Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

Postby Eggs'n'nuts on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:10 pm

As always Pinky, bang on the money (and you wonder why she's wary of you).

I think the yardstick with her will be when all three of them finally f**k off, the dynamic duo shuffle off this mortal coil, leaving her to sort herself out from there on. Let's see how many large corporations headhunt her for her past "skills" and CV then.
Last edited by Eggs'n'nuts on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eggs'n'nuts

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:56 pm

^^^^ Kaz and Dec?
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Skandi Brudson on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:53 pm

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:As always Pinky, bang on the money (and you wonder why she's wary of you).

I think the yardstick with her will be when all three of them finally f**k off, the dynamic duo shuffle off this mortal coil, leaving her to sort herself out from there on. Let's see how many largecorporations headhunt her for her past "skills" and CV then.

I think she’s wary of him because he’s got a massive boner for her
Skandi Brudson

Postby the pink palermo on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:16 pm

Skandi Brudson wrote:I think she’s wary of him because he’s got a massive boner for her

Actually, neither are true.

My resistance to objectifying women is such that when people mention Jordan, I immediately think of

and not

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby PrawnSandwich on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:10 am

Bit heavy in the thigh though...
PrawnSandwich

Postby Upton Carp on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:26 am

This comment was removed by a moderator because it was off-topic. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Upton Carp

Postby The Head of Brooking on Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Up the Junction wrote:What message is Hattenstone's article "getting out there"?

He set's up the question:

The embattled West Ham CEO and Apprentice star says she is a champion of women’s rights. So why is she happy to work with men who are notorious for undermining them?

and for me his answers seem to be:

• She lies (mis-remembers in the current in vogue language)
  • She fails to act as she says others should
  • She's not a champion of women's rights, she's a champion of Karren Brady

Call me old fashioned, but for me honesty and integrity are two qualities a leader should have, or at the very least be smart enough not to be constantly caught lacking those values. She's told some of the lies so often I think she really believes them (how else can the leaving school without qualification comment be explained)

It's a hatchet job, but as PP states, she left herself open to it.
The Head of Brooking

Postby bondsbootlaces on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:30 pm

Boooogers! wrote:She’s acheived exactly what her bosses expect of her as evidenced by her very competitive salary and generous performance related bonuses. Some would consider that acheivment in the workplace... A lot of people’s opinions and comments on here are clouded by hatred for the woman, but you can’t really argue that she has been unsuccesful in doing the bidding of those who pay her wages.

I agree some would see the pay and bonus as succes in their field. However, anyone I know in client facing or senior roles see the alienation of customers and clients as a cardinal sin. Karren Brady is guilty of that in the way she lies about the move and how she was named as the reason we couldn’t buy a player in January.

The way she has assumed roles and dictates how she is a leader also grates. A leader, leads. Following instruction that is going to fail isn’t leading. Convincing those making those orders to see that it is erroneous whilst also showing the backing of others and leading the changes in a positive way is leadership.

The hatred towards Brady isn’t just because she’s Karren Brady. It’s her actions, her lies and her incompetence in the role she fulfills. That ire is deserved, had it been anyone else the hatred would be the same.

As Pinky has said, the directorships she holds are not consistent with the profile she exudes and encourages. I am all for equal pay for equal work, people who excel can be rewarded in a bonus man or woman. In all honesty if a member of the board where you worked alienated customers and clients to such an extent that Brady has would they still be employed?
bondsbootlaces

Postby Colours never run on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:30 am

Stumbled across this gem of a meeting back in 2013. One particular mention for Eastbourne Hammer at 18:15s in.. 8-)

https://youtu.be/2RmdC8cLwXk

"That disabled fans won't be moved around from 1 part of the Stadium to another?"

KB "I can give you absolute assurance of that"

Boy does she know how to lie through her teeth as well as duck, dodge and weave straight forward questions. But they don't lie, oh no.

Umm, Selhurst Park groundshare or did I dream that up? And allowing Charlton a short stay with us.

I'm still reeling after discovering she currently values the Club at £800 million pounds too! :lol:
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby EvilC on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:50 am

CNR - good work.
EvilC

Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...

Postby IronworksDave on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:17 am

Question - "disabled fans won't be moved around from 1 part of the Stadium to another?"

KB - "I can give you absolute assurance of that"

She can't, nobody could, not unless she can read the future ... no competent VP ever gives "absolute assurances" when they can come back and bite you ... it's just incompetence for someone at her level to do so ....
IronworksDave

Postby Colours never run on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:23 am

Thing is, she probably could (I say probably as we will never know who is actually in control of what order at make believe world) by never agreeing to them being moved but they're making a conscious decision to go through with this ill thought out plan by making a choice to do so.

Everyone has choices to make in life, it's just about how best to avoid making so many **** ups that counts. She can have that little motivational quote on the house if she likes to use at her next paid up speech.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Wembley1966 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:33 am

From CNR's find. She's saying it through gritted teeth - you can see she's lying!:

Wembley1966

Postby Colours never run on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:38 am

She's even got a pearler about the naming rights all going to LLDC but wasn't it revealed once we moved in we'd get a small percentage of naming rights? I could have that wrong and more to do with Betway but I thought it centred around naming rights of the stadium.
Colours never run

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:45 am

Thing is, the more people complain, the more it just feeds her carefully-crafted narrative about being a strong successful woman, making it big in the world despite being held back by awful, sexist men.
DasNutNock

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:45 am

Colours never run wrote:I'm still reeling after discovering she currently values the Club at £800 million pounds too! :lol:

Wait. What? Is that true? She actually made that claim?

EDIT "Karren is CEO of West Ham United Football Club, one of the leading London Premier League football clubs and currently valued at £800,000,000"

One or two slightly contentious points there...
Last edited by DasNutNock on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
DasNutNock

Postby Colours never run on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:50 am

DasNutNock wrote:Wait. What? Is that true? She actually made that claim?

http://www.karrenbrady.com/biography/
Colours never run

Postby Colours never run on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:55 am

DasNutNock wrote:
EDIT "Karren is CEO of West Ham United Football Club, one of the leading London Premier League football clubs and currently valued at £800,000,000"

One or two slightly contentious points there...

Give it just a couple more weeks and she may well have to re-edit to say..

Karren is the former CEO of West Ham United Football Club, one of the London Championship football clubs and currently in debt to the tune of £45,000,000 at the London Stadium.
Colours never run

Postby Samba on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:50 pm

KB & massive boners.
Is that an oxymoron?
Samba

Postby Rio on Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:25 pm

Samba wrote:KB & massive boners.
Is that an oxymoron?

No. It’s a board meeting. If Sully has stilts
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here