@TheHList on KUMB

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: @TheHList on KUMB

Postby Doc H Ball on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Excellent as ever :thup:

I would humbly suggest adding the investment of equity into the stadium to change it as a definite and ultimate aim.

As for the march etc, I think it's easy to overthink things. I was part of a very coherent group with a single stated aim, did things properly, met the Baroness etc and left realising I was relieving myself in the face of a gale. There is no dialogue with these marketeers.

As your mates and the Bunnymen said, a show of strength is enough.

A show of strength
Is all you want
You can never set it down...

Guts and passion
Those things you can't
Even set down

All those things you think might count
You can't ever set them down
Don't ever set them down
Never set them down
Doc H Ball

Postby HeadHammerShark on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:20 pm

Cheers Doc - I like your suggestion of an equity investment. It feels like that would be the price to pay for some of the "homeliness" changes that we might all like to see.

As for the march, Godspeed. I keep trying to think back to the Bond Scheme and what that was like - truthfully it's not a great comparison as that was a binary issue, but there was something about the unity in the stands that resonates with me now. People might not necessarily agree completely on what we all want, but maybe the anger transcends that?
HeadHammerShark

Postby Mega Ron on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:29 pm

A nice article, once again.

We all want the issues/problems with the club and the stadium sorted out. The issues that everyone has can be narrowed down to one thing. The board.

Removing or replacing the board might not solve all, or indeed any, of the issues but I 100% believe that GSB remaining in place will not improve anything.
Mega Ron

Postby sanchoz on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:18 am

The link will go up later on KUMB (and I cannot open the hyperlink to it as work IT firewall won't allow "blogs") but the latest HList from HHS is well worth a read.

http://thehlist.blogspot.com/
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Danny's Dyer Acting on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:33 am

sanchoz wrote:The link will go up later on KUMB (and I cannot open the hyperlink to it as work IT firewall won't allow "blogs") but the latest HList from HHS is well worth a read.

http://thehlist.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I want to say that's good because it really is. It's a fantastic piece of writing.

But it's so depressing. That stuff about Mark Walker shows how disgusting those events over the weekend were and the clubs lack of acknowledgement of them is shameful.
Danny's Dyer Acting

Postby PrawnSandwich on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:34 am

sanchoz wrote:The link will go up later on KUMB (and I cannot open the hyperlink to it as work IT firewall won't allow "blogs") but the latest HList from HHS is well worth a read.

:thup:
PrawnSandwich

Postby Liam on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:40 am

It’s a must read. It’s so sad, it’s so true.
Liam

Postby sanchoz on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:46 am

I won't name the names of sites and individuals but over the weekend and since (even yesterday) I have seen attempts to justify threats as "heat of the moment" and general attempts at apologies for behaviour without actually apologising to individuals.

This H List actually puts a name and a human story to someone who received baseless accusations and threats.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Doc H Ball on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:51 am

Thankyou for starting to unravel this. There is a lot more unfortunately.

I didn't want the mention him by name, not until he says otherwise, but how one of our own - as loyal a Hammer as you will find and a respected poster on here - has been treated is nothing short of disgusting.
Doc H Ball

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:24 pm

That's another brilliant piece by HHS , well done , sir .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Mega Ron on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:34 pm

That's a beautifully written article.

****ing hell GSB how could you have battered this football club the way you have?
Mega Ron

Postby Big George on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:39 pm

In times of trouble, you know who your mates are. Thanks H. You stood.
Big George

Postby Clacton-ammer on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:40 pm

As I look down at the club crest on my shirt I keep returning to a single thought - "I didn't do enough". It's not a great feeling to say out loud that you have failed, but there is no doubt that I have. I certainly failed to heed those who didn't want to move. I believed them to be dinosaurs unable to see obvious progress when it stared them in the face. To you, I apologise.

Great written piece that, the particular paragraph above really hit me, as that's me too, in a nutshell. I was born within a stones throw of the BG, lived within a mile of it for many years, gutted I did not dig into the move enough, and listen to the ones who spoke out about the move/owners. Like probably too many of us, I saw the **** & lies too late.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby Mr_Skid on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:49 pm

That article is superb
Mr_Skid

Postby Billy Hunt on Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Wonderfully written, sad, reflective piece of writing that HHS.

What an absolute mess this has all become.

"...it is becoming increasingly clear that moving under these owners and to this stadium has damaged the club, possibly irrevocably"

Pretty clear that is a widespread thought.

Whilst you and many, many others may feel a degree of guilt and perhaps somewhat cheated at backing the move in the first place, there are many others, me included, that feel pretty much the same about backing a collective fans movement that clearly was far from collective.

Big respect to you for your unswerving support of WHUISA and all those involved :thup:
Billy Hunt

Postby Beavis Danzig on Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:16 pm

should be printed out and nailed to the door of the olympic stadium.
Beavis Danzig

Postby Up the Junction on Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Swansea 4-1 West Ham (And Other Ramblings)
http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=4130
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Colours never run on Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:44 pm

Excellent piece H. Best one yet.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby tizzwoz on Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:54 pm

Excellent read this. Well written and totally identifiable.
tizzwoz

Postby mattyD on Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:04 pm

So Sully and Tory Baroness Brady have got the ex-ICF in their back pocket and they're threatening anyone who wants to march against the board and the head of a peaceful supporters group is threatened because he voted labour. In my opinion gauged from things I have read in the public domain. I'm off.
mattyD

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion