The Sam Byram thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: The Sam Byram thread

Postby HammerMan2004 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:09 pm

mumbles87 wrote:defo needs replacing soon.. he has lost his way since his england call up

He lost his way after that knee injury in preseason. Haven't seen him anywhere near as committed since then.
HammerMan2004

Postby hawkins_hammer on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:10 pm

Counter attack for the goal aside, all Palace's attacks came down our right, with Zaha trying to make things happen and taking on players. On the other side Townsend continued to run sideways, not getting tackled but not going forwards either, as Cresswell shepherded him out of harms way, usually through a backwards pass. Sometimes stats don't tell the story.
hawkins_hammer

Postby Iron Alex on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:13 pm

I thought he had a good game last night. Gave us balance and fresh legs in an ageing team. Keep it up Sam :thup:
Iron Alex

Postby sutts07 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:21 pm

Burnley Hammer wrote:Some of his stats from last nights game:

6 successful tackles - highest amount in the team.
79 touches - highest in the team.

Not questioning these, but find it amazing on reflection that Noble didn't make 6 or more tackles. Had you asked me before sharing this stat, I'd have guessed he made at least 10!

Same goes for touches, I can't believe anyone from either side had more touches of the ball than Noble.

That said, a lot of the game was played down Byram's side due to the reliance on Zaha for Palace (ironic considering their goal came from the one good attack they had on the other wing).
sutts07

Postby StackerJJ on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:28 pm

hawkins_hammer wrote:Counter attack for the goal aside, all Palace's attacks came down our right, with Zaha trying to make things happen and taking on players. On the other side Townsend continued to run sideways, not getting tackled but not going forwards either, as Cresswell shepherded him out of harms way, usually through a backwards pass. Sometimes stats don't tell the story.

When we had Payet all of our attacks were from the left side, players give the ball to the most dangerous player and Zaha is that for Palace, regardless of what happened Zaha was always going to get more of the ball as he's there best player. Its no coincidence.

Also the goal was an assist from Townsend, Zaha didn't really affect the game last night in my opinion.
StackerJJ

Postby hadleighhammer on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:52 pm

hawkins_hammer wrote:Counter attack for the goal aside, all Palace's attacks came down our right, with Zaha trying to make things happen and taking on players. On the other side Townsend continued to run sideways, not getting tackled but not going forwards either, as Cresswell shepherded him out of harms way, usually through a backwards pass. Sometimes stats don't tell the story.

Even more credit to Byram then as Zaha did practically **** all with that possession as the focus of their attacks.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Postby -DL- on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:44 pm

Gone to Forest on loan for the season.

Good luck Sam :thup:
-DL-
Match thread guru

Postby somerset-hammer on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Good luck kid, I hope you improve and come back, or earn yourself a permanent move.

All the best.
somerset-hammer

Postby hammerman11 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:08 am

has some talent but not enough for a top 8 side that we aspire to be and more.
fast but injury prone and picks up too many yellow cards

wish him well at forest and hope he signs for them next summer for a fee around 5m
hammerman11

Postby Ercans on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:30 am

Got all the tools needed to do well in the Prem. Seemed to melt it though for us as soon as he reached the final third like all his confidence drained as soon as he had to apply the final ball or finish. No doubt not helped by his injuries and not getting a run in a settled side.

Hopefully a loan to Champ gives him that confidence and his injuries clear up. Could challenge for RB slot next year with Fredricks when presumably Zaba moves on.

Good luck. Glad its not a perm.

:crest:
Ercans

Previous

Return to General Discussion