Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

Postby brothernero on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:42 pm

The Sherriff wrote:There are very few people in this world I genuinely hate, three of them run my football club sadly.

:thup:

If I said I hated all three with a passion I would be underselling that hatred.
brothernero

Postby Diogenes on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:41 pm

No. Personally, I think she is a very good businesswoman and I certainly would employ her in one of my businesses. Is she a West Ham supporter? Certainly not, however I would not see that as a prerequisite to run the business. Unlike Sullivan, she does front up to the public even if you disagree with her views. She is an employee of G&S and as such has done a sterling job both here and at Birmingham. She works in a very male orientated profession and has succeeded against those odds where many would have caved in. I admire that. This is obviously a 'dispassionate' view without my claret and blue specs on.
Diogenes

Postby szola on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Out of interest, apart from drawing attention away from the owners, what has she achieved at West Ham?
szola

Postby brothernero on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:06 pm

"has done a sterling job both here and at Birmingham"

I could do with a right good laugh, so go on please do explain how she has done such a sterling job?

This should be good. :lol:
brothernero

Postby Coops on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 pm

szola wrote:Out of interest, apart from drawing attention away from the owners, what has she achieved at West Ham?

Overseen the greatest migration in the history of football.
Coops

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:47 pm

Diogenes wrote:No.

Yes.
DaveWHU1964

Postby Kialos on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:08 am

You have to actually be a businesswomen in the first place to be lauded as a very good one.

If you want an example of what makes a very good businesswomen you need look no further than Vanessa and Jacqueline Gold and how they built up Ann Summers from a failing seedy chain of shops to High Street acceptance with a thriving part plan business model. They run the show, they are not answering to anyone like Brady has to.

She is someone who is articulate and has presence. She talks a very good game and has trumpet blowing down to a fine art, but drill down a bit further and it is just a load of puff. The migration has shown how limited she is. She has not had to fight her way up as a woman in a male dominated world on merit, that is just a load of codswallop. Her millionaire father is/was a business associate of David Sullivan. If she was Karen Smith from Hendon she would not have had a look in.

She is not an inspirational role model to women, she comes across as a bit of a scheming workplace bully if anything. Any old fool can make savings by indiscriminately cutting costs. It works for a while but it is not a sustainable long term model. You have to have the ability to grow income not just reduce costs.

I'd be interested to see how the corporate revenue stacks up once people are out of their 3 season lock in. That was her project as well. I suspect a few wont be renewing.
Kialos

Postby 1mcavennie on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:44 am

Absolutely bang on Kialos
1mcavennie

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:56 am

claretandblue82 wrote:If ever a face needs a slap, this is it!

Being like queuing for cup final tickets!! 8-)
westham,eggyandchips

Postby the pink palermo on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:18 am

Kialos :thup:

The counter argument in terms of her credentials is as the de facto CEO her job is to enhance shareholder value .

Undeniably she was part of a team that achieved that at Birmingham City , and arguably the same could be said for their time at WHU .

In both cases though it has been achieved to the long term detriment of the businesses they have been running .

In that context she couldn't be further away from the Arsenal model she so yearns to emulate if she tried .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby last.caress on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:39 am

Kialos, bang on as ever. :thup:
last.caress
Extreme w*nker

Location: Se incontri L'ultima.carezza, prega per la tua morte.

Postby Wembley1966 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:04 am

Kialos :thup:

Carlton Cole's added far more in shareholder value than she has.

The real increase in shareholder value has come through being in the Premier League and the substantial increase in broadcasting revenues that have increased the balance sheets of its participating clubs. I've not seen much from her that has helped in that regard - but seen a few things that haven't. I suspect that she had most to do with the screwing up of a replacement for Avram with her gossiping about Martin O'Neill:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1348074/West-Ham-stick-Avram-Grant-Martin-ONeill-says-no.html#ixzz4vN7OAS7f
O'Neill had been mulling over whether to take over at the Barclays Premier League's bottom team for the past couple of weeks but told the Hammers' owners on Monday that he was turning down their offer, leaving the club's hierarchy - in particular Karren Brady - to pick up the pieces.

The pursuit of O'Neill has turned into a massive PR own goal for Brady and the club's owners, not least because of the shabby treatment Grant has received in the process. He has gained the sympathy and support of players, peers and from within the wider football community.

Carlton, although an ex-employee still talks passionately about us - she won't even mention us on her Twitter bio and certainly doesn't show anything related to us on her 'social feed' on the front-page of her website.

As I'm mentioning him - a belated Happy Birthday for yesterday:
Wembley1966

Postby ereford ammer on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:28 am

Belated birthday wishes Sir Carlton :raver:
ereford ammer

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:43 am

G&S are worse than Brady.

They are employing her, paying her to instigate a lot of this.

The blame is solely at their door IMO.

Although saying that, I do despise Brady far more than the Dildo bros. Hate her ****ing smug piggy face.
LincolnshireHammer

Postby somerset-hammer on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:01 am

somerset-hammer

Postby Hammer.CA on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:49 am

I'm under the impression that she hasn't actually invested any of her own money in the club, if that is the case then every supporter on here has put more money on to West Ham than she ever has and yet she keeps spouting this "my club" nonsense.
Hammer.CA

Postby claretandblue82 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:00 am

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
claretandblue82

Postby CentenaryUpperHammer on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:34 pm

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
CentenaryUpperHammer

Postby Up the Junction on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:40 pm

Ok, enough's enough.

Critical comment regarding WHU's vice chair is perfectly fine but vile, personal abuse, misogynistic or otherwise, most certainly is not. Especially when referencing the subject's children, which has led to one member being suspended this morning.

Please think before posting.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Big George on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:59 pm

:thup:
Up the Junction wrote:Ok, enough's enough.

Critical comment regarding WHU's vice chair is perfectly fine but vile, personal abuse, misogynistic or otherwise, most certainly is not. Especially when referencing the subject's children, which has led to one member being suspended this morning.

Please think before posting.
Big George

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion