Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by OFT »

Imagine, Sully at 3rd base with Her Bradyness.....er actually, try not to .
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

OFT wrote:Imagine, Sully at 3rd base with Her Bradyness.....er actually, try not to .
Sully would HAVE to play short stop surely ...??

:lol:
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

delbert wrote:So the next level is rounders........
If you can play baseball, you can play cricket. If you play cricket you can play NFL. An all round sooper staydeeum !

Maybe not......
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Johnzo wrote:Just read an article from Zaha where he describes the relationship he has with the clubs support:

"I feel like Crystal Palace is just totally different," he says. "I feel like it's proper support from proper fans. Nowadays you don't really get clubs like that, where it's proper support through and through. It's not tourists who come and watch and don't know any songs, do you know what I mean?"

I think this highlights what we have lost since the move. Can we imagine a player coming through our ranks describing such a relationship when not engineered by a PR machine?
You mean someone like, Declan Rice?

At the final whistle, the defender joined the supporters and his teammates to celebrate staying up, and the centre-back said survival was the least the fans deserved for their loyalty this and every season.

“When you’ve got fans like that, who travel home and away and pay lots of money, when we put on a performance like that, it means they can go home happy.

“My brother was in there and he and they didn’t stop singing, so a massive ‘Thank you’ to the fans, because they’ve been excellent for us all season and we really do appreciate that.”

Not for the first time either.

The new **** Hole is a disaster, but we do still have proper fans turning up wherever we go and the players know it, even if we do attract the odd tourist.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Palace don't have proper fans, they're just as plastic as Leicester.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

War Pony wrote:Anyone know the shelf life of the current wrap around the stadium?
Not the wrap specifically but the structure is already showing considerable wear and tear.

Somebody will, in the not too distant future, start getting large bills for the stadiums upkeep.

This won't end well.
EastEndIRON
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by EastEndIRON »

Are there any planned proposals to add a further West Ham theme to the stadium? I’m talking about additional claret and blue seats, additional aesthetic touches etc

The stadium has such a plain feel to it. I thought I read somewhere that some changes were planned but I possibly imagined it.....
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

EastEndIRON wrote:Are there any planned proposals to add a further West Ham theme to the stadium? I’m talking about additional claret and blue seats, additional aesthetic touches etc

The stadium has such a plain feel to it. I thought I read somewhere that some changes were planned but I possibly imagined it.....
Believe it or not. ExWHU says the club are looking into it and ExWHU has asked for email suggestions to be sent to him and they will be presented to the club.
Mr_Skid

Post by Mr_Skid »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Believe it or not. ExWHU says the club are looking into it and ExWHU has asked for email suggestions to be sent to him and they will be presented to the club.
I find this a bit strange tbh, why do we have to send suggestions to him?
EastEndIRON
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by EastEndIRON »

Cheers for the update HammerMan :thup:

Anything that can improve the character of the place would actually go a long way in my opinion. Attended my first game this season (Bolton, league cup) and was disappointed with how soulless the experience was - certainly compared to The Boleyn where just entering the stadium felt magic
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Mr_Skid wrote: I find this a bit strange tbh, why do we have to send suggestions to him?
No idea.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

EastEndIRON wrote:Are there any planned proposals to add a further West Ham theme to the stadium? I’m talking about additional claret and blue seats, additional aesthetic touches etc

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... adium.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In place tonight, more for Everton and the start of next season.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by mushy »

Mr_Skid wrote:
I find this a bit strange tbh, why do we have to send suggestions to him?
Its the latest in the 'We listen to the fans PR'.
We have had SAB, we have had the RWHFAG/ uncle Tom Cobley and all meetings, now we want the real fans.
Step forward, Ex, Sean Whetstone and Claret and Hugh.
I also see that at least two of the above are conducting a survey to see who the fans want as next manager, results to be forwarded onto the board.
Mr_Skid

Post by Mr_Skid »

What i find strange is the ISA have conducted proper surveys and the club dont want to know, but then someone like Ex is taking suggestions via his gmail address.

Its so unprofessional as a club!
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

DDHammer wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... adium.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In place tonight, more for Everton and the start of next season.
Concourse pictures more of the Arsenalification
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Mr_Skid wrote:What i find strange is the ISA have conducted proper surveys and the club dont want to know, but then someone like Ex is taking suggestions via his gmail address.

Its so unprofessional as a club!
I don't find it strange, considering who WHUISA is trying to work with.....
Mr_Skid

Post by Mr_Skid »

sanchoz wrote:I don't find it strange, considering who WHUISA is trying to work with.....
Sorry i dont understand what you mean?
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018 ... se-display" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What's crazy is that nobody thought to put stuff like this up in the first place. It can't have cost much. We've been there two years.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Mr_Skid wrote:
Sorry i dont understand what you mean?
The football club itself.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

HammerMan2004 wrote:What's crazy is that nobody thought to put stuff like this up in the first place. It can't have cost much. We've been there two years.
It'll probably just be torn down in the summer anyway when the athletics take place again :)

"We wanted to reintroduce the West Ham themed display this season but decided the money would be better spent on playing staff, it doesn't make financial sense if our landlords keep tearing it down"