Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

Postby SammyLeeWasOffside on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:20 pm

the pink palermo wrote:Seriously, based upon a dreadful migration, an appalling deal with the LLDC and the amount of negative publicity around the club , what on earth does she do that commands such a huge wage ?

How is she still in a job?

She earns her employer a fortune presumably. Until the LS is half empty then she will argue the move was a good one. It was certainly a good deal for the people deciding her value in salary.
SammyLeeWasOffside

Postby prophet:marginal on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:34 pm

the pink palermo wrote:^^^^^

How is she still in a job?

I'm baffled about why you keep asking this question

Record numbers of

1. STH
2. Purchasers of
(a) grub and booze, and
(b) club shop tat.

Its not rocket science.
prophet:marginal

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Because her job isn't to make life wonderful for the punters, it's to make money for her bosses. Which she does.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby QuintonNimoy on Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:24 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Because her job isn't to make life wonderful for the punters, it's to make money for her bosses. Which she does.

It's not just that, it's also doing it in the way they want - i.e. on the cheap, and an absolute willingness to front and absorb any criticism, and to be completely loyal even if it means being a little loose with the facts - a recent interview posted here a while ago illustrates this as she utters denials of things she demonstrably knows to be true. A lapse in memory no doubt.

Making money is still a matter of competency and I would suggest that this is only 50% of the equation. Total loyalty is the other half, I have no doubt they could get more effective profit makers in place, but would they get someone who has proven such deep and unwavering loyalty to them? No. And she's reaping the rewards.
QuintonNimoy

Postby hammersk on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:10 am

She had dinner with David Dein tonight. Other halves also present.
hammersk

Postby Colours never run on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:07 am

hammersk wrote:She had dinner with David Dein tonight. Other halves also present.

I hope she remembered to show off pictures of the selection of cheeses on the cheese board again.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby brooking_1980 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:40 am

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote:She earns her employer a fortune presumably. Until the LS is half empty then she will argue the move was a good one. It was certainly a good deal for the people deciding her value in salary.

She is, for Sully, the perfect Employee. He could triple her salary and still be quids in. She fronts all the publicity on the move, she got the OS on a pittance rent, she's in the House Of Lords oh so many doors she has opened for Sully..

If the Bowl goes half-empty, she'll say, well I got the ground, I don't get involved in the player purchases.......
brooking_1980

Postby DasNutNock on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:57 am

She’s almost completely bullet-proof in the press, what with her championing women in the workplace or whatever it is she does. Even if she wasn’t making them any coin, she’d be worth keeping on the payroll just for that side of her.
DasNutNock

Postby BondsoBob on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:10 pm

That's a laugh. Her championing g women's rights in the workplace. But she's quite happy to see benefits cut for women (or men) that have to depend on them.
BondsoBob

Postby hammers92 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:13 pm

DasNutNock wrote:She’s almost completely bullet-proof in the press, what with her championing women in the workplace or whatever it is she does. Even if she wasn’t making them any coin, she’d be worth keeping on the payroll just for that side of her.

Bullet proof because the fanbase simmers down after two results. She was under the cosh big time after Burnley
hammers92

Postby Graza on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:43 pm

prophet:marginal wrote:I'm baffled about why you keep asking this question

Record numbers of

1. STH
2. Purchasers of
(a) grub and booze, and
(b) club shop tat.

Its not rocket science.

Anyone not able to achieve this with a club our size and a stadium twice as big as it was before would be beyond blindingly incompetent.
Graza

Postby prophet:marginal on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:29 am

I agree, but only really to a point.

We all like a moan up on here - and in my view, a lot of the complaining is perfectly reasonable - but the disaffection doesn't translate into poor crowds, through the turnstiles, at the bars, concessions, or the hideous club shops.

So long as the money keeps rolling in, the local taxi services won't be called upon.

Postby DasNutNock on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:29 am

BondsoBob wrote:That's a laugh. Her championing g women's rights in the workplace. But she's quite happy to see benefits cut for women (or men) that have to depend on them.

She doesn't give a f*** about anyone other than herself. That she's tricked the press into perceiving her as some sort of latter day Emily Pankhurst is quite an achievement, albeit hardly rare in this era of fake news, misinformation & lies.
DasNutNock

Postby DasNutNock on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:31 am

hammers92 wrote:She was under the cosh big time after Burnley

With the fans, for sure, and even some sections of the popular media were starting to ask questions about her stewardship. But the majority still view her as a real achiever, battling the evil forces of entrenched patriarchy. That it's complete balls is almost unimportant, winning the PR war is pretty much everything to her.
DasNutNock

Postby thespider on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:36 am

Hang on, does she actually think she's a figure for feminism and gender equality?!

She works for David Sullivan :D
thespider

Postby taffhammer on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:09 pm

Record numbers of

1. STH
2. Purchasers of
(a) grub and booze, and
(b) club shop tat.

Its not rocket science.

Your quite right but do you ever think her employers maybe doubt she's all that when surrounded in their directors box ?
taffhammer

Postby NorthBankAlliance on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:18 pm

Record numbers of

1. STH
2. Purchasers of
(a) grub and booze, and
(b) club shop tat.

Its not rocket science.

The amount of "grub & booze" doesn't really effect West Ham's takings does it?

Also the amount of club shop tat sold last season, considering the increase in attendances, was actually fairly pitiful...
NorthBankAlliance

Postby prophet:marginal on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:29 pm

taffhammer wrote:
Your quite right but do you ever think her employers maybe doubt she's all that when surrounded in their directors box ?

I don't imagine they blame her for any of that, to be honest.

Postby prophet:marginal on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:31 pm

NorthBankAlliance wrote:
The amount of "grub & booze" doesn't really effect West Ham's takings does it?

Also the amount of club shop tat sold last season, considering the increase in attendances, was actually fairly pitiful...

I noted 'purchasers' of the stuff, not takings from it.

She's part of their inner circle - has been for donkeys.

They won't be firing her any time soon. Utterly wishful thinking to even imagine otherwise.

Postby taffhammer on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:02 pm

prophet:marginal wrote:
I don't imagine they blame her for any of that, to be honest.

Well thats an interesting point, i think they do ( i don't see how they can't, they aren't ever going to blame themselves ) but she's worked herself into a place where they can't get rid.
taffhammer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion