Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

Postby Westbourne Bill on Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:31 pm

pezza20 wrote:and in other news - Brady spends just 45 minutes with Khan, despite the list potentially being a number of key points that surely would have taken longer than 45 minutes to discuss ... I suggest Khan just wanted reassurances from the Tory that security was in plkace for the next 'riot' .....

He was probably still seething at her false statement that the stewarding budget had been cut. Did she retract it as he’d requested?
Westbourne Bill

Postby AlfieG on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:30 am

I see the witch is talking about cheating today in her crap comment column in the Sun......

Cheating in any sport is distasteful apparently....

Well, she should know all about how to mug people off shouldnt she, shes an expert.... :thdn:
AlfieG

Postby Hammer.CA on Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:39 am

AlfieG wrote:I see the witch is talking about cheating today in her crap comment column in the Sun......

Cheating in any sport is distasteful apparently....

Well, she should know all about how to mug people off shouldnt she, shes an expert.... :thdn:

Does she say if it's just sport where cheating is distasteful? Priceless.
Hammer.CA

Postby richneal on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:15 am

richneal wrote:1. Millionaire's daughter done good $$$$ - Nepotism: how did daddy's little girl somehow takes advantage of the wealth she was born into?
Up the Junction wrote:Isn't that a bit passe, insult-wise these days? If you bought a reasonably large house in the 80s and stayed there you won't be far off being a mil-yun-air without any other capital to speak of.

Passé? Au contraire. Nepotism has never been more a la mode. Au courant, n'est-ce pas?
Take a gander at the following hard-working folks who got diddly squat from pater and clearly earned everything they have from elbow grease alone:

I’m the hardest working person I know” D Trump

People will always have a go, saying I've been born with a silver spoon in my mouth, but I work harder than just about anyone I know" Jack Sullivan

I’ve worked hard to get where I am today” K Brady

Funny how everyone who's old man is a multi-millionaire feels the need to constantly remind us that they work hard. Feel free to call me Malcolm Gladwell, Chomsky or Marx, but it’s not just wealth, it’s access to pater’s social circle and business contacts that grease the wheels of opportunity for wealth - hence my original comment above. I've no doubt that Ms Brady continues to work her a*** off, but let's remember that she capitalised on the old man and got one of his largest clients - a Mr D Sullivan - to spend £2 million on six months of advertising. As I said, millionaire's daughter done good . . . how surprising . . .

I won't go into the five thousand words necessary to suggest that Ms Brady evades both challenging questions and responsibility, but since you'll be chatting with her next why don't you ask her about the shortcomings she allegedly negotiated into the running track contract:

What has been your biggest achievement?
"Winning the 2012 Olympic stadium as the new venue for West Ham United. It was legally very challenging and I negotiated every line of the contract myself. There are lots of beautiful stadiums but only one Olympic stadium and it was life-changing."

My bet is that she'll both evade your question and responsibility for that horribly vindictive contract. Remind her of the source of the statement and see if she remembers making it or if it's yet another example of a Daily Mail online fairy tale in quotes (quite possible, even from the bastion of journalistic integrity that is the Mail). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-3081686/Karren-Brady-says-going-boarding-school-run-nuns-Dickensian.html#ixzz5Bm8njrc8

You can also remind her of this
I can’t stand people who say one thing and do another.
http://www.karrenbrady.com/my-blog/rules-for-success/

PS I cried for a week when you described my insult as passé. Anyhow, gotta run, I'm off to my next Tooting Popular Front meeting . . .
richneal

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.

Postby AlfieG on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:36 pm

:thup:

Well said that man.
AlfieG

Postby IABATAC on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Can't take credit for coining the following but it's very apt: born 3 nil up and walk around like they've scored a hattrick......
IABATAC

Postby Samba on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:28 am

IABATAC wrote:Can't take credit for coining the following but it's very apt: born 3 nil up and walk around like they've scored a hattrick......

I like that!
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby Samba on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:33 am

Samba wrote:KB & massive boners.Is that an oxymoron?

Rio wrote:No. It’s a board meeting. If Sully has stilts

:D
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby Doc H Ball on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:59 am

richneal wrote:You can also remind her of this...

And this:

There was the BBC interview in 2016 shortly before our first game in the Olympic stadium. Lady Brady was asked by Trevor Sinclair about the importance of retaining the working class identity of West Ham into the new ground and replied “this stadium offers us a different kind of future”.

https://bracethehammer.sbnation.com/201 ... -unhelpful

Quite ironic given recent events.
Doc H Ball

Postby the pink palermo on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Can't have nearly a week go by without enquiring as to what value Karren has added to West Ham United this week .

£15k she's cost us since the last post on here .

That's probably more than Declan Rice is getting.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Up the Junction on Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:03 pm

richneal wrote:Funny how everyone who's old man is a multi-millionaire feels the need to constantly remind us that they work hard.

I think most self-made folk will tell you a similar tale, regardless of where they came from. Eg...

“My definition of success? The more you’re actively and practically engaged, the more successful you will feel.” - Richard Branson

“Without the work, the magic won’t come.” - Jay-Z

FWIW I don't read Brady "constantly reminding" us of that (is her father a MULTI-millionaire?) but I'll take your word for it.

richneal wrote:...let's remember that she capitalised on the old man and got one of his largest clients - a Mr D Sullivan - to spend £2 million on six months of advertising. As I said, millionaire's daughter done good . . . how surprising . . .

You're literally criticising her for doing her job. And sounding very bitter at the same time.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Rocket on Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Presumably she'll tell us in her column on Saturday?
Rocket

Postby claretandblue82 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:47 pm

IABATAC wrote:Can't take credit for coining the following but it's very apt: born 3 nil up and walk around like they've scored a hattrick......

The hat trick has now been awarded to Harry Kane.
claretandblue82

Postby Graza on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:04 pm

Up the Junction wrote:You're literally criticising her for doing her job. And sounding very bitter at the same time.

It's not really criticism so much as a balanced fact -
Brady - I pulled in 2m worth of business I'm brilliant
Fact - 2m of business was pulled in from Daddy's client/friend who she knows well and could therefore contact and convince to do the business.

Everyone uses their contacts in business, the silver spoon brigade naturally have more productive contacts.

I'm not saying there was no hard work involved, but if she'd been Karen the out of work steel work from Sheffield's daughter the call probably wouldn't have been taken by Sullivan.

Not to mention the educational opportunities that are afforded some and not others. I'm not saying that none of her success is deserved, but "self made"? Nope. It is the great injustice of capitalism and the reason wealth gets centralized, the better you do the better the opportunities for your kids, the better they do, it creates a virtuous cycle for generational graft. Sometimes without the graft of future generations due to the quantity of wealth owned by a family.

Anyway it's relatively moot, she is not nearly as self made as she presents herself.
Graza

Postby Up the Junction on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Graza wrote:Everyone uses their contacts in business...

Enough said.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Pob! on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:01 pm

I see she has got her own program on ITV now..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6 ... ness-show/
Pob!

Postby Rocketron on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:02 pm

the pink palermo wrote:Can't have nearly a week go by without enquiring as to what value Karren has added to West Ham United this week .

£15k she's cost us since the last post on here .

That's probably more than Declan Rice is getting.

How's that, Pinky?
Rocketron

Postby Rocket on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:14 pm

Her weekly wage, presumably.
Rocket

Postby the pink palermo on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:31 am

^^^^^

Indeed it is , or thereabouts.

An utterly absurd salary given her responsibilities and capabilities .

I doubt there are more than a dozen female executives on UK PLC Boards earning more than her ( which in itself could and probably should be argued is scandalous), but really, Karren Brady, what does she do ?

Seriously, based upon a dreadful migration, an appalling deal with the LLDC and the amount of negative publicity around the club , what on earth does she do that commands such a huge wage ?

How is she still in a job?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Tenbury on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:04 am

A greater imponderable than life itself.
Tenbury

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion