Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

Postby swash on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:04 pm

The woman is a genius, I watched her new program this morning,and I now know, that you shouldn't take business advice from a medium, you shouldn't fund your business via online poker, and that £70 is a lot of money for a mug.
swash

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:05 pm

Graza wrote:When was our last piece of positive PR?

I didn't say the club - I meant her. She is a walking PR dream, and the Beeb and other major news outlets have lapped it up. The fact that she's largely incompetent and her career was built on nepotism appears not to matter. She is able to deflect the vast majority of anything negative that comes her way. Which means she can operate with almost complete impunity as Vice Chair without getting any way near the kicking in the press that a man would expect to get.
DasNutNock

Postby Graza on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:17 pm

DasNutNock wrote:I didn't say the club - I meant her. She is a walking PR dream, and the Beeb and other major news outlets have lapped it up. The fact that she's largely incompetent and her career was built on nepotism appears not to matter. She is able to deflect the vast majority of anything negative that comes her way. Which means she can operate with almost complete impunity as Vice Chair without getting any way near the kicking in the press that a man would expect to get.

Oh for the cult of personality she believes she has around her yeah total dream. She doesn't even need good PR, being slated for utter incompetence is spun into good PR by the driveling simpletons in news corps who just want a bit of reflected glory. Even if that glory doesn't exist.
Graza

Postby Up the Junction on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:10 pm

Brady will almost certainly have been contracted to push that tweet out last night. A storm in a teacup in comparison to everything else. How many Monday night games do we have per season?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Row X on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:24 pm

Up the Junction wrote:Brady will almost certainly have been contracted to push that tweet out last night. A storm in a teacup in comparison to everything else. How many Monday night games do we have per season?

It's the timing of it though.... 17 minutes before our Kick Off in a massive game for us at the wrong end of the table.

She could have sent her 'contractual tweet' at any time during the day, and all she had to do was put something like the following:

'My new show, Give It Year, is on ITV tonight at 8pm. If you're not watching the West Ham game like me, I hope you watch it and enjoy it'
Row X

Postby Sloop John B on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:30 pm

Row X wrote:It's the timing of it though.... 17 minutes before our Kick Off in a massive game for us at the wrong end of the table.

She could have sent her 'contractual tweet' at any time during the day, and all she had to do was put something like the following:

'My new show, Give It Year, is on ITV tonight at 8pm. If you're not watching the West Ham game like me, I hope you watch it and enjoy it'

Seriously ...what difference does it make?
Sloop John B
The voice of reason

Postby DM on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:48 pm

Storm in a teacup, but some of those tweets are f*cking funny! :scarfer:
DM

Postby Miles Standish Proud on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:54 pm

Brady is the star of the show, she could easily have negotiated contract that did not have the requirement to tweet at that time. She negotiated the deal of the century after all.
The point is she either didn't realise the gaffe or it didn't bother her. This issue may indeed by a storm in a teacup but it is another example - if it were needed - that Karren Brady has about as much emotional attachment to the club as I do to a bowel movement before I flush it away.
Miles Standish Proud

Postby Graza on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Up the Junction wrote:Brady will almost certainly have been contracted to push that tweet out last night. A storm in a teacup in comparison to everything else. How many Monday night games do we have per season?

All true, but it's this on top of everything else rather than in isolation.
Graza

Postby SammyLeeWasOffside on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:36 pm

West ham is her job not her passion (that appears to be herself). Why anyone thinks she does, or indeed should, give a monkeys is baffling.

Possibly the only interesting bit of this (for those who think he is sullivans mouthpiece) was that jim white was happy to dig her for the tweet.
SammyLeeWasOffside

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:33 pm

Maybe the million sovs or so we pay her is loads less than the t.v folks pay her but Shirley she should put forth some kind of effort
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby sanchoz on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:12 am

On the KUMB home page "5 Years Ago" News Article:

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126791
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Miles Standish Proud on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:52 am

Decent stadium there, Sanch. When do we move in?
Miles Standish Proud

Postby Miles Standish Proud on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:11 am

Lest we forget:

"When I came to West Ham in January 2010, and embarked on a journey for the Olympic Stadium for West Ham, I had two things in mind. One that it absolutely had to be a world class football stadium and secondly our fixtures will always have priority over anything and everything else that happened in that stadium.

"When I said you could trust us, that we will deliver a world class stadium, where the seats were close to the pitch, where there was a roof that covered those seats, that provide us with the opportunity to be in one of the best stadias in the world I think and hope now that you can see that you could trust us and you knew you could trust us.

"Moving to a world class stadium…gives us a real chance to grow our business commercially and why would we do that? We would do that so we can provide on the pitch the best team possible for our manager to go out there and win things for all of us. That’s our ambition - world class stadium with a world class team.

"Through the commercial opportunities afforded to us by going to the Olympic Stadium, that money…can be invested in the team so the team and the stadium are a powerful mix of the best football has to offer in the UK."

How is this woman still in a job?
Miles Standish Proud

Postby S-H on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:14 am

Reading it, hearing her voice in my head, it boils my piss!

What a lying ****ing **** she is!
S-H

Postby sicknote on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:58 am

Miles Standish Proud wrote:Lest we forget:

"When I came to West Ham in January 2010, and embarked on a journey for the Olympic Stadium for West Ham, I had two things in mind. One that it absolutely had to be a world class football stadium and secondly our fixtures will always have priority over anything and everything else that happened in that stadium.

"When I said you could trust us, that we will deliver a world class stadium, where the seats were close to the pitch, where there was a roof that covered those seats, that provide us with the opportunity to be in one of the best stadias in the world I think and hope now that you can see that you could trust us and you knew you could trust us.

"Moving to a world class stadium…gives us a real chance to grow our business commercially and why would we do that? We would do that so we can provide on the pitch the best team possible for our manager to go out there and win things for all of us. That’s our ambition - world class stadium with a world class team.

"Through the commercial opportunities afforded to us by going to the Olympic Stadium, that money…can be invested in the team so the team and the stadium are a powerful mix of the best football has to offer in the UK."

How is this woman still in a job?

This highlights their lies and deceit since the uprising of fans from November and the points raised by every person criticising the move, this women and her employers, were not only happy with the configuration of the stadium, the closeness of the seats to the pitch and covered seating, they were proud of it and labelled it as their success story in delivering it, at no point did they credit lldc or anyone else it was their success and the had created a world class stadium

Once the uprising and questions and criticisms of the dump they coveted, it’s all the other people’s faults for the piss poor unfit stadium, not their, they as above thought it was magnificent, not one criticism from them not one doubt they had delivered the world class stadium and facilities, yet they have wriggled free again after more lies from their failings and we as a set of fans have let them on the back of a win over a **** Southampton and a couple of draws, we as a set of fans are spineless and deserve these ***** for not tearing them a new ****hole
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Postby Johnny_C WHU on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:28 pm

Just watched that promotional video back and WOW......

I am not sure if they really believed that stuff at the time which in turn makes them foolish, or if they just played the support to get what they want.

It's funny that moving to the stadium would enhance our commercial potential to therefore become successful both on and off the pitch and yet we are resorting to selling this years kits at a reduced price and are a couple of dodgy results away from relegation....

The stadium looks nothing like the concepts and less said about the seating the better. The food is awful and expensive (apart from the ribman) and it promotes upcoming concerts etc. more than the club.
Johnny_C WHU

Postby Warren Donald on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Actually, she’ll have someone managing her Twitter feed for her (most likely from her retained PR agency) and I’d bet a pound to a penny that they pushed that tweet out. She’ll have just either been too busy/too unprofessional/too uncaring to bother checking how it would come across to supporters for something to go out at that time. Which kind of underscores her ongoing attitude; it’s really all about her.
Warren Donald

Postby DasNutNock on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:07 pm

sanchoz wrote:On the KUMB home page "5 Years Ago" News Article:

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126791" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hugh Jargon
5 years ago
Mrs Brady is very impressive. Pleased we have her at our club. She has delivered her assignment with great competance. My main concern is what we do between now and 2016. Got to more than just survive and patch up a crumbling Upton Park.
DasNutNock

Postby Westbourne Bill on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:45 pm

Watching that video back, even if the lower tier seats had been moved by motors, the final depicted position of them is pretty much where they are now in real life. In any event, the upper tiers were going nowhere.of course so we mistakingly trusted her.

We sleep walked into this move.
Westbourne Bill

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion