone who disagrees.
Watford's a contender.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Odessa wrote:The London stadium is ideal for one-offs like cup finals where everyone is there for a party.

It really isn't up to the job of club football especially a mid-ranking club like West Ham.

Unless the owners pump big money into the playing side the decline in interest is inevitable.

Such a shame.
Always gonna be that way....

Big money investment or say £300 seats all around

Only two ways it was ever going to work and be full

Christ knows how bad it will be next year, reckon we will get a couple of attendances less than the Boleyn... Hull on a cold winter's night :lol:
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

They'll probably offer even more plus tickets for £99 and then spout on about having 20,000 kids attending. Quite a few of these "kids" wear all white flip down trousers.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

morganwhu wrote:Stadium of the year?

Has everyone missed this?

:lol:

No doubt done by the same lot who do the Turner Prize.
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

morganwhu wrote:Stadium of the year?

Has everyone missed this?

:lol:
Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: No doubt done by the same lot who do the Turner Prize.
The scaffolding exhibit clinched it.
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

Scaffolding of the year for sure, have you seen whats under those lower tiers?

No wonder it costs so much to do they have to build a 50ft Steel Black Widow to weave it every year.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Watching Chelsea's new stadium and the Spuds both being built on the existing plots makes me sick.

We could have done that.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited by moderator.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

sjb958 wrote:Who thinks the new ground is the worst football stadium in the whole of the 92?

I do.

Edited by a moderator

Give up trying to moderate this forum with continual put downs
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Just noticed that London Stadium beat this place for the accolade:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3934/3244 ... 0dc5_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/768/33134 ... dd88_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Krasnodar Stadium
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Just noticed that London Stadium beat this place for the accolade:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3934/3244 ... 0dc5_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/768/33134 ... dd88_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Krasnodar Stadium
and there's all of us complaining about bent referees :lol:
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

Now that's a football stadium.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

coyi27 wrote:Now that's a football stadium.
http://sportsvenuebusiness.com/wp-conte ... nodar3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It looks great. I wonder if it beats our "largest digital screen".
hessa
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by hessa »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Just noticed that London Stadium beat this place for the accolade:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3934/3244 ... 0dc5_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/768/33134 ... dd88_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Krasnodar Stadium
Does look better than ours, but that is still some gap from the Stand to the pitch in the 2nd photo down! I reckon it would have us complaining anyway.
Modern
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 66 likes

Post by Modern »

ageing hammer wrote:Watching Chelsea's new stadium and the Spuds both being built on the existing plots makes me sick.

We could have done that.

I will never forgive the Daves and the cow for what they have done to us.
While I am super excited about the new Spurs stadium it is quite scary to think it is going to cost something close to 800m. With all due respect to the Daves I don't think they could or would ever have done that.
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

I was actually in Moscow when Russia had their friendly with Costa Rica in Krasnodar. Remember thinking why they'd have it there ahead of Moscow as I wanted to go to it. I can see why now. Bring on the World Cup.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Modern wrote: While I am super excited about the new Spurs stadium it is quite scary to think it is going to cost something close to 800m. With all due respect to the Daves I don't think they could or would ever have done that.
I agree , and I'm shocked Joe Lewis has done it for you lot .

Of course it's not a net figure is it ? By the time all the other side deals around your entire redevelopment get finished he will have made money from it , and possibly loaded your club up with a chunk of debt .

That sort of dough, and perhaps more crucially, that amount of time was never in the Daves capabilities .

Property is a long term game , Sullivan knows that , so does Lewis , the difference being one of them has a lot more reddies than the other .
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 841 likes

Post by mushy »

Modern wrote:

While I am super excited about the new Spurs stadium it is quite scary to think it is going to cost something close to 800m. With all due respect to the Daves I don't think they could or would ever have done that.
That's what happens when you are run by a tax dodging scoundrel, the odd 800 million here and there means nothing.
Not that any of the money will come from his own pocket of course.

To be honest am just jealous we don't have our own Cayman Island beach bum to sort out the investment required.
Too bloody late now though.
leveller

Post by leveller »

Modern wrote:While I am super excited about the new Spurs stadium it is quite scary to think it is going to cost something close to 800m. With all due respect to the Daves I don't think they could or would ever have done that.
The OS cost £798m, it's just we didn't pay for it, or not we as in West Ham anyway.
Last edited by leveller on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

How much do you reckon Spurs have saved up over the last 5 years? £1m net spent on transfers in the that time.

With the squad they have now they could probably not spend a penny for the next 4 years and still push top 4 every season.

They'll make about £150m a season in TV rights alone won't they?
Modern
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 66 likes

Post by Modern »

the pink palermo wrote:
I agree , and I'm shocked Joe Lewis has done it for you lot .

Of course it's not a net figure is it ? By the time all the other side deals around your entire redevelopment get finished he will have made money from it , and possibly loaded your club up with a chunk of debt .

That sort of dough, and perhaps more crucially, that amount of time was never in the Daves capabilities .

Property is a long term game , Sullivan knows that , so does Lewis , the difference being one of them has a lot more reddies than the other .
Yep Pinky it's net but Tottenham have said very recently that Brexit has pushed up costs by 20%. I think it is going to be a fair while before Spurs see substantially increased revenue as a result of the build. Be interesting to see how much additional income the OS is giving West Ham in a few years against the new WHL.