Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

snooperpooper
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by snooperpooper »

And now Wenger jumping on the band-wagon in the The Telegraph

Arsene Wenger accuses West Ham of setting back safe-standing movement

"Arsene Wenger has accused West Ham United fans of setting back the safe-standing movement following the hooliganism that has plagued the club’s start to life at the London Stadium.

Arsenal manager Wenger branded the outbreak of violence during the Hammers’ EFL Cup win over Chelsea as “not a very good advert” for the long-running campaign for the return of standing to the English game.

Some of the disorder during West Ham’s home games this season has been provoked by supporters refusing to sit down and Wenger – a safe-standing advocate – condemned their behaviour as counter-productive.

West Ham
Violence has plagued West Ham's start to life at the London Stadium CREDIT: REX
“Personally, I’m in favour of the resurgence of standing opportunities behind the goal and that is not a very good advert to come back to standing opportunities for people in the stands, so I am surprised and hopefully West Ham will get rid of the problem very quickly,” he said.

“It gives an argument especially to people who are against it.”

Wednesday’s match was the first London derby at the former Olympic Stadium, with the second being Arsenal’s visit in December.

Wenger insisted he had “no” concerns about the trip and that the scenes in midweek had not heralded a return to the dark days of “hooliganism” in English football."
upthehammers

Post by upthehammers »

does anyone know when the wifi is expected to be working?

the ground is an absolute stinker for trying to make any outside communication on 3G/4G
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 781 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

upthehammers wrote:the ground is an absolute stinker for trying to make any outside communication on 3G/4G
one of things it's got going for it to my mind.

we've got enough tourists without them being able to stream the bake off in HD.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

WiFi in the ground?

Jesus, how times have changed.
Phil S
Has liked: 459 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:WiFi in the ground?

Jesus, how times have changed.
you'll be able to order and get your popcorn delivered to your seat

spiffing
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

Be cool to video chat your mate on the other side of the ground instead of trying to spot eachother.
Or be able to tweet the players with real time feedback
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Post by Rio »

Phil S wrote:you'll be able to order and get your popcorn delivered to your seat

spiffing
I'm not sure you're allowed to spiff in the new ground. I'm sure the last person who did had their seat number taken by a steward with a clipboard
Military Hammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

12 months too early!!!

Post by Military Hammer »

I believe that we left the Boleyn 12 months too soon!! It seems like we have been rushed into this move with no real planning having taken place! Several of my reasonings to believe this are:

1. Nothing is finished? Wrap was still being installed after the first game, digital wrap still not complete.
2. Athletics track cover was not finished for the first fixture. Still not finished, after seeing it on a Wednesday as they have changed it again outside the tunnel area.
3. Seat migration was a farce and my opinion rushed as is plain to see with the issues we have had so far.
4. With the so called 55,000 on the waiting list, why did we not apply for 66,000 straight away and get those supporters in from the start?? Seats are literally covered up at the tops which look shocking! Chelsea were mocking us on Wednesday which boiled my p**s.
5. Ticket exchange facility should have been available from the start, as should ticket swap also.
6. Segregation, clearly not considered!! Foolish!!
7. Fixtures and fittings. My daughter keeps mentioning that the plans for inside the ground she always looks at look different to what we have now! E.g exposed concrete which should be covered with claret and blue cladding.
8. Test events. Massive error not to hold training events to confirm seating/entry/exit routes work.
9. Still shocking exit routine/process to go back through Stratford station.
10. No Police comms in the Stadium. Whoever omitted that in the planning rounds should receive their P45 right now!! That is akin to the Titanic designer not putting enough life boats on the ship, because the unthinkable will never happen!!!
11. Food outlets, ripping us off! Probably does not sit on this list, but bugs me stupid!!
12. Oh and why could they not give us our seats from the Boyle you to thank us for our valuable support. 99% of them are being skipped right now! Another thing that does not belong here but grips my sh*t.

I have more than likely missed a hell of a lot more issues, however the project management and planning has been truly shocking. Teething problems were always going to happen but this is incompetence! All this happening when the team needed us in the first handful of games because they were always going to need a period of time to adjust to our new home!
If they had given us one more season, some if not all of this could have been prevented, i.e spoken to the fans to confirm they are happy and brought them onboard during the planning.
Arch Dandy
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Get on Tinder for after the game.
simonwebb

Re: 12 months too early!!!

Post by simonwebb »

Boring ...

we now play our home games in the stadium nothing is perfect everything needs time to be sorted out whether this happened now 2016 or 2030. We are never going to play again at Upton Park Deal with it.

All these complaints are getting so dull just go to the bloody stadium sit in your seat and cheer the team and stop fing siting there trying to find things to complain about.

OH BTW if you find the walk from Stratford station too far then why not try another station which is closer. While i am on the subject if you find the food and drink sold in the ground to expensive then don't fing buy it.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

:asleep:
upthehammers

Post by upthehammers »

don't worry lads - it was a simple question re wi-fi

i'd like the opportunity to ring / text a mate at half time or try to view other scores...

my phone essentially bricks as soon as i step anywhere near the stadium

if your phone works lucky you! mine doesnt (O2) and for this reason the operators said wi fi would be installed. clearly they've got other **** to worry about first!
ohsnap
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by ohsnap »

you are definitely right. Lets just bin off the O/S and go back to UP for the remaining fixtures
Military Hammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Military Hammer »

simonwebb wrote:Boring ...

we now play our home games in the stadium nothing is perfect everything needs time to be sorted out whether this happened now 2016 or 2030. We are never going to play again at Upton Park Deal with it.

All these complaints are getting so dull just go to the bloody stadium sit in your seat and cheer the team and stop fing siting there trying to find things to complain about.

OH BTW if you find the walk from Stratford station too far then why not try another station which is closer. While i am on the subject if you find the food and drink sold in the ground to expensive then don't fing buy it.
Points 1-10 are a fact and causing harm to our club. Points 11 and 12 are just things I don't like! You are right, these things have happened now, however as we progress forward, every plan we make should be far more considered because we have made a pigs ear out of this so called "most successful migration in football history"
ohsnap
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by ohsnap »

we didn't have wifi at UP and people got by fine.

on a serious note they did say it wasn't going to be ready for months a while ago, cant remember the date they said it would probably be ready for (probably Sunderland like they did the screens outside....)
Stratty

Post by Stratty »

I'm on EE and not having any trouble with reception the majority of the time.
leveller

Post by leveller »

Thank you for your post Dave/Karren
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

ohsnap wrote:we didn't have wifi at UP and people got by fine.

on a serious note they did say it wasn't going to be ready for months a while ago, cant remember the date they said it would probably be ready for (probably Sunderland like they did the screens outside....)
They always said WiFi would be November.
Pob!
Has liked: 1079 likes
Total likes: 700 likes

Post by Pob! »

I bet you're the life and soul of the party....
Thank ***k I don't sit next to you :scarfer:
upthehammers

Post by upthehammers »

leveller wrote:Thank you for your post Dave/Karren
LOL :lol: