Refereeing Decisions 2016/17

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Refereeing Decisions 2016/17

Postby aitchayell on Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Rooney, the England captain, who should, of course, set an example is just a cheat with no honesty or integrity, and the hypocrisy of Henry and Carragher beggars belief.
aitchayell

Postby davids cross on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:03 pm

Terrible referring performance from Ibrahimović today .....

How he failed to send Kevin Friend off is beyond me.....Image
davids cross

Postby ashbanki on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Anything Friend can do Antony Taylor can do better - clear handball by Burnley player and rewards them with a penalty!!
ashbanki

Postby simonpaulthomas on Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:25 am

I listened to the Man Utd Bournemouth match on the radio at work, and have just watched back on MOTD - the initial "stamp" by Mings doesn't look intentional to me to be honest, and I'm trying to be really subjective. No way should Ibra be on the pitch after that. Slags.
simonpaulthomas

Postby kayahammer on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:10 am

I'n not so sure. I think Mings tries to make contact with his head, then fair doos to Ibra for elbowing him, but both should have gone, not the unlucky Sermon who made a great tackle for his first yellow, then barely touched Ibra before he made the most of the tiny shove and fell over.

And the Bournemouth penalty was never a penalty. As much as i dislike Jones, he was nowhere near making contact with the attacker, until the attacker changed direction to make sure Jones caught him. The attacker should go for cheating.

In fact, if there's anything other than a natural occurrence of events the ref should ignore any appeal.
kayahammer

Postby Iron George on Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:42 am

kayahammer wrote:I'n not so sure. I think Mings tries to make contact with his head, then fair doos to Ibra for elbowing him, but both should have gone, not the unlucky Sermon who made a great tackle for his first yellow, then barely touched Ibra before he made the most of the tiny shove and fell over.

And the Bournemouth penalty was never a penalty. As much as i dislike Jones, he was nowhere near making contact with the attacker, until the attacker changed direction to make sure Jones caught him. The attacker should go for cheating.

In fact, if there's anything other than a natural occurrence of events the ref should ignore any appeal.

Jones is just a big clumsy oaf.

He dived in yesterday like he did at our gaff, like he does all the time.
Iron George

Postby dave_l on Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:50 am

The Man Utd v Bournemouth game was a shocking advert for football. Awful refereeing all round with some dreadful time wasting antics from Bournemouth in the second half. Regardless of it being against Manure, some of the flopping to the ground they did was just tedious. Turns out the refs in both the Man Utd and Swansea games were on a stag do together during the week just gone as well!
dave_l

Postby ashbanki on Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:58 am

"The attacker should go for cheating" - If that were the case, Manchester United(under Mourinho) would finish most games with 5-6 players!
The Ibrah incident started with him stamping on Mings, he the retaliated with the stamp on the head and Ibrah finished it with the elbow - if you swap Ibrah for Carroll, he would have amassed 2 straight reds and 2 yellows for those incidents.If the PL are serious there should be 10 game bans for Mings and Ibrahimovic and a rescind for the Bournmouth player sent off!
I would not be surprised if Mourinho fines his players if they dont simulate injury after every contentious contact!!
ashbanki

Postby JLCABA on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:16 am

Hope Ibra gets a 3 match ban

Mings ..I hope he gets away with it , Bournemouth are an easier team to beat with him in the side...an accident waiting to happen
JLCABA

Postby continental skills on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:25 am

Romford wrote:Might as well just start heading balls to defender sides in hope of them hitting the arm... :asleep:

Liverpool, and Suarez in particular, were very good at doing this a few seasons ago. Attacking player would flick up the ball at the defender as if to put it past him at waist height. More times than not, the ball would hit the defender's arm. More times than not, Liverpool got a penalty out of it. Remember one or two against us like that.
continental skills

Postby fmgod on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:25 am

Watching it to me it looks like Zlatan trys to catch Mings first and also I don't think Mings actually means to catch Zlatan's head, think you can't ban him for that as there's no way of proving the intent with that, Zlatan's elbow complete different ball game.

Worst penalty in recent years in my mind was about six years ago, we was when then Rooney hit and he got a penalty for literally just kicking the ball at Upson's arm on the edge of the box.
fmgod

Postby Hammer in Split on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:30 am

Re Mings v Ibra.
Man U want the whole thing pushed away otherwise Ibra could well be looking at a 3 match ban.
If it wasn't for that they would be screaming the house down.
But the best thing about this - over looked by the pundits - is how Ibra was concentrating so hard on elbowing Mings that he actually threw a pretty good opportunity to win the match from that cross. Never mind! :lol:
Hammer in Split

Postby The Gibbins on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:14 am

The Mings one is hard to decide, i think he will get punished purely for the reason Ibra will definitely get a ban to avoid the extra publicity it will bring. In my opinion it was clumsy from Mings but im not convinced he actually meant it.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Postby kitthehammer on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:33 am

Never mind other matches, i'm awaiting yet another poor decision against us tonight against another top 6 side.
kitthehammer

Postby Iron George on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:15 pm

kitthehammer wrote:Never mind other matches, i'm awaiting yet another poor decision against us tonight against another top 6 side.

Be a result if it's just the one !
Iron George

Postby somerset-hammer on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:26 pm

The Ref didn't see the Mings stamp, but saw the Ibra elbow, why would he be chatting with him otherwise? to not send him off after potentially seeing it happen, is well out of order.

He also witnessed Ibra throw a Bournemouth player to the ground (Mings again I think) And then absolutely **** himself when confronting him, to end up being told off by the player. :lol:

How can a player, no matter how high profile he is, be able to have that much influence over an official..

Was he intimidated?
somerset-hammer

Postby Patito on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:45 pm

The Gibbins wrote: In my opinion it was clumsy from Mings but im not convinced he actually meant it.

This is also how I saw it. Mings was concentrating on the ball coming in and was stumbling backwards, he is a big clumsy oaf and if he was aiming for Ibrahimovic's head he'd have missed anyway.

If I was in Ibrahimovic's position, I would have retaliated as well. Would I have done it by throwing a cowardly elbow in Ming's face though? No. Pathetic from him and he deserves a lengthy ban.
Patito

Location: "With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world."

Postby sendô on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:49 pm

People caning Kevin Friend - the man gave a penalty at Old Trafford against Man Utd! What more do you all want? :lol:
sendô

Postby Patito on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:04 pm

somerset-hammer wrote:The Ref didn't see the Mings stamp, but saw the Ibra elbow, why would he be chatting with him otherwise? to not send him off after potentially seeing it happen, is well out of order.

He also witnessed Ibra throw a Bournemouth player to the ground (Mings again I think) And then absolutely **** himself when confronting him, to end up being told off by the player. :lol:

I don't actually think he saw the elbow, I think what he did see was Mings on the floor, then Surman come over and shove Ibrahimovic.
Patito

Location: "With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world."

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:07 pm

sendô wrote:People caning Kevin Friend - the man gave a penalty at Old Trafford against Man Utd! What more do you all want? :lol:

This will be the sole reason the FA drop him to championship this weekend.
westham,eggyandchips

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion