Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2894 likes
Total likes: 619 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Hammer.CA »

Pop Robson wrote:Sullivan wanted to buy Cardiff but only if they could play at the Millenium Stadium
Geoff Horsfield completely hidden in that picture.
Disco

Post by Disco »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

sirwalter wrote:Why wont the the Match timing clocks, be programmed to count -down during extra time!
I know this is an old chestnut, but I am sure that I am not the only one frustrated by this and surely it would not be that difficult to programme.
I know that we have far bigger issues that need attention, but i would just like to see some of the smaller issues resolved.
Blow Bubbles wrote:That's a wind up surely? ... I am being dumb or do you generally not know about this? :?
FFS, we must be the only PL team with a wind up clock
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

wind up clocks ! how about sorting the PA out awful on monday night.
music selection awful as well.
lets get some decent hammers music on sweet caroline, heroes, gold,London`s calling, etc.

the current PA/DJ sucks the life out of the place !

want the bowl jumping on saturday. we can do this lot.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2894 likes
Total likes: 619 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
rciron
Has liked: 297 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

I sadly am now convinced that the current setup regarding the stadium/ownership etc will never work. Not a home game passed last season without an incident of some sort whether it be the catering stewarding, stadium entry or bag search, you name it, it's almost as if it has been instilled into the staff, that they work for ls185 and them alone, and you will encounter differing types of clientele the better type being the athletics crowd, then the pop/band/concert goer, then occasionally rugby, and hey-ho bottom of the pile, the utter scum, west ham fans, treat them with the contempt they deserve, ask a question or can I do this? And if it's outside their simple brief, no it must be this way, or I don't have the authority, dare to ask to speak to someone in authority and press them further and the abuse starts, dare to mention complaining and you get coated with 'i dont work for your proxy club, go f*** yourself' or similar abuse, turned up last Monday Hoping for an improvement, but sadly no.
leeo272

Post by leeo272 »

There are currently two football related adverts running on tv that also feature popcorn. I can't help but feel the club were ahead of the curve on this one.
HighWycombeHammer

Post by HighWycombeHammer »

I was at West Brom on Saturday and I wonder if anyone was thinking that trying to get in the ground with 30 minutes to go and queuing up at half time for a beer was better than our ground....... :arry:
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

HighWycombeHammer wrote:I was at West Brom on Saturday and I wonder if anyone was thinking that trying to get in the ground with 30 minutes to go and queuing up at half time for a beer was better than our ground....... :arry:
Queuing up at our ground for a half time beer is much better than West Brom...

However the stewards were very nice and friendly on the way in. Asked me how I was doing. Basic politeness goes a long way.
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

Stewards wished us a good night as we left last Monday. Some stewards are good others are bad, this isn't a OS thing this is a people thing.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Coops wrote:Stewards wished us a good night as we left last Monday. Some stewards are good others are bad, this isn't a OS thing this is a people thing.
A steward in Block 146 wished me well getting my half-time pint that night. :lol:
Mr_Mercury

Post by Mr_Mercury »

Coops wrote:Stewards wished us a good night as we left last Monday. Some stewards are good others are bad, this isn't a OS thing this is a people thing.
As I left one steward was playing "I'm forever blowing bubbles" through her megaphone. I nice little touch I thought.
simonirons
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by simonirons »

leeo272 wrote:There are currently two football related adverts running on tv that also feature popcorn. I can't help but feel the club were ahead of the curve on this one.

Someone I know took his mrs to watch Spurs @ Wembley over the weekend, she posted up pics of her with popcorn. - Its not just an OS thing.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Good to hear the comments made by Phil Jupitus about the move on Talksport yesterday. Hasn't been and won't go either. Less than complimentary about GSB as well. :thup:
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

HighWycombeHammer wrote:I was at West Brom on Saturday and I wonder if anyone was thinking that trying to get in the ground with 30 minutes to go and queuing up at half time for a beer was better than our ground....... :arry:
Strolled up to the gate with about 2 mins until KO, politely let through, and made it in time to my seat for KO. No chance of that at the OS.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Good to hear the comments made by Phil Jupitus about the move on Talksport yesterday. Hasn't been and won't go either. Less than complimentary about GSB as well. :thup:
can you remember what time he came on?
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

^^^ Starts talking about us at 13:03

https://talksport.com/hawksbee-and-jaco ... 0918255056

Click on "Download" to listen online
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

cheers mate.
Cottee
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by Cottee »

West Brom is one of the worst places for trying to get a beer in the ground unless you want to miss a large chunk of the game, I never bother.
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Good to hear the comments made by Phil Jupitus about the move on Talksport yesterday. Hasn't been and won't go either. Less than complimentary about GSB as well.
sounds like a twattish thing to say to me. I can respect all those that tried it last year but found it wasn't for them.

Those that have strong opinions without even stepping a toe inside seem a bit :think: to me.