Refereeing Decisions 2016/17

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Refereeing Decisions 2016/17

Postby somerset-hammer on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:10 pm

sendô wrote:People caning Kevin Friend - the man gave a penalty at Old Trafford against Man Utd! What more do you all want? :lol:

Good point.. his career is as good as over now though.
somerset-hammer

Postby The Gibbins on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:14 pm

For everything that went on in this match, it was quite funny in a way seeing Surman sent off for a perfectly good tackle and shoving over some 6ft5 bloke who is a black belt in Taekwondo :lol:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Postby Row X on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:06 pm

Patito wrote:
If I was in Ibrahimovic's position, I would have retaliated as well. Would I have done it by throwing a cowardly elbow in Ming's face though? No. Pathetic from him and he deserves a lengthy ban.

I would have more respect for Zlatan if he just got up, punched Mings in the face and just walked off the pitch.
Row X

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:12 pm

my take on it was that Mings caught Rooneys arse or thigh just before which made standing on Ibra unavoidable, it wasnt intentional cos if it was he would have used more force - wouldnt we all ?

Ibra clearly got him back for that with an elbow to the jaw

how the f***l rooney saw the stamp is beyond me as he had his back to it
psychoscoredthelot

Postby jacko on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:38 pm

I see Hackett has a column in the telegraph in which he was digging out Friend for his decisions.

I'll never forgive him for what he did to us.
jacko

Postby Jumby on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:42 pm

Mings didn't intend it, Ibrahimovic did and his was pre meditated, he went over to him to make sure he could catch him, imagine if he'd have had Mings' teeth out? As a defender there is nothing I hate more from an opposing attacker than when they lead with their elbows, totally unnecessary, dangerous and cowardly.
Jumby

Postby thejackhammer on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:58 pm

Jumby wrote:Mings didn't intend it, Ibrahimovic did and his was pre meditated, he went over to him to make sure he could catch him, imagine if he'd have had Mings' teeth out? As a defender there is nothing I hate more from an opposing attacker than when they lead with their elbows, totally unnecessary, dangerous and cowardly.

Defenders do it too, I've taken many an elbow to the face after a goal kick has been booted long
thejackhammer

Postby nickkarkie on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:20 pm

Isn't amazing that lots of people here believe that Mings may not have done it on purpose yet the FA have charged both with violent contact but have "submitted a claim that the standard punishment for misconduct would not be sufficient in Mings' case"

What a farce. Heaven forbid that Man U might be without Ibrahimovic for the standard 3 games.

In my opinion the Ibrahimovic one is far worse because it was premeditated and the swing of the elbow near the temple could kill you.
nickkarkie

Postby Ali888 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:56 pm

psychoscoredthelot wrote:my take on it was that Mings caught Rooneys arse or thigh just before which made standing on Ibra unavoidable, it wasnt intentional cos if it was he would have used more force - wouldnt we all ?

Ibra clearly got him back for that with an elbow to the jaw

how the f***l rooney saw the stamp is beyond me as he had his back to it

I too thought there was slight contact between Mings and Rooney which threw Mings slightly off balance. I'm surprised that none of the so-called experts mentioned this.
Ali888

Postby aaronhammer on Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:51 pm

So Zlatan stamps and that is brushed under the carpet, Mings stamped and will face more than a 3 match ban, Zlatan intentionally elbows somebody in the head with force and will get 3 matches? Both should get the same punishment, if not Zlatan more for 2 offences.
aaronhammer

Postby Exiledin cardiff on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:11 pm

This isn't a new thing is it. But and it is a big but what can be done, to end it.

Do we make referees money in the premiership so good that the thought of losing it unpalatable. Do we import officials from overseas, There is an answer somewhere but what is it.

independent assessors, but if they have not been in charge of games how can they assess.

It's an argument that has no simple answer, Maybe if a ref appears to favour certain teams in matches he is removed from reffing another game with that team involved ( Man U and Arsenal) will be ref less.

We can all sit and pontificate, but we need to come up with solutions.
Exiledin cardiff

Postby thejackhammer on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:31 pm

Exiledin cardiff wrote:This isn't a new thing is it. But and it is a big but what can be done, to end it.

Do we make referees money in the premiership so good that the thought of losing it unpalatable. Do we import officials from overseas, There is an answer somewhere but what is it.

independent assessors, but if they have not been in charge of games how can they assess.

It's an argument that has no simple answer, Maybe if a ref appears to favour certain teams in matches he is removed from reffing another game with that team involved ( Man U and Arsenal) will be ref less.

We can all sit and pontificate, but we need to come up with solutions.

Video referee. You cant cheat when the whole world knows you can watch. There'd still be soft reds and penalties because it's subjective but it would help
thejackhammer

Postby Exiledin cardiff on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:40 pm

Jakhammer, is every call going to be refered to the video ref, The game will become stop start with set plays. Refer to the video ref is a road that is never ending and not a route I would like to see the game take.
It starts with penalty calls, then diving and sending offs then what, A ref could get those calls right but it's the wrong calls in other areas that can change the course of the game
Exiledin cardiff

Postby thejackhammer on Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Jakhammer, is every call going to be refered to the video ref, The game will become stop start with set plays. Refer to the video ref is a road that is never ending and not a route I would like to see the game take.
It starts with penalty calls, then diving and sending offs then what, A ref could get those calls right but it's the wrong calls in other areas that can change the course of the game

The video ref will be watching the game, so can overule the ref, it'll take 30 seconds to check, Should definitely be checked for penalty claims if the ball is out of play, and offsides where a goal has been scored. A quick check on a diver to see whether he gets booked or gets the free kick.
thejackhammer

Postby thejackhammer on Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:48 pm

Perhaps have it so managers can request the video ref, but if they ask three times for no reason then they're banned for the rest of the game.
thejackhammer

Postby Macca1973 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:09 pm

Got to the point where I am certain that when we play one the Sky/BT favoured clubs we will get at least one sh*t decision, probably a game deciding one. Don't expect tonight to be any different. They need the extra help though don't they, I mean it's not like they've all got unlimited budgets is it? :thdn:
Macca1973

Postby kayahammer on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:12 am

How Fabrigas is allowed to lean into the ball deliberately and alter its course with his elbow and not concede a penalty is beyond me. :?
kayahammer

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:00 pm

Five game ban for Mings

Bournemouth defender Tyrone Mings will serve a five-match ban for violent conduct after a Football Association panel ruled he deliberately stood on the head of Manchester United's Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The 23-year-old landed with his studs on the forward's head during Saturday's fiery 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.

Ibrahimovic elbowed Mings shortly after, and accepted a three-match ban.

Bournemouth said they are "extremely disappointed" with the FA's decision.

Speaking to the BBC after Saturday's match, Mings denied any intent.

more on BBC website...
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby fmgod on Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:13 pm

So something that was accidental five games, a premidated disgusting elbow three games, logic, big club favoured again, if I was Mings and Bouremouth I'd be fuming as I think he would be facing no ban at all.
fmgod

Postby Sauce! on Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:45 pm

Macca1973 wrote:Got to the point where I am certain that when we play one the Sky/BT favoured clubs we will get at least one sh*t decision, probably a game deciding one. Don't expect tonight to be any different. They need the extra help though don't they, I mean it's not like they've all got unlimited budgets is it? :thdn:

Credit where it's due, I though Sub Marriner had a good game Monday night.
Sauce!

Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion