Leyton Orient R.I.P (non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Leyton Orient R.I.P (non WHU)

Postby frankiemac on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:36 pm

sad to a certain degree, all the hearn mudslinging made me dislike them, where i used to like a day out over the o's when we were on the road and i couldnt go

pissed on their chips im afraid...just watch us get another load of vile PR as and when this club disappears....truth is it has just been managed so badly for years
frankiemac

Postby btajim - mcfc on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:31 pm

What does Becchetti want with the club? Is he just fronting it for stadium thieves like the situations at Hereford or elsewhere?

If he has genuine intentions then he pays the tax bill (HMRC don't **** about) or they're dissolved. Instinct says they'll pull through as no league club went during the big recession we had. Fans have deep pockets when they need them.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t

Postby fmgod on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Well lasts nights result basically puts them down, it's all a bit odd as their first season back in League Two they must have had a massive budget as they signed half of Millwall's team and a few other good players so the owner obviously had ambitions at one point
fmgod

Postby Over 50 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:54 pm

He thought spending loads would buy success. Got players in who were only there for the money, and wanted to get involved with picking the team.
Over 50

Postby Robbie on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:05 pm

I actually think what is happening is tragic. As a young lad in the late 70's/early 80's I remember we always kept an ear out for the O's result as well as our own. Just because they were the neighbours, along with Millwall. It wasn't because we particularly wanted them to lose either, it was just an interest. We didn't give a **** either way.
But this is awful to see. Hearn should hang his head in shame. He knew what he was doing and where it was all going and made us a scapegoat. We have never,and to be honest would never wish ill on the O's.
Our new bowl is not the reason for it. It's Barry's doing and he knows it.
Still he has made the snooker good................. :phew:
Robbie

Postby BrisbaneRoad on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:53 am

Bechetti will pay the tax bill and we will go down with a team of kids and manager trying their best. He will then sell to one of the offers we have and we can start again from non-league. If that's how it has to be to get rid of Bechetti I would take it and apparently he is taking over a Serie B team (good luck to them). No one comes out of this well apart from the fans..Still only Donny at home Saturday!!!
BrisbaneRoad

Postby mushy on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:10 am

I may start going again if you go down, a bit of non-league can be good for the soul.
mushy

Postby Thekorean on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:19 am

Will follow Leyton from the states as well. Can't go to games, but may pick up merchandise there. Couples dollars to help their bottom line.
Thekorean

Postby BrisbaneRoad on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:19 am

mushy wrote:I may start going again if you go down, a bit of non-league can be good for the soul.

I think its when not if :) It took Luton 6 seasons to get back up who knows how long it will take us!
BrisbaneRoad

Postby Over 50 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:03 pm

And yet Dagenham look like they could go back up at the first attempt!
Over 50

Postby Romford on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:08 pm

Over 50 wrote:And yet Dagenham look like they could go back up at the first attempt!

They know who to have as friends...and who their enemies are :wink:
Romford
Big X

Postby btajim - mcfc on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:34 pm

BrisbaneRoad wrote:Bechetti will pay the tax bill and we will go down with a team of kids and manager trying their best. He will then sell to one of the offers we have and we can start again from non-league. If that's how it has to be to get rid of Bechetti I would take it and apparently he is taking over a Serie B team (good luck to them). No one comes out of this well apart from the fans..Still only Donny at home Saturday!!!

There's a huge drop in funding when you go to the Conference. It finished Hereford, Chester, Halifax etc.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:59 pm

btajim - mcfc wrote:
There's a huge drop in funding when you go to the Conference. It finished Hereford, Chester, Halifax etc.

Those clubs were dying on their arse anyway

Clubs who managed to deal with the relegation in a more successful way rebuilt and come back stronger - Oxford, Shrewsbury, Mansfield etc

These days it is just Division 5....doesn't have to be a disaster
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby pharaoh on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:01 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
Those clubs were dying on their arse anyway

These days it is just Division 5....doesn't have to be a disaster

I agree that it is more like a Div 5 nowadays with many teams fully professional and having to make the same journeys as any league team. The teams you mention (failing) also had bad, some would say criminal chairmen who helped take them down too. Met a Darlington fan recently who explained their demise. So the phrase "dying on their arse" may also translate to owners who were either totally incompetent or had other motives.
pharaoh

Postby Romford on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:21 pm

Any of our Orient friends know why we were both at home yesterday ??

Also was there any difference in the crowd....
Romford
Big X

Postby Over 50 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:03 pm

Seemed to be about right.
Over 50

Postby Wembley1966 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Court case this morning - HMRC have withdrawn their winding up order - they've been paid for the original amount outstanding although some more recent amounts now overdue to them. The club's legal representative also said that the owner will inject £1m in next 8 - 10 weeks. Other smaller creditors (between them owed over £50k) are taking over the winding up order which will be heard 12th June if not paid by then.
Wembley1966

Postby BrisbaneRoad on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:15 pm

Romford wrote:Any of our Orient friends know why we were both at home yesterday ??

Also was there any difference in the crowd....

No idea why. I asked the OB I know and there didn't seem to be any underlying reason

Crowd was about the same as normal as someone has mentioned

I assume yours was a bit down with us being at home? :lol:
BrisbaneRoad

Postby e17 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:32 pm

"Oh look I've got the money to stop the order now"

Fishy af
e17

Postby Neil Orr fan club on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:20 pm

3 months to find the dosh

My interpretation is that he has given himself 3 months to find a buyer. If he dos'ent cant see him paying up

Far from out the woods in my eyes
Neil Orr fan club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion