Jonathan Calleri

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Jonathan Calleri

Postby Modern on Fri May 19, 2017 4:17 pm

That's the really odd thing though isn't it, he is owned by investors (supposedly the reason Spurs didn't want to do the deal). Loaning a player from South America when the likelihood is he will take time to settle in and need a second season anyway ,It's all very unusual.
Modern

Postby JerseyHammer on Fri May 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Modern wrote: ,It's all very unusual.

Unless you support West Ham, in which case this is standard.

I was always willing to give Calleri a chance. He consistently disappointed but I had a shred of faith still. Then he put in a great shift vs you lot, but follows it up by putting in possibly the laziest performance ever witnessed.
JerseyHammer

Postby jacko on Fri May 19, 2017 5:39 pm

Modern wrote:Strange this on has gone so badly. I remember when Spurs were linked last season and he was being talked up so much, really felt of all West Ham's signings he would be the best one.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ri-7590803" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not really, this is what agents to do get punt a player around.

On a different note,,,

I think he's had one good game since he played for us - suprised people want him to stay Has never really looked like scoring goals.
jacko

Postby Marcus on Mon May 22, 2017 4:14 pm

Is he back in Argentina?
Not even the 7th sub yesterday...
Marcus

Postby Marky on Mon May 22, 2017 4:16 pm

I never want to see this man again. I need to hear an anoiuncement that he is out of my life.
Marky

Postby HammerMan2004 on Tue May 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Marky wrote:I never want to see this man again. I need to hear an anoiuncement that he is out of my life.

http://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers-w ... o-striker/

Done. Thank **** that's over.
HammerMan2004

Postby Kialos on Tue May 23, 2017 5:53 pm

The right decision, it is all very well people saying he would have settled in more second season but you have to see something about a player to see some spark of hope and with Calleri there was next to none. Running around a lot does not cut it, all sorts of excuses were being made. Lack of confidence being the usual hackneyed explanation. I wish him well but PL striker? No.
Kialos

Postby warp on Tue May 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Marky wrote:I never want to see this man again. I need to hear an anoiuncement that he is out of my life.

:lol:
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby ballantine on Tue May 23, 2017 6:12 pm

Modern wrote:That's the really odd thing though isn't it, he is owned by investors (supposedly the reason Spurs didn't want to do the deal). Loaning a player from South America when the likelihood is he will take time to settle in and need a second season anyway ,It's all very unusual.

I was actually disappointed the HMRC couldn't find him when they raided the stadium in April...
ballantine

Previous

Return to General Discussion