Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by sanchoz »

Regarding the distribution of up to 100,000 free tickets to Newham residents and Newham Council employees (from page 308)
In trying to pin Newham Council down on an exact date/week of when this information was going to be released I received the following:

Our response: As present, there is no set date, however we intend to release the
information after the football season is over and prior to the next season starting.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... E28204.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-948192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The release of information will involve a breakdown of community groups per game and amounts taken up as well as the numbers taken up by Newham Council "junior staff" members.
Football season starts three weeks from today. No release as yet of this information from Newham.
dt64
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by dt64 »

Me and a friend are thinking of getting season tickets for next year. Can anyone recommend a good place in terms of atmosphere? We'd both like to stand and get fully involved!!
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 937 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

dt64 - blocks 112/113/145/146 would welcome you from personal experience mate:
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

hopefully the whole stadium will be standing and involved after this transfer window.

we need the atmosphere just as much against wba everton burnley games as spurs chelski.

Lets make this bowl rock this season.

any news on capacity increase to 60000. I think we ar going to need it !
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by screech »

I went to the para athletics last night and the difference in a football crowd to a middle class middle aged crowd are unreal! Even the difference in stewards attitudes was crazy. A lot of the stewards were the same ones as football and don't get me wrong there were still the miserable 16 year old Somali kids stood at the stairways and entrances but the adult stewards were happy, helpful, singing and dancing! I wouldn't be surprised if some of the crowd were to return for football from the experiences and "fun" they seemed to be having last night. 50+ year old women giggling like school girls for taking part in a Mexican wave and then leaving the seat wet when they realised it was coming round again, stewards dancing in the seating areas and really making an effort with the people and families sat down to make them feel comfortable and welcome. It was like chalk and cheese last night compared to football
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

That post makes me laugh, do you get out much? Next time you are at a West Ham away match, go up to one of the numerous 50+ women there and see how far you get telling them it is so nice to see them giggling like school girls. I suspect the second word will be an "off" :lol:
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by screech »

Kialos wrote:That post makes me laugh, do you get out much? Next time you are at a West Ham away match, go up to one of the numerous 50+ women there and see how far you get telling them it is so nice to see them giggling like school girls. I suspect the second word will be an "off" :lol:
Where did I say it was nice to see middle aged women giggling like school girls?
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

dt64 wrote:Me and a friend are thinking of getting season tickets for next year. Can anyone recommend a good place in terms of atmosphere? We'd both like to stand and get fully involved!!
Isn't the Poxy Athletics Stadium sold out? Only £99 for Woking and you can sit or stand anywhere.
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

screech wrote: Where did I say it was nice to see middle aged women giggling like school girls?
Looked like penultimate sentence to me!
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz »

Got home and had a letter from the ICO (information commissioners office) waiting for me. It contained the decision notice for my request for the ICO to adjudicate on my freedom of information request for Newham Council to release unredacted copies of the safety advisory group meeting minutes for the stadium in Stratford and Newhans redactions of certain sections of those minutes.

They ruled in my favour and have requested Newham Council provide the minutes to me fully unredacted. They have up to 28 calendar days to appeal the ICOs ruling or 35 calendar days to give me the requested information in full.

Decision notice from the ICO will be uploaded to their website in due course.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 766 likes
Total likes: 3503 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Good work, Sanch.
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Nothing gets past Sanchoz!

Be afraid bureaucrats, be very afraid! 8-)
danny faithless
Total likes: 1 like

Post by danny faithless »

sanchoz wrote:Got home and had a letter from the ICO (information commissioners office) waiting for me. It contained the decision notice for my request for the ICO to adjudicate on my freedom of information request for Newham Council to release unredacted copies of the safety advisory group meeting minutes for the stadium in Stratford and Newhans redactions of certain sections of those minutes.

They ruled in my favour and have requested Newham Council provide the minutes to me fully unredacted. They have up to 28 calendar days to appeal the ICOs ruling or 35 calendar days to give me the requested information in full.

Top work Sanchoz. Really appreciated. 8-)
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Fantastic effort, Sanchoz. :thup:
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Just had an email from West Ham, looks like BMU Block 246 is the new Thomas Cook section.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

good, stick the day trippers up in the gods. lower tier for STH and members only.
Big George
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 279 likes

Post by Big George »

sanchoz wrote:Got home and had a letter from the ICO (information commissioners office) waiting for me. It contained the decision notice for my request for the ICO to adjudicate on my freedom of information request for Newham Council to release unredacted copies of the safety advisory group meeting minutes for the stadium in Stratford and Newhans redactions of certain sections of those minutes.

Well done that man
Red Kens Slave

Post by Red Kens Slave »

Dust off your suit, you might need it.

You'll also need to re-request the other SAG minutes as the Decision Notice will only apply to the specific request you appealed. They won't retrospectively provide the other months that they gave in redacted form.

You might as well request them now, citing the Decision Notice.
Last edited by Red Kens Slave on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Are they still going to hold it back then?
Westaam

Post by Westaam »

My Arsenal-suporting dad spent ninety minutes at Upton Park watching West Ham with me just the once.

For the record, it was the last home game of the 1985/86 season.

(Spured by my complaint, at last, to my mum, following the 8+1 victory over Newcastle nine days earlier.)

It was the most magical evening of my childhood. The walk, the programme, the stadium, the crowd, my dad, the players, the game, the result, the atmosphere, everything.

The stadium in Stratford will be like that one day.

One day it will be just like that.