Refereeing Decisions 2016/17

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Refereeing Decisions 2016/17

Postby Jumby on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:08 pm

Right, let's get one thing straight first, Mings did not stamp on Ibrahimovic's head, he jumped over him and at worst trod on the side of his head, causing minimal pain and discomfort, although I still firmly believe the whole thing was completely unintentional and I don't think Mings is that sort or person or player. 5 match ban.

Ibrahimovic deliberately swings his elbow with force into the face of Mings. Now that could have fractured an eye socket, cheekbone, knocked out teeth and there is absolutely no doubting that he meant it. 3 match ban.

Football is f**ked if it carries on this way.
Jumby

Postby beckton on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:21 pm

fmgod wrote:So something that was accidental five games, a premidated disgusting elbow three games, logic, big club favoured again, if I was Mings and Bouremouth I'd be fuming as I think he would be facing no ban at all.

It just feels like a political decision to placate Man U. Only Mings knows if it was deliberate, no one else can tell and it seems the people that made the decision didn't take into consideration whether it was accidental or not in banning him. Barmy. :P
beckton

Postby DDHammer on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:34 pm

What Mings did looked nasty in real time and even more deliberate in slow motion regardless of who the opponent was. Doesn't really help Man United Mings missing the Liverpool game.
DDHammer

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Fifa bans Ghanaian referee for life.

Ghanaian referee Joseph Lamptey has been banned for life by Fifa for what it calls "match manipulation".

The ban results from a penalty he awarded to South Africa in a 2-1 win over Senegal in a 2018 World Cup qualifier in November.

He penalised Kalidou Koulibaly for handball, but replays showed the ball hit his knee.

Football's world governing body says it will give more details "once the decision becomes final and binding".

more on BBC website...
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby sanchoz on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:59 am

Referee Keith Stroud has apologised after his mistake cost Newcastle the chance to retake a penalty against Burton in Wednesday's Championship game.

Stroud awarded Burton a free-kick after ruling Dwight Gayle had encroached beyond the 18-yard line before Matt Ritchie's successful spot-kick.

But an indirect free-kick is awarded for attacking encroachment only if the penalty is missed, and the spot-kick should instead have been retaken in accordance with football's Law 14.

A statement from the Professional Game Match Officials Limited later admitted Stroud and his assistants had made a mistake.

It read: "In this evening's EFL Championship game between Newcastle United and Burton Albion, referee Keith Stroud awarded Newcastle a penalty in the 29th minute.

"As Matt Ritchie took the kick, Dwight Gayle encroached in the penalty area. An indirect free-kick was awarded to Burton, but the Laws of the Game state that that the penalty kick should have been retaken.

"Unfortunately the referee has misapplied the Law. Keith and his team are understandably upset at the lapse in concentration and apologise for the mistake."

Newcastle went on to win the game 1-0, Ritchie scoring a second-half goal.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... alty-gaffe
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Previous

Return to General Discussion