Leyton Orient R.I.P (non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Leyton Orient R.I.P (non WHU)

Postby BrisbaneRoad on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 am

That was one harsh lesson for them
BrisbaneRoad

Postby Mr_incredible on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:35 am

not a fan of orient in the slightest as ive previously said on this very thread :oops: however good to see that the fans have stuck with them and that season ticket numbers are up. i imagine the conference is like the championship on steroids...so your at least gonna get your monies worth watching these games. hope the new bods at the club can start worrying more about what orient are doing rather than others.
Mr_incredible

Postby chigwells finest on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:56 pm

went to their game vs maidstone on saturday , had 5k crowd over there and was a good day out for £ 18 .
chigwells finest

Postby orient slacker on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Excellent! Nothing says welcome to non-league & don't be giving us your la-di-da airs & graces like the deserved 6-1 pumping Orient supinely succumbed to on Bromley's new 3G pitch last night (nothing wrong with the surface, & everything to do with being bullied by a side that competed harder across the pitch & forced loads of mistakes). Luckily I was otherwise engaged...

Still, at least we've won our 2 home games so far so it's not panic stations yet.
orient slacker

Postby Dover KUMB fan on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:00 pm

orient slacker wrote:Excellent! Nothing says welcome to non-league & don't be giving us your la-di-da airs & graces.

This is Tranmere's 3rd season down here, & they still don't think they deserve to be. It is a league to be respected, & anyone can get handed their backside on the wrong day.
Dover KUMB fan

Postby screech on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:24 pm

i cant wait for tuesday's!! trying to take the kids to football training whilst the club has to host league fixtures every fortnight, i think for the sake of £18 it might be easier to cross the road and watch the match after the kids finish than trying to drive out of there at 7pm
screech

Postby Big George on Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:55 pm

Anyone who is a STH at London Club can go to Orient tomorrow for a fiver.
https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2017/ ... ket-offer/

I just might have a bit of that.
Big George

Postby BrisbaneRoad on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:32 pm

Big George wrote:Anyone who is a STH at London Club can go to Orient tomorrow for a fiver.
https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2017/ ... ket-offer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just might have a bit of that.

South Stand is the place to be but watch out there are engineering works on the Central Line
BrisbaneRoad

Postby Big George on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:36 pm

BrisbaneRoad wrote:[

South Stand is the place to be but watch out there are engineering works on the Central Line

Damn! yes!
Big George

Postby Big George on Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:19 pm

I did go in the end and very enjoyable it was too.

Jobs McAnuff and Joe Widdowson both played well, Orient play a patient passing game and should have a three goal within the half hour, Guisely were terrible but took the lead.

Nice to go to a game without all guff outside the ground
Big George

Postby BrisbaneRoad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:08 pm

Big George wrote:I did go in the end and very enjoyable it was too.

Jobs McAnuff and Joe Widdowson both played well, Orient play a patient passing game and should have a three goal within the half hour, Guisely were terrible but took the lead.

Nice to go to a game without all guff outside the ground

Glad you enjoyed it. Guiseley were awful but we take the points as and when
Not sure about the second pen too far away?
BrisbaneRoad

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:06 pm

I almost went toe-to-toe with a German Orient fan at King's Cross Station who was slagging me off for being West Ham. I think I exacerbated the situation by calling him Hitler's boyfriend. Oh well. **** 'em.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby Puff Daddy on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:39 am

I didn't Kayode Odejayi plays for Guiseley now. We should have been all over that
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby orient slacker on Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:53 pm

2 points from the last 21 available. All the half-decent hard-working sides have sussed out our pedestrian tippy-tappy style: just let us fanny around with ball away from the danger zone then hit us quick on the break. And, oh, Orient still can’t defend set pieces. The Club may want to restore some stability, but from what I,ve seen so far gaffer Steve Davis looks clueless and on borrowed time already.

Oh well, a break from the League this weekend sees us take part in the FAC (4th) qualifying round for what I believe is the first time ever. Sadly, we didn’t get drawn against a team that would be a novelty tie/new ground for us and have Daggers away instead. Could be a drubbing with our current form, but you never know...magic of the Cup & what not.
orient slacker

Postby Thekorean on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:51 pm

Conference is a tough, tough league to get out of. Sheesh. At least Becchetti
Thekorean

Postby orient slacker on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:51 am

Coach Steve Davis gone. Inevitable after an abysmal run picking up just 3 points from the last 33...in Division 5. We couldn’t defend, had no pace, little goal threat,and Davis kept tinkering with formations whilst persisting with toothless tippy-tappy football.

The squad is unbalanced (and the blame for that lies at the door of our unnecessary Director of Football, who’s lucky to not be picking up his p45 too) but they certainly shouldn’t have been plummeting to just above the relegation spots.
orient slacker

Postby Dover KUMB fan on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:52 pm

orient slacker wrote:Coach Steve Davis gone. Inevitable after an abysmal run picking up just 3 points from the last 33...in Division 5. We couldn’t defend, had no pace, little goal threat,and Davis kept tinkering with formations whilst persisting with toothless tippy-tappy football.

The squad is unbalanced (and the blame for that lies at the door of our unnecessary Director of Football, who’s lucky to not be picking up his p45 too) but they certainly shouldn’t have been plummeting to just above the relegation spots.

I'll be there Saturday. I hope the 'new manager' performance doesn't kick in. We want to stay top!
Dover KUMB fan

Postby BrisbaneRoad on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:06 pm

[/quote]
I'll be there Saturday. I hope the 'new manager' performance doesn't kick in. We want to stay top![/quote]

Don't think you will have too much to worry about there :)
BrisbaneRoad

Postby Dover KUMB fan on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:53 pm

Any pub recommendations between Stratford Intl & Brisbane road?

Cheers in advance
Dover KUMB fan

Postby E7Iron on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:10 pm

Dover KUMB fan wrote:Any pub recommendations between Stratford Intl & Brisbane road?

Cheers in advance

Leyton Star is decent, used to be the King Harold on Leyton High Road.
E7Iron

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion