Hammers Supporters Club

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Hammers Supporters Club

Postby Colours never run on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:06 pm

Who would be interested in attending meetings and banging ideas together in trying to get a United voice together for all our concerns to challenge the Club and apply pressure on them?

I'm thinking it could be held at the old Hammers Supporters Club until they ever get relocated for now as a Hub.

Date and time set for;

Supporters Club Meeting on the 22nd Oct at noon held at the old Hammers Supporters Club at Upton Park.
Last edited by Colours never run on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Re: Hammers Supporters Club - a new possible WHUST

Postby PC Hammer on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:16 pm

I'd definitely be happy to attend al meeting and bang ideas together and see if that one voice can get heard somehow either by the club inviting us to a SAB or at least put pressure on the Club via the Media picking up on our actual concerns that bother us most.

The Club needs serious pressure and understand EXACTLY what's going wrong in the fan base/stands, HSC etc

The HSC is the place to do it as the club have no input there at all. We are welcome there. They want to be a part of West Ham. They want to give back 24 of the 27 jobs they used to have there before the move....

A concerted effort to advertise on fans websites is necessary. A date convenient to most is also a good idea. I reckon sometime in the international break maybe Wednesday 5th....what do you reckon out there..
PC Hammer

Postby PC Hammer on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:18 pm

WHUST - The Spirit of the Boleyn....????
PC Hammer

Postby Colours never run on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:20 pm

Only days I can attend is Friday and Saturdays due to work.

Friday 7th October would work for me in the International break.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby PC Hammer on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:24 pm

What about Saturday before the 'Boro match ?? Doors open 11am meeting 12 noon to 2pm then off to the bloody football.....?????????????????????
PC Hammer

Postby Colours never run on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:26 pm

Can't do that I'm afraid mate.
Colours never run

Postby Coops on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:26 pm

A friend of mine runs a West Ham news bulletin, I will make sure he knows about it.
Coops

Postby PC Hammer on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:31 pm

If anyone knows who runs the varying websites - alert them and see if they will support this. I can get something typed up as a starter for 10 to spread the initial meeting plus happy to co-ordinate (happy to have help - nope definitely need help !!!) then let's see where it goes. Those with experience of Trusts / groups get in contact. Those willing to help let us know your expertise and good luck to us all...!!!
PC Hammer

Postby Colours never run on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:52 pm

Yep. It's all well and good airing off on here and in other little pockets of echo chambers on the Internet but unless we can get that voice amplified as one and out there, we will never have much of a chance of change.

Ideally needs people to attend with decent contacts within the Media/Club/Authorities/Legal/Stewards but anyone interested could be welcome that's a Hammer.
Colours never run

Postby claretblue-westham on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:07 pm

What happened to the old supporters club venue/the supporters club itself?
claretblue-westham

Postby Row X on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:28 pm

claretblue-westham wrote:What happened to the old supporters club venue/the supporters club itself?

Funny you ask that, at the weekend I herd from a family member who delivers the beer there.

Obviously he knows the guys who run the place... Their takings for the Man Utd game in May was £21k. Their takings for the Bournemouth game £21!!!!

The club said they would relocate the supporters club near to the new place. Nothing has been done for those guys, another false hope given from Brady.

I know that the supporters club have nothing official to do with the actual club, but it's another part of our soul being sold out. Surely the club could subside them and take a % of the earnings. They'll probably look at it as £1.70 lost on each pint that the supporters club sell.
Row X

Postby Alpari 'Ammer on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:57 pm

Up for attending any sort of meeting that we can put together. Hopefully we can keep this on topic for those that are interested.
Alpari 'Ammer

Postby leveller on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:39 am

Good idea CNR and well done for taking the initiative on this. I think there's no better time than this for an independent supporters' association.

Happy to help if I can, PM me if neccesary.

How about Saturday 8 October for the meeting? We don't have a game that weekend although England are playing Malta in a World Cup Qualifier at 5pm.
leveller

Postby MikeNewell'sOldBoys on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:43 am

PC Hammer wrote:If anyone knows who runs the varying websites - alert them and see if they will support this. I can get something typed up as a starter for 10 to spread the initial meeting plus happy to co-ordinate (happy to have help - nope definitely need help !!!) then let's see where it goes. Those with experience of Trusts / groups get in contact. Those willing to help let us know your expertise and good luck to us all...!!!

That's key. It'll need as much exposure as possible so all the major fan sites and probably some people running some of the more popular Twitter/Facebook/instagram pages should be involved.

You could try contacting the club for details of all the various supporter groups as well?
MikeNewell'sOldBoys

Postby e1hammer on Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:17 am

There were the blueprints for a Supporters Trust put together a year or so ago. You have to a proper democratic structure to be recognised by the FSF and then the club. I will contact the two chairs today and see where they are with it, will aim to get the paperwork and see if we can have a relaunch meeting.

In terms of dates, it's impossible to have a date that everyone can make so perhaps just choose one and stick to it. Worth considering having it somewhere more central.

As for a supporters club, the only way to do it would be to crowd fund the rent of the venue for a year and ask the guys from Castle Street to run it? Imagine the cost will be huge and I've never run a pub or club. But imagine between us we could build a decent fund to get the ball rolling, especially if it knocked out some pie'n'mash.
e1hammer

Postby sanchoz on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:23 am

Would be interest in attending and helping any way I can. No helpful contacts though.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby taffhammer on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:27 am

Row X wrote:I know that the supporters club have nothing official to do with the actual club, but it's another part of our soul being sold out. Surely the club could subside them and take a % of the earnings. They'll probably look at it as £1.70 lost on each pint that the supporters club sell.

When it was originally set up all those years ago was it by the club or has it always been independant ?
taffhammer

Postby Doc H Ball on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:14 am

I'm up for attending and helping spread the word if there is enough momentum.

I think it needs to be looked at commercially involving Newham and a membership funding.

I genuinely think there is a market for a venue near the OS.

Before a home match would make most sense.
Doc H Ball

Postby AndyWHUFC39 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:51 am

Would love to attend to this! has anyone got a date & time set? i have a few big names on social media to bring to the table. :crest:
AndyWHUFC39

Postby hammers92 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:58 am

I know people aren't a fan of West Ham Fan TV but they have over 11k subscribers on youtube. Inviting the guy who presents it and streaming it across social media would represent a more modern approach to this than a simple meet up at the pub. And by doing so, more fans can access what the issues are and spread the word more quicker.
hammers92

Next

Return to General Discussion