Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

Postby the pink palermo on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:22 am

It's clear the stadium migration has been a complete fiasco , too many supporters are offering disgruntled comments , too much heated argument is going on around what is supposed to be 90 minutes of relaxation on a Saturday afternoon .

Irrespective of job title - Vice Chair was always a fudge due to her appointment at the same time Scott Duxbury was still on the payroll - Karren Brady is the clubs CEO .She runs the show day to day , recruits the senior executives, sets the standards and when things go well, claims the credit, and the bonuses .Surely when things go wrong there has to be a penalty .

Regardless of whatever she may have achieved for the clubs shareholders in the past - and that's a whole debate in itself - somebody must take responsibility for the fiasco .

Let's not have some poor sop like Angus Kinnear carrying the can, most of us can see where the real responsibility lays . It's possible that he may be the right person to replace her , or it may be the club needs to cast it's net wider for a credible candidate , someone with a more robust CV than the current incumbent, that's for sure .

Taxi for Karren ?

I think it's all Uber ......time for her to go .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Re: Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

Postby Colours never run on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:31 am

Whoever brokered the deal to get the Stadium and agreeing to divvying out out-sourced contracts on things as important as health and safety and being in charge of the seating arrangements and migration policy in general that's caused fights, arrests, bans, ill feeling towards the Club, kids crying and feeling scared should bite the bullet and get the sack.

If Mannygate led to one of our staff Secretary's eventually being let go (if memory serves me right?) for what was a minor admin error by comparison, I think this whole fiasco is also a sackable offence.

I'm led to believe it's Lady Brady and if so, she should go.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Knighter10WHU on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:36 am

All very academical because I don't believe the Dave's would ever see their prized asset get the sack.
Knighter10WHU

Postby simonirons on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:39 am

Theres no way the 2 Daves will let here go. - Not in a million.
simonirons

Postby Monkeybubbles on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:40 am

The people are upset. But look at all the lovely money. Great job Karren!

Also, she must know the ins and outs of every deal, dodgy or not, that D&S have done. She's unsackable.
Monkeybubbles

Postby ereford ammer on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:42 am

Knighter10WHU wrote:All very academical because I don't believe the Dave's would ever see their prized asset get the sack.

Unfortunately I am sure you are right. The two spivs will support her irrespective of the embarassment she causes.
ereford ammer

Postby Colours never run on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:44 am

I wouldn't be so sure, if they believed they had good grounds to do it on. They both enjoyed a close working relationship and long friendship with Barry Fry once, but ultimately he got the sack for not doing his job properly and still they managed to remain friends after. Everyone knows this isn't her long term aspiration, as she's much better than us.

Business is business end of the day and sentiment ranks low amongst other things deemed more important within a business, if they think it's suffering.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:48 am

simonirons wrote:Theres no way the 2 Daves will let here go. - Not in a million.

This. She's not the one who sets the objectives. She's employed to achieve the objectives her bosses set for her. And all the time she acts as a deflector and sponge for flak that would otherwise hit its rightful target, well targets actually.

I can't stand the woman but she's perfectly in keeping with our board and in tune with it.

Taxi for the Daves? Or even better - taxi for the Daves and Karen. I like. Won't happen though. It's more likely to be taxis for the 1,000s of us who have finally had enough or are close to that point.
Last edited by DaveWHU1964 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaveWHU1964

Postby Staffordiron on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:48 am

What I'd personally respect more than anything is for her and the club to come out and say, ok actually we haven't handled this perfectly, there are some serious issues both safety wise and logistical wide that we urgently need to fix. This is the immediate, mid term and long term plans to fix these problems.
Staffordiron

Postby sanchoz on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:49 am

Colours never run wrote:I wouldn't be so sure, if they believed they had good grounds to do it on. They both enjoyed a close working relationship and long friendship with Barry Fry once, but ultimately he got the sack for not doing his job properly and still they managed to remain friends after. Everyone knows this isn't her long term aspiration, as she's much better than us.

Business is business end of the day and sentiment ranks low amongst other things deemed more important within a business, if they think it's suffering.

She has delivered what she was tasked to deliver (The Olympic Stadium) and was rewarded was a £1m bonus. What else is there for her to achieve at WHUFC?
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby fmgod on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:53 am

On a club side she has done her job really well, got us the massive stadium for shirt buttons and filled it, massive profit on a personal level then don't like her but she's done her job superbly.
fmgod

Postby Rays Rock on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:58 am

A taxi should be ordered for her, but I'm afraid as others have said, it won't come.

The main problem is this woman sees herself as being so powerful due to the fact that she is totally unchallenged at boardroom levels for many years.
Yes, I get the fact that she has made her way through a male environment, which is admirable, but that is her one trick. And uses it well in her favour. All this First Lady of football and First Lady of business lark is self agrandising bollox. I see her as no more than an arrogant bully, if she were a man acting in this fashion no one would put up with her. The media would have hung them out to dry a long long time ago.

Effectively, all her professional life she has worked for the daves, they clearly love her, and why shouldn't they !
I'm unaware of any business' that she has successfully run from Scratch, to being a dominant force in the world of business.
Rays Rock

Postby Hammerite on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:03 am

Twist (then shout) :scarfer:
Hammerite

Postby Wembley1966 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:05 am

sanchoz wrote:She has delivered what she was tasked to deliver (The Olympic Stadium) and was rewarded was a £1m bonus. What else is there for her to achieve at WHUFC?

She hasn't delivered it, in the manner that would have been expected and definitely not in the manner of the "greatest stadium migration, ever!"

Every day we are headlines in the papers, TV, radio and web for the things that she was tasked to deliver and hasn't. Was her bonus for getting the Club's name mentioned everywhere - any publicity is good publicity!.

No contrition from her at all - just threatening to ban anyone that causes problems that should never had the opportunity to arise in the first place.
Wembley1966

Postby sanchoz on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:08 am

Wembley1966 wrote:She hasn't delivered it, in the manner that would have been expected and definitely not in the manner of the "greatest stadium migration, ever!"

Every day we are headlines in the papers, TV, radio and web for the things that she was tasked to deliver and hasn't. Was her bonus for getting the Club's name mentioned everywhere - any publicity is good publicity!.

No contrition from her at all - just threatening to ban anyone that causes problems that should never had the opportunity to arise in the first place.

I mean in the sense of the contract to the 99 year lease was signed and sealed. WHU moved and its the "greatest migration ever". The minor things like details after the fact can be left to someone else as Karren achieved her goal.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby szola on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:10 am

the pink palermo wrote: It's clear the stadium migration has been a complete fiasco.

the pink palermo wrote:Taxi for Karren ? I think it's all Uber ......time for her to go.

I know you don't like her, think most of us know you're opinion of her.

Since she's the CEO or MD or whatever title you want to give her, Baroness Brady should be judged on much more that just how the first few weeks of an unprecedented relocation has gone.

Has the club changed for the better since she took over? You've read the books, you've seen the changes. Apart from the migration, in what state is WHUFC off-field?

If she goes, imo, the Davids will follow. They are separate, they are one.
szola

Postby Hammerite on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:11 am

Would love to see her consistently singled out for some match day 'constructive criticism' for a few weeks/months.

Might bring her back down to earth (hopefully with a bump).
Hammerite

Postby claretandblue82 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:12 am

I was going to start a thread about her time been up but I thought it would get locked before it got anywhere.

Anyway definitely time for her to go! She doesn't give a **** about the fans just targets to meet to get her bonus. I hated her before she even joined the club. The booing she got was deserved and can **** off now back to where she crawled from.

Brady out!!
claretandblue82

Postby Colours never run on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:13 am

She's managed to alienate her customers to the point they are throwing fists at one another. And when someone tries to break them up, there's no old bill or stewards under the Clubs control to put a stop to it. She was the one that took part in negotiating the terms of the deal which gave up our right of the Stewarding and Security regarding old bill (that she's only now ironically demands because she fears for her own safety).

Putting it another way, if she watched over someone else who heavily contributed to all this mess, I'm sure she wouldn't hesitate in saying, you're fired.. And she hasn't even got the excuse she's an apprentice cutting her teeth.
Last edited by Colours never run on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Colours never run

Postby irving boleyn on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:14 am

Small hiccups for which she should be given time to sort out.

There'd be none of this harumphing if we'd been winning our games.
irving boleyn

Next

Return to General Discussion