Hammers Supporters Club

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Hammers Supporters Club

Postby light n bitter on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:00 pm

Me and my lad just joined looking forward to our first visit before the Brighton game.
Hows the walk time and difficulty wise from the ground? We're Bobby upper.
light n bitter

Postby Up the Junction on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:56 pm

PC Hammer wrote:At present, due to very poor maintenance over the years, we may be looking at £100,000 plus.

That's an awful lot of money. I suspect you're in 'wealthy benefactor' territory now, PC. What a shame.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby PC Hammer on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:13 am

light n bitter wrote:Me and my lad just joined looking forward to our first visit before the Brighton game.
Hows the walk time and difficulty wise from the ground? We're Bobby upper.

Thanks for joining - you will be about 5 minutes from club to inside stadium. The bridge across the canal is 100 yards from the club entrance then its 250 yards to security at bridge 2 then turnstile J / K right ahead of you.

:scarfer:
PC Hammer

Postby mushy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:24 am

Up the Junction wrote:That's an awful lot of money. I suspect you're in 'wealthy benefactor' territory now, PC. What a shame.

It is, am struggling to work out what the 100k is going towards, a new flat roof?

BTW PC you have had a PM .
mushy

Postby PC Hammer on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:31 am

Apologies for the photos but here is the link that should answer your questions...!!

http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/sport/f ... -1-5231772

:scarfer:
PC Hammer

Postby Phil S on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:19 pm

It could easily be funded by GSB and the players

disgraceful if it closes

£430 in the fund so far
I guess people don't care enough
Phil S

Postby PF. on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Thing is, and dont take this the wrong way (I've been a regular and one of my best mates old man works there), 100k might save the day today, but surely it's just throwing money away as (a) I doubt there'll be a pay-back, and (b) will it turn profitable by doing this?
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow

Postby wildkard on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Did the Club still get 600 punters on match days? That's a decent amount given we have (obviously) moved. £150k does seem a lot of dough to fix the problems listed, but maybe it's worthwhile if those sort of numbers continue.
wildkard

Postby PC Hammer on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:01 pm

PF. wrote:Thing is, and dont take this the wrong way (I've been a regular and one of my best mates old man works there), 100k might save the day today, but surely it's just throwing money away as (a) I doubt there'll be a pay-back, and (b) will it turn profitable by doing this?

We are not looking for a pay-back. The club is run on a not for profit basis but should reinvest any profits back into the club to maintain it and for the local community. Unfortunately this has not been done in the recent past hence the issue we have now. The club has a 75 year lease on the property. We will not give this up lightly as Newham will then take back the land and sell it to Barrats etc. West Ham fans will again have lost.

The committee along with a large number of members who live in the area believe in the HSC. There is a massive development being undertaken on the old ground and community space is needed. We are trying to keep the club going with a view to us setting up in Stratford and making that a success. If this fails we will still have the club in Castle Street.

This is about keeping the West Ham name going in the Upton Park area as well as looking to the future. We cannot do it all at once so this is the start.
PC Hammer

Postby PC Hammer on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:07 pm

wildkard wrote:Did the Club still get 600 punters on match days? That's a decent amount given we have (obviously) moved. £150k does seem a lot of dough to fix the problems listed, but maybe it's worthwhile if those sort of numbers continue.

At the Boleyn in the last season there were at least 5-600 people there pre-match and about 150-200 post match.

We have space at the new place for about 220 and hope to increase this to 320 as soon as we can. For Swansea we were just under capacity for pre-match drinks and had a good 100 in there post match.

For Brighton we shall not be open post match as the game will finish around 10pm and we cannot stay open as the committee have to clear the hub and take all our stuff back to Castle Street premises.

We shall open at 4pm until KO for the Brighton match.

The £150k does sound a lot and we are working right now to get an accurate handle on the costs to the work needed. That figure will include a refurbishment if we can manage it as the old place has not been touched for 25 years. We are hopeful of a lower figure and will revise it as and when we know.
PC Hammer

Postby Doc H Ball on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:53 pm

That lease has a high value given the redevelopments planned for the site which extends to all of the garages through to Green Street I believe.

We've spoken about this PCH - I'm still of the view that the SC would be best striking a deal with Newham to relinquish the deal to get somewhere near the LS.

I fear that Newham may try to shut you down rather than have to pay out.

Sulli's a property developer. If he had that lease he'd probably have it flogged by tomorrow evening.
Doc H Ball

Postby PC Hammer on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:10 pm

All good points and noted Doc.

I have been trying to get a meeting with Newham council / West Ham to see what is on the table but that is proving a little difficult.

I will not give up on this.
PC Hammer

Postby light n bitter on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:25 pm

Thanks for joining - you will be about 5 minutes from club to inside stadium. The bridge across the canal is 100 yards from the club entrance then its 250 yards to security at bridge 2 then turnstile J / K right ahead of you.

:scarfer:[/quote]
Cheers PC I googled directions and it gave Bream St and Stour Rd as the way which looks much longer. I'm guessing there's a short cut?
Looking again on google maps is it right out of club then right again?
light n bitter

Postby Kialos on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:28 am

Phil S wrote:It could easily be funded by GSB and the players

disgraceful if it closes

£430 in the fund so far
I guess people don't care enough

David Gold took great delight in telling everyone at a season ticket holders form around 2014/15 time that his Mum held her birthday party at the supporters club. You would think he would want to help out an institution that his mother enjoyed so much out of respect to her memory if nothing else.
Kialos

Postby PC Hammer on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:42 am

:[/quote]
Cheers PC I googled directions and it gave Bream St and Stour Rd as the way which looks much longer. I'm guessing there's a short cut?
Looking again on google maps is it right out of club then right again?[/quote]

Indeed it is...
PC Hammer

Postby PC Hammer on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:50 am

David Gold took great delight in telling everyone at a season ticket holders form around 2014/15 time that his Mum held her birthday party at the supporters club. You would think he would want to help out an institution that his mother enjoyed so much out of respect to her memory if nothing else.

Yes Kialos a number of other people have pointed this out. The HSC are very hopeful the West Ham family will come together on this one and of course Mr. Gold and his family are very much part of this. I did write to Meesrs Gold and Sullivan at Christmas time last year on the clubs plight. Despite raising this with other West Ham employees I have yet to receive an answer. I am however a West Ham fan and ever hopeful of a brighter future.
PC Hammer

Postby Frankies Boots on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:31 am

David Gold came into the supporters club at the end of the season a few years ago.

He didn't even buy a drink so I'm not expecting a hand out from the Club any time soon.
Frankies Boots

Postby Rocket on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:07 am

GSB obviously couldn't care less about the Supporters' Club.
Rocket

Postby Wembley1966 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:25 pm

light n bitter wrote:Thanks for joining - you will be about 5 minutes from club to inside stadium. The bridge across the canal is 100 yards from the club entrance then its 250 yards to security at bridge 2 then turnstile J / K right ahead of you.

It will be even quicker next year - they start building a new footbridge over the canal next to Forman's soon.
Wembley1966

Postby light n bitter on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Very efficient service got our membership cards through the post today.
Strangely though it was addressed to the Mrs even got her initial right!
Was a little worried she'd got one too but panic over just me and the boy :D
light n bitter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion