@TheHList on KUMB

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: @TheHList on KUMB

Postby Benny the Ball on Thu May 17, 2018 11:33 am

Great talent and imagination to be able to compose pieces of such incisive quality, especially without ever resorting to obscenities.

Highly entertaining reads HH, many thanks.

BtB
Benny the Ball

Postby Up the Junction on Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:18 pm

In Retro: The fifty greatest Hammers
(Begins:) http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=4208
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Up the Junction on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:59 pm

West Ham 0-1 Wolves (And Other Ramblings)
http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=4216
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:04 pm

agree with it all, except of course I have never visited the OS (nor do I have any intent or wish to)...

and as usual very well written..

I have to ask.....how does he find the words to obscure songs by obscure signers/bands that seem so appropriate to the written word ?

my mind boggles.....

:?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Chimera on Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:59 pm

Said to him twitter that this was spot on. Pretty much everything he writes seems to sum up how I feel about us.
Chimera

Postby Upton Carp on Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:08 pm

HHS; You are a magician weaving spells with words albeit angry ones in this case. Your Blogs are those of a loyal WHUFC patriot and once again I thank you for them with deep gratitude. I wish I could post a bow smiley to register my admiration. As it is all I can do is this: :thup:
Upton Carp

Postby wilf on Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:49 pm

I can only bow down to your superior interpretation of stuff.
Your postings put into words eggsakely my thinking on the current state of affairs.
In a farkin nutshell .
wilf

Postby marshboy on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:35 pm

excwllent work , I think you and Canning Town len being 2 of our more creative supports should form a double act
marshboy

Postby Up the Junction on Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:45 pm

Everton 1-3 West Ham (And Other Ramblings) (@TheHList)
http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=4222

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Up the Junction on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:23 pm

New piece today:

And into the fire (HeadHammerShark)
http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=4238

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Kialos on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:50 am

Great read as always, not easy having to tackle some of the subject matter but HHS did so with aplomb :crest:
Kialos

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:44 am

Kialos wrote:Great read as always, not easy having to tackle some of the subject matter but HHS did so with aplomb :crest:

Exactly what I was thinking - very well put , HH and a great read as always . :thup:
The Old Man of Storr

Postby the pink palermo on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:13 pm

An excellent read and it's not difficult to agree with the conclusion made that the club is rotten at it's core.

The absence of real leadership as opposed to the stuff Brady read in her Ladybird book of leadership, has hurt the club for a number of years. The lack of understanding what we are about as a club, the lack of any kind of core values are what causes Chez Titanic ( a great phrase that), to limp from one iceberg to the next.

Throw in the toxicity of politics- never wise in a football club - which less we forget was introduced by the clubs management by both an ill advised party political donation and the rental of a publicly owned asset, and we have a powder keg of problems.

Sadly, when the financial accounts are published for the 2017/18 season the line stating "compensation for loss of office" will be for at least two people, Slaven Bilic, and Tony Henry.

I reckon one of them will have got the lions share.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Johnzo on Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:26 pm

Up the Junction wrote:New piece today

Very well put as always, particularly with regard to the DFLA rubbish, and that's coming from a Tory given you mentioned you side with Labour politically.

H List helps me through the ever enduring circus that is supporting West Ham London since the stadium move.
Johnzo

Postby since86 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:37 pm

I always look forward to reading these pieces, and this one was definitely one of my favourites. Brilliantly written as always.

In particular I thought the commentary on the DLFA situation really though-provoking, especially how it links to the absence of a positive culture at West Ham. The lack of decent values-based leadership at our club is slowly killing it. This situation, along side how Henry and his comments were dealt with, it’s justifiable to perceive a undercurrent of racism at West Ham. Not as blatant or overt as we might have seen years ago, but just as divisive. And given everything else we have seen in recent years through the actions of those in positions of power at West Ham, with controversy seeping out from underneath the edges of the London Stadium like a toxic cloud, it’s impossible to say what our club, our badge or our supporters, stand for anymore.

And because we have no real identity, nothing that says “this is what we stand for” I think we’re seeing the worst behaviours becoming normalised, or justified.

And what of the marches from last season? The protests? Shouldn’t supporters be marching against the owners again, now more than ever? Am I too cynical to say that the protests were only ever really about performances on the pitch? Just because we broke our transfer record over the summer again and there is (rightly IMO) hope for better results this season, doesn’t mean that everything is ok. As HHS put it, Sullivan and Co are still being allowed to bail out the water from our sinking ship, without fixing that almighty hole in the stern.

If you stand for nothing, you’ll fall for anything.
since86

Postby the pink palermo on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:55 am

Following the shocking news being reported in the highly respected Daily Telegraph this morning concerning Karren Brady, and their allegation she was aware of the use of NDA's in the Phillip Green affair - who's company she chairs, the H list is worth a bump.

If you haven't read it, it's worth a read, and it's pretty relevant given the Telegraphs story.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby hammer1975 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:58 am

Ladybird book of leadership, lol.....and so true TPP

Great article again HHS :thup:
hammer1975

Postby OFT on Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:07 am

since86 wrote:I always look forward to reading these pieces.

Likewise.

Superb as always.
OFT

Postby HeadHammerShark on Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:23 pm

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has read and commented on this one. I really do appreciate it.

Not an easy one to write given the subject manner, and I appreciate all the responses whether people agree with my conclusions or not. Weekends like the one just gone do make me wish there was a lot less division in our fanbase.
HeadHammerShark

Postby Up the Junction on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:03 pm

HHS is back with his first piece for 2019 - and it's a belter:

http://kumb.com/article.php?id=4269
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion