Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ironchas
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Ironchas »

Anyone having this problem ???
My son sits next to me and has done so for years on full season , a couple of games go his ticket did not work so he goes to the ticket office and it’s still does not work , so each time he goes back to the office and gets issued a temp ticket to enter and then they send him a new ticket in the post , four times now .
As you can imagine peed off with it all , for the last couple of games he try’s the ticket in front of me and then when it does not work I use my ticket and we go in as one .
Last night we got caught , fair enough , the steward a female stops us and said hold up what’s going on and then we explain what’s happened and I showed he my ticket and she swipes it out of my hand . As you can imagine I went mad she calls over 3 others and the we explain what gone on and they cannot work it out how my son has been issued with 4 tickets as he had them all and none of them have worked eventually let us go as showed them our ID ie bank card and driving licence against the names on our season tickets .
The girl was shocking no customer skills or understanding , and just kept saying it’s a West Ham ticket problem , no understanding of the ticket process , her managers had more understanding when it was explained .
We have let a SLO person know who was on the concourse what’s gone on and again will have to trust that the next ticket works when the ticket office is contacted yet again for season ticket number 5

Rather peed off with it all but strangely no issues with my ticket .
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

When we go down do you think they'll have the gall to blame the OS and the deal they have with the operators for the mess we are in?
JCA
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by JCA »

Probably.......either way it's going to be interesting to see what drivel they do come up with!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 807 likes
Total likes: 3020 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

I'm sure moving home seemed a good idea at the time as far as our owners were concerned .

It's gone a touch pear shaped though .
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

A bit more than a touch!

Anyway, I think its gone a bit bowl shaped, rather than pear...
Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

I wonder what part of the process they may have realised they were making a mistake but decided to carry on as they had gone so far already.

Getting a football stadium after the Olympics that we own, the first attempt, would probably have been best case.

After that was stopped the deal that we were getting just seemed to get worse and worse. Any sensible person would have pulled out but they kept on going.

Renting the stadium in a similar way to Man City may not have been too bad. Instead we get an athletics stadium that we don't get priority on, we aren't allowed to make any changes(doubt the board would pay for them anyway) and get a lot of stick thrown at us for stealing tax payers money...

The only people who would have full details of any deal (seeing as the board misled the fans along the way) would be the board. So they knew it wasn't suitable, knew it couldn't be changed and could have foreseen all sorts of problems with, but did it anyway.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 520 likes
Total likes: 1314 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Iron Mark wrote: After that was stopped the deal that we were getting just seemed to get worse and worse. Any sensible person would have pulled out but they kept on going.

Renting the stadium in a similar way to Man City may not have been too bad. Instead we get an athletics stadium that we don't get priority on, we aren't allowed to make any changes(doubt the board would pay for them anyway) and get a lot of stick thrown at us for stealing tax payers money...
The biggest fear could have been Spurs. I'm not sure of the legitimacy of their bid, but if they'd have moved to Stratford, knocked down the stadium, built their own, and built an athletics track somewhere close like they wanted to, we'd have been absolutely screwed for generations.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Surely relegation will send E20 bust . My estimation would be £10m loss in rent/concessions. Adding in £8m a year conversion cost how can they possibly survive. I reckon there’s a very good chance it will stay in Athletics mode all year. Then what would GSB do ? Surely they wouldn’t buy it as a championship club ? Tbh I fear relegation could be the least of our worries.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2889 likes
Total likes: 617 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

The Coasters are ready for it off the pitch - their plush new Mill Farm ground in Wesham, eight miles from Blackpool, is the envy of many a club in League One and League Two.

It boasts a restaurant with a roof terrace, sports bar and cafe, as well as conference and event facilities.

"I said we should have a 15-year plan, we're bang on with that plan," adds Haythornthwaite.

This is the chairman of Fylde talking about the stadium he had built, on the BBC. I bet those facilities are open 7 days a week as well for the local community to use.

:cry:
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

bubbles500 wrote: I reckon there’s a very good chance it will stay in Athletics mode all year.
Surely it is more likely to stay in football mode unless athletics want to shell out 8m to convert it.
Iron Mark wrote:I wonder what part of the process they may have realised they were making a mistake but decided to carry on as they had gone so far already.
I don't think they see it as a mistake. If anything the opposite as E20 and the assembly could well be forced to give up on the whole athletics idea and sell out after this report is published.

We are two points from safety and with teams like Huddersfield and West Brom looking just as rubbish as us, I am sure they will be quietly confident that we can claw our way to safety between now and May.
leveller

Post by leveller »

bubbles500 wrote:Surely relegation will send E20 bust . My estimation would be £10m loss in rent/concessions. Adding in £8m a year conversion cost how can they possibly survive. I reckon there’s a very good chance it will stay in Athletics mode all year. Then what would GSB do ? Surely they wouldn’t buy it as a championship club ? Tbh I fear relegation could be the least of our worries.
Getting chucked out of that place is the best thing that could happen to us as far as I'm concerned but E20 is just basically the London government and Newham council. They're already having to put money into E20 to keep it afloat so as long as they carry on doing that then it won't go bust. In terms of their reputation I don't think that they'll want to be seen to default on a major contract, not to mention possibly opening themselves up to legal action from the club. I think the only thing that may happen is they sell the stadium to the club at a knocked down price and blame previous governments for the mess.
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

HammerMan2004 wrote:
The biggest fear could have been Spurs. I'm not sure of the legitimacy of their bid, but if they'd have moved to Stratford, knocked down the stadium, built their own, and built an athletics track somewhere close like they wanted to, we'd have been absolutely screwed for generations.
As opposed to?
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

They will have to pretty much give tickets away if we go down...

Be very interesting
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that bankrupting E20 and buying them out at a discount is absolutely part of the plan, thus allowing them to package the land, building & club to a prospective buyer and making Sully a big pile of cash. Which is what he needs, because he's dangerously low on Rolls Royces and butlers.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1855 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

It's by no means guaranteed that if E20 goes tits up Sullivan will be the successful purchaser.

He won't be the only one to see the potential of the site, and he's not known for paying the true worth of something.
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Mega Ron wrote:When we go down do you think they'll have the gall to blame the OS and the deal they have with the operators for the mess we are in?

Not a chance they will take any responsibility

Blame will be

Manager
Players
Greedy agents
Fans
Bad luck

not necessarily that in that order
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

There’s no way they’d keep it in football mode and cancel the anniversary games ,public would never stand for that.
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 873 likes

Post by mushy »

Kialos wrote:
Not a chance they will take any responsibility

Blame will be

Manager
Players
Greedy agents
Fans
Bad luck

not necessarily that in that order
Take out greedy agents from the blame, Sully quite likes lining their pockets and I have no idea why.
There is no way Sully will point the finger at any payments he has sanctioned.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Without wanting to go into a Brexit debate, a certain well coined phrase occurred to me just now which fits this stitch up perfectly and that's the phrase, 'No deal is better than a bad deal'. No better example of it than this.

They should have said thanks but no thanks, just like the Icelandics did who actually cared about the footballing aspect as well as the financial one.
danny faithless
Total likes: 1 like

Post by danny faithless »

Ironchas wrote:Anyone having this problem ???
My son sits next to me and has done so for years on full season , a couple of games go his ticket did not work so he goes to the ticket office and it’s still does not work , so each time he goes back to the office and gets issued a temp ticket to enter and then they send him a new ticket in the post , four times now .
As you can imagine peed off with it all , for the last couple of games he try’s the ticket in front of me and then when it does not work I use my ticket and we go in as one .
Last night we got caught , fair enough , the steward a female stops us and said hold up what’s going on and then we explain what’s happened and I showed he my ticket and she swipes it out of my hand . As you can imagine I went mad she calls over 3 others and the we explain what gone on and they cannot work it out how my son has been issued with 4 tickets as he had them all and none of them have worked eventually let us go as showed them our ID ie bank card and driving licence against the names on our season tickets .
The girl was shocking no customer skills or understanding , and just kept saying it’s a West Ham ticket problem , no understanding of the ticket process , her managers had more understanding when it was explained .
We have let a SLO person know who was on the concourse what’s gone on and again will have to trust that the next ticket works when the ticket office is contacted yet again for season ticket number 5

Rather peed off with it all but strangely no issues with my ticket .
I had this at UP for a good season. Drove me round the bend. I used to take my card out of my wallet after every game and put it in a draw that contained phones, spare change, pens etc then take it out and put it back in my wallet next game. I believe that keeping one these cards next to stuff like this can affect it.