Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by aaronhammer »

Fans running on the pitch happen at every club at some point. The question is why were there no security coming to get them off (it’s a criminal charge at the end of the day isn’t it?). Why were the guys able to return back into the crowd unchallenged by security - leading to some mob rules from other fans.

Sullivan can blame the stadium operators but I’m sure that won’t wash with the Premier League and The FA as it will be the clubs responsibility to ensure safety is maintained. He signed the deal which caused this, it’s on his watch.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Re: the stewarding of LS

Post by goa127 »

east_ham wrote:1- No I don't work for the club. How do you surmise that ?
2- I cant get to games as I have other responsibilities and things I need to do on a weekend ala family. (I work away from London during week , and weekends are kids and domestic stuff). You may regard me as plastic , so be it.

My original question stands as a genuine question too , what is situation with the stewarding please.
I'll answer your question as it seems perfectly reasonable to ask: When the fellas ran on to the pitch the stewards did nothing. When they ran back into the stand they did nothing. I don't mean they made a half-hearted attempt they actually stood still and looked the other way. The fella with the long hair jumped back into the stand directly below where I sit literally passing within touching distance of a steward . His progress was then interrupted by several angry fans who started pushing him and eventually throwing punches. The only stewards who did anything at all were the ones wearing the darker uniform who didn't have hi-vis on. The stewarding is pointless as it is, it's essential it's improved for the next game.
Mr_Skid

Post by Mr_Skid »

Over a year ago they said they were sorting the stewarding out

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... introduced" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

Why the abuse for 'east_ham' posting an entirely innocent question?

Do you have the accompany it with abuse for GSB before it's considered 'acceptable'?
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

is it still the most successful migration in the history of football ?
KingJaffeJoffer

Post by KingJaffeJoffer »

It's been pretty successful for the away teams :thup:
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Re: the stewarding of LS

Post by Wembley1966 »

east_ham wrote:My original question stands as a genuine question too , what is situation with the stewarding please.
I watched what happened under the directors box from the opposite side in the East Stand. As soon as their first went it I looked at the directors box as that is where I thought protests would start. If I knew it, then I'm sure the club and stadium knew it. Watching the crowd under the box get bigger, when their third went in I thought that I would stroll over to the other side and get a bit nearer the action. I assumed that I was going to be blocked by snatch squads, response teams or lines of stewards. So about 15 minutes after it all started I was able to walk right up nearly under the directors box and stood next to probably the only steward around who was ignoring everything and trying to make sure that he didn't get involved.
Last edited by Wembley1966 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mental hamster666
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by mental hamster666 »

I did notice a rather chunky black security fella in a suit walk slowly onto the pitch after the first supporter got on the pitch, he couldn't have walked slower if he tried!!
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Stewards have been **** from before Day 1, my experience going to an event before we moved

Remember Spiderman

Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

mental hamster666 wrote:I did notice a rather chunky black security fella in a suit walk slowly onto the pitch after the first supporter got on the pitch, he couldn't have walked slower if he tried!!
Mark Noble gave him a mouthful as well about not doing their job:

Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Wembley1966 wrote: Mark Noble gave him a mouthful as well about not doing their job:
The steward could have given Nobes the same back
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... n-saturday" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do it then and keep it locked up. :lol:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Pop Robson wrote:Stewards have been **** from before Day 1, my experience going to an event before we moved

Remember Spiderman

I think that's my all time favourite pitch invaders. Humour, straight to the point and totally West Ham bonkers.

Slight irony being I think they were taking the piss out of Zabaleta for clearly taking a dive against us, who now plays dogshit for us.
goa127

Post by goa127 »

arlhe wrote:Why the abuse for 'east_ham' posting an entirely innocent question?

Do you have the accompany it with abuse for GSB before it's considered 'acceptable'?
Ive learnt that any post that is not virulently anti GSB MUST carry a disclaimer denying support for the board. East Ham's question is an example. He's asked a sensible question and explained why he isn't a regular attendee but gets accused of being a plant. I've been accused of being 'pro board' several times mainly because I like the new stadium. I understand why people in the front section don't, but they are not able to understand why people in the upper tiers do.
My son's probably a bigger West Ham fan than me but doesn't go for family commitnments, wheras I hate to miss a game even though it's usually ****. Some things are more important than football, I just haven't found them yet :)
VeniceHammer
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 146 likes

Post by VeniceHammer »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

talk about quite a difference in terms of migrations...
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

It's alright lads, the security issues have been resolved. If you sit in the Directors' Box.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-socc ... ce=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Colours never run

xerxes wrote:It would be the club who were fined. Not the stadium operators.

Out of over 50,000 people, only four went n the pitch, a bit of perspective is required here.

This is what does my nut in at times with how things are reported. Yes some over stepped the mark but to date no arrests made (we've been here before vs Chelsea in the Cup) and no evidence of coin throwing (not saying it didn't happen but await proper confirmation). So when you actually break it all down you begin to laugh at the way swathes of our fanbase are labelled SCUM.
bondsbootlaces
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by bondsbootlaces »

EvilC wrote:It's alright lads, the security issues have been resolved. If you sit in the Directors' Box.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-socc ... ce=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So no stopping people getting on the pitch, no stopping people fighting in the stand, no stopping "children leaving in tears"? Just pull the ladder up Jack, I don't want rude words shouted at me.

Lest we forget, "supporters" just like us...
goa127

Post by goa127 »

I think the problem is not how many people ran on to the pitch but the fact that they went largely unchallenged by the useless stewards. There's always been idiots who want to get their face on TV, but they're normally quickly caught, thrown out and banned. The current stewards might as well have been made of cardboard.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

VeniceHammer wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

talk about quite a difference in terms of migrations...

Announced ST prices on twitter they will be making fortunes. Will make £30m a year just on food and drink enticing people to come in early and stay after match. Shameful what a shambles our board made of the migration. Heartbreaking we will be left so far behind a club we were on a level status stadium wise just 2 years ago.