Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by the pink palermo »

Kialos wrote:I'm OK with the stadium but I have no problem at all with those who don't, having their say. That is what an internet forum is for. If reading such posts about the stadium offends people then I guess the simple answer is not to look at a thread where it is pretty obvious what the subject matter under discussion is.
Coops wrote: But it is almost every thread.
There are 25 threads on the front page of the GD section of this website .

Three of them have discussions relating to the stadium

The OS questions thread

The why I'm not going thread

The WHUISA thread

A fourth thread, ST Renewals is a thread we have every year , just that this year there is the added twist of the new place .

So it's not nearly every thread , nowhere near it .Furthermore until the club make further strides in making amends for a terrible migration why should those supporters adversely affected by it simply shut up and accept it ?

We have many Band 1 STH sat in seats a long way from being "comparable" being forced to renew at the higher price to get a reasonable chance at a seat relocation

We have supporters paying top dollar for a 1966 seat which isn't as good as their old Band 1 seats - affordable football ?

We have supporters evicted from the seats they signed up for to other parts of the stadium with no recourse

We have many supporters being inconvenienced by having to circumnavigate the stadium to accommodate segregation with away fans

We have supporters unable to place their drink anywhere but the floor 9 months after moving in to the place

We have supporters who have been sold a "pub experience" still unable to get a draught lager 9 months into their 3 year contracts

We have supporters being herded like cattle around the local shopping centre and generally treated like lepers before and after games

We had the farce of away ST's initially being offered on a first come first served basis ......

We have had supporters struggling like mad to understand the e-cash system , and others who are offered miserly returns on the ticket exchange system

We have supporters missing kick off due to a largely unnecessary security operation when entering the stadium

We have had supporters denied easy exit , being shunted through an overcrowded side door

The stewarding is still not where it needs to be in terms of performance

Our supporters getting filmed by third party security consultants ......

And you want us to shut up about it ?
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

Well said pinky.

I'm sure our boards m.o has been "couple of wins and they'll shut up about it"
Last edited by simonirons on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Well said... agree with it all

Although I think the journey and crowd control has eased off from the first dozen games

Carpenters Road route always been clear and could get the station in 20 mins from leaving stadium

More recently we have been driving and parking at Westfields, most stayed later on Saturday and I timed 22 mins from leaving the stadium to being sat in car on way out of car park C walking the main route.

Appreciate if you have mobility issues then it wouldn't be as quick though
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

No just stop bleating about every little thing. In a way this actually detracts from the genuine grievances that can and should be addressed.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Should have added... pretty much all the issues Pinky mentioned are the fault of the owners and poor migration and management.

Shows them up for what they are....

But on the flip side, a positive is most of them can be fixed by owners that give a **** about the fans.

Man City, Chelsea and Leicester for example all have foreign owners but have done more for their fans than our so called self proclaimed fans that run the club.
leveller

Post by leveller »

Very well said Pinky.
Coops wrote:No just stop bleating about every little thing. In a way this actually detracts from the genuine grievances that can and should be addressed.
Every little thing like what? There are tons of major issues that are unresolved as clearly demonstrated above and that doesn't even touch on the actual stadium itself.
Coops

Post by Coops »

I don't agree with many of the points above and some of them are nothing to do with the actual stadium.
This is exactly what I am saying. Stop just whinging about every little thing and concentrate on what is changeable and important.

One thing though, why the f*** are people still going all the way around Westfield?
Have none of them ever learnt to use google or read a map?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Coops wrote:No just stop bleating about every little thing. In a way this actually detracts from the genuine grievances that can and should be addressed.
Coops the owners are banking on supporters giving in on complaining , they know it's a war of attrition and belligerence : if they tough it out, we'll all simply get bored and STFU .

They've subjugated the majority who are now either willing to accept a crap set up in silence or have simply walked away .

I'm not intending on doing either .
Coops

Post by Coops »

the pink palermo wrote:
Coops the owners are banking on supporters giving in on complaining , they know it's a war of attrition and belligerence : if they tough it out, we'll all simply get bored and STFU .

They've subjugated the majority who are now either willing to accept a crap set up in silence or have simply walked away .

I'm not intending on doing either .
I'm not saying that anybody should. But I think that people are just moaning about everything and some of it is irrelevant, which detracts from the important issues.
Bad stewarding needs to be addressed. popcorn doesn't.
Away ticketing is nothing to do with the stadium.
Westfield make their own rules, there are plenty of much better routes and the issue is being addressed.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Coops wrote: Bad stewarding needs to be addressed. popcorn doesn't.
Away ticketing is nothing to do with the stadium.
Westfield make their own rules, there are plenty of much better routes and the issue is being addressed.
Have you ever seen a post from me about Popcorn ? Seriously .

Away ticketing has everything to do with our owners and their attitude to our away supporters is demonstrative of a wider behaviour pattern that treats supporters with contempt .

With regards Westfield, sure they make their own rules, but I don't recall seeing alternate routes published in the match programme or a mail shot - even an e-shot to supporters with good, detailed alternate routes

Every single improvement since day one has had to be extracted from the club , not offered up by them willingly .They lack the infrastructure to work on multiple issues - some of them complex at the same time , and even where they ought to be able to they are hamstrung by the contract with LS185 / E20 .

Too little thought was given to taking care of long standing supporters and too much into flogging tickets .

The supporters, have, in my view, been treated quite appallingly .
Coops

Post by Coops »

The owners don't care about the supporters. They are running a business with the most loyal customers in the world, I bet they can't believe their luck.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

The trouble is TPP, we heard you the first time and the second and third……..etc. I have no problem with the points you raise, and I agree with some of them, but repetition can get tedious and boring.

I see that many of the points you raise are being taken up by the various supporter groups and good for them, they are getting direct access to the board and I believe that is the place to raise and solve all and any issues.

For those who feel most strongly about the issues I suggest they could take a more active role in those groups rather than repeating the same rhetoric to fellow supporters again and again on the forum as, generally, we are not the ones to convince.

To be fair TPP, you appear to be one of the more erudite and consistent of those (and others) are referring to but I agree with Coops in that it can detract from priority items and acts as a magnet to those more vitriolic and less constructive that in turn loses any support of those who are perhaps more moderate in their views.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 842 likes

Post by mushy »

What are these priority items you speak of then?
As for supporters groups being heard by the board, clearly you are having a tin bath.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Diogenes, I can assure you I'm not trying to convince posters on here , I am however reminding the club - and the people they pay to read this and other social media outlets , that they need to up their game .

As for joining "various supporters groups" with "direct access to the Board", I'm a paid up member of one such group but I won't take part in their activities so as not to detract from their efforts . I wish the people leading those groups luck and good will .
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Diogenes wrote: but repetition can get tedious and boring.
The irony.
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

Pinky and others have every right to continue to air their grievances. Some will find it repetitive, others a useful reminder of just how neglectful the owners have been. I for one appreciate the reminders.
BenniBlanco

Post by BenniBlanco »

The thing is, you could counter that by making a list for staying at the Boleyn
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

There are complaints about the stadium on more or less every thread, it's just not the main thrust of whatever the thread itself is discussing. I'm not entirely happy about the move, or the stadium, (to say the least) but I am really fed up with seeing the words "athletics bowl", "soulless bowl", "athletics stadium", "West Ham London" etc on every single thread talking about anything West Ham related. I'm not sure why it sits so badly with me either - essentially these comments are not incorrect.

I don't know. Maybe it's because they sound like things fans of other clubs have aimed at us?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

wildkard wrote: I am really fed up with seeing the words "athletics bowl", "soulless bowl", "athletics stadium", "West Ham London" etc on every single thread talking about anything West Ham related.
Dare I suggest you turn your ire on the three people responsible for moving us there ?

The supporters who are continuing to complain about the move are not the perpertrators of the problem they are the victims of it .
The Boleyn Hound

Post by The Boleyn Hound »

In my view there's a huge difference between constructive criticism and just plain moaning.

Some people have moaned and moaned about how they hate having to walk through Westfield, about Stop/Go signs. Yet when I and others have explained alternative routes, they've either disregarded the advice and continued to moan, or refused to use a map and a bit of common sense to find said routes. One person even said "why should I have to use a map just to know how to see my own club?".

As well as that we've had posters that no longer support west ham coming on and slagging off the atmosphere in our stadium, in response to supporters saying things like "thought the atmos. was pretty good yesterday", despite the moaner not attending the match in question.

This constant moaning and determination to hate everything about the matchday experience really detracts from the legitimate and important problems some others have listed.

Let's stop whinging and continue constructive criticism.