Leyton Orient R.I.P (non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Leyton Orient R.I.P (non WHU)

Postby Napoleon Solo on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:04 pm

It now seems that Leyton Orient are heading one way and that's out of the League.

They'll never recover from this relegation and will probably fold up by 2020.

The main reason for their demise is their owner Francesca Becchetti (a complete nutter) ... He knows as much about English football as as most of us know about Italian Literature and cares even less about the Orient

LOFC RIP
Napoleon Solo

Re: Leyton Orient R.I.P

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:08 pm

oh well never mind

as my mum would say
psychoscoredthelot

Postby Mega Ron on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:10 pm

Can we have the ground as a car park?
Mega Ron

Postby James P on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:12 pm

They're not even in the bottom two let alone dead and buried. They'll stay up.
James P

Postby ageing hammer on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Mega Ron wrote:Can we have the ground as a car park?

I would swap the OS for it and redevelop it we probably only have 20K fans by next year anyway.
ageing hammer

Postby WoodfordJnr on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:32 pm

ageing hammer wrote:I would swap the OS for it and redevelop it we probably only have 20K fans by next year anyway.

would do me a favor .. one less stop on central line
WoodfordJnr

Postby Mr_incredible on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:42 pm

I know many on here share my dads story....used to go west ham and orient alternate weeks...just for the love of football and like minded people. I personally couldnt give a toss if orient go to the wall. Things that are badly managed deserve too...its natural selection at work. maybe if the last owner hadnt spent so much time obsessing about us and this poxy stadium. i remember at the time they were flying even coming on here speculating we were a season away from playing each other. And the current owner ..crikey.
When a club falls into a situation like this then its the fans that need to step in and stop it falling to pieces....again are they up to that....or maybe thats our fault too.... just my opinion
Mr_incredible

Re: Leyton Orient R.I.P (non WHU)

Postby Rio on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:06 pm

Becchetti was sold the club by whom??

Oh yeah. That paragon of virtue Barry Hearn.

The Italian may be a nutter with no understanding of football, but the rot starting when Bazza's eye for a few quid and selfish demeanor got the better of him.

For what it's worth as a youngster I used to watch Orient when I couldn't get to West Ham away games. Always had a soft spot for them, but the tides turned in the mid to late 90's when our little brother got jealous of being left behind. The increased vitriol over the last 20 years has led me to care not a bit about the goings on in Leyton
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby Colours never run on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:08 pm

I'm sure they'll blame all their recent relegations on us as well, other Clubs have..
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby WestHamIFC on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:13 pm

Good Riddance. :raver:
WestHamIFC

Postby sanchoz on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:18 pm

Rio wrote:Becchetti was sold the club by whom??

The Italian may be a nutter with no understanding of football, but the rot starting when Bazza's eye for a few quid and selfish demeanor got the better of him.

West Ham should be 'petrified' of Leyton Orient under new owner Francesco Becchetti, says Barry Hearn

'If I was West Ham I would be petrified of this fella,' Hearn said. 'This guy can do anything he wants to do if he has the belief and passion. As a fan I don’t think I have been more excited in 20 years about what could happen to this football club. It is what dreams are made of.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Hearn.html
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Coops on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:27 pm

Rio wrote:
For what it's worth as a youngster I used to watch Orient when I couldn't get to West Ham away games. Always had a soft spot for them, but the tides turned in the mid to late 90's when our little brother got jealous of being left behind. The increased vitriol over the last 20 years has led me to care not a bit about the goings on in Leyton

Exactly the same for me. Dad used to take me when we couldn't get to an away game. Then, in my teens, I started going with an O's supporting mate. I stopped when they started singing anti West Ham songs.
Then we had all this crap about the OS and a lack of geographical knowledge.
**** them.
Coops

Postby Romford on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:32 pm

I've watched over 50 Os games over the years...before they jumped in bed with Hearn. Leytonstone boy and all that

Hurt me hugely at the time...now couldn't give a toss about the place.

http://leytonorientforum.co.uk/topic19070.html
Romford
Big X

Postby Mr_incredible on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:02 pm

pretty lonely forum.
To be fair we give them plenty to laugh at.....i half expect our new kit every season to contain a spinning bow tie, red wig and oversize boots
Mr_incredible

Postby e17 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:07 pm

Opportunist English owner with a dodgy love for, & ambition to replicate North London scrotes, sells up to a nutcase who drags the club down...

Sounds like us lot, minus the sell off, & they still have Brisbane Road
e17

Postby Romford on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:12 pm

e17 wrote:
Sounds like us lot, minus the sell off, & they still have Brisbane Road

Pretty sure it's owned by Waltham Forest council and rented on a peppercorn agreement
Romford
Big X

Postby e17 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:14 pm

Still in one piece though Rom :wink: even if it is a dump
e17

Postby Romford on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:19 pm

e17 wrote:Still in one piece though Rom :wink: even if it is a dump

You do have to wonder what could have been if they took a different direction after Tony Wood..especially now with the OS not being everyone's cup of tea.

They only have themselves to blame sadly...taking on tight Goons and Spuds was never a good strategy for an East London club
Romford
Big X

Postby FrankieMacsPerm on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:21 pm

Rio wrote:Becchetti was sold the club by whom??

This!... worked with a couple of Orient fans and the hatred of West Ham by them and most O's fans and the joy at our relegation has changed my view.
FrankieMacsPerm

Postby steviechaz on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:29 pm

Pretty sure it's owned by Waltham Forest council and rented on a peppercorn agreement[/quote]

Ground is actually owned by Hearn (or one of his companies), Bought a 999 year lease from Waltham Forest and made a killing from the flats on all four corners.
steviechaz

Next

Return to General Discussion