Leyton Orient R.I.P (non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Leyton Orient R.I.P (non WHU)

Postby Thekorean on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:07 pm

BrisbaneRoad wrote:Let's hope so but I believe there maybe more smaller creditors :eh: It's far too complicated for me to comprehend...Unless he sells we are done for IMO...No squad , no backroom staff etc and all about 7 weeks before the season starts..

Well, I reckon he needs to settle debt before he can sell I reckon.
Thekorean

Postby levistubbstears on Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:11 am

Sorry if it's already been posted.

Good article about a journalist's life with Leyton Orient and their demise.

https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/article/setting-sun
levistubbstears

Postby Happyhammer52 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:00 am

levistubbstears wrote:Sorry if it's already been posted.

Good article about a journalist's life with Leyton Orient and their demise.

https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/article/setting-sun" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Excellent read, hope he wins his battle.
Happyhammer52

Postby BrisbaneRoad on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:13 pm

Thanks for posting that. Good luck to the fella
BrisbaneRoad

Postby York Ham(mer) on Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:03 pm

A consortium led by Nigel Travis, chairman and CEO of Dunkin' Brands, has bought the club. Good news.
York Ham(mer)

Postby Westbourne Bill on Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:46 pm

Pleased for them.
Westbourne Bill

Postby BrisbaneRoad on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Happy Days at long last...Now we can move forward
BrisbaneRoad

Postby M*A*R*C on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:05 pm

And with all that money that LOFT raised you can buy a shedload of donuts.
M*A*R*C

Postby mushy on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:54 pm

Martin Ling appointed director of football.
Good move.
mushy

Postby orient slacker on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:02 am

Well, here we go again.

After 112 years in the Football League, now it's the tinpot Vanarama and plastic pitches for us. Could be a season of Tall Poppy Syndrome for Orient as we're in the unaccustomed position of being a big scalp in Division 5.

But in all honestly most O's fans are just happy to be shot of the toxic Becchetti & his clowns. The new custodians have made all the right moves so far, Martin Ling has signed what looks like some decent enough senior players for the campaign to complement our useful batch of youngsters, and new gaffer Steve Davis (Mostly known for his stint at Crewe where he had a few good seasons before things curdled badly) looks a shrewd appointment.

Tranmere will be hot favourites for the title this year, and many expect Orient to at least make a play-off place, but I'll honestly be happy just to stabilise this year on & off the pitch and avoid doing a York (who dropped straight down again to National North). We've sold a record number of season tickets, as fans are relieved we still have a club at all and feel inclined to back the new owners with some upfront cash.

We're away at Sutton today on the 3G (BT Sport at 1230). Could be ugly as our newly assembled squad beds down and we adjust to this level. At home to the mightly Solihull Moors Tuesday night.
orient slacker

Postby Devs Hampton on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:22 am

orient slacker wrote:Well, here we go again.

After 112 years in the Football League, now it's the tinpot Vanarama and plastic pitches for us. Could be a season of Tall Poppy Syndrome for Orient as we're in the unaccustomed position of being a big scalp in Division 5.

But in all honestly most O's fans are just happy to be shot of the toxic Becchetti & his clowns. The new custodians have made all the right moves so far, Martin Ling has signed what looks like some decent enough senior players for the campaign to complement our useful batch of youngsters, and new gaffer Steve Davis (Mostly known for his stint at Crewe where he had a few good seasons before things curdled badly) looks a shrewd appointment.

Tranmere will be hot favourites for the title this year, and many expect Orient to at least make a play-off place, but I'll honestly be happy just to stabilise this year on & off the pitch and avoid doing a York (who dropped straight down again to National North). We've sold a record number of season tickets, as fans are relieved we still have a club at all and feel inclined to back the new owners with some upfront cash.

We're away at Sutton today on the 3G (BT Sport at 1230). Could be ugly as our newly assembled squad beds down and we adjust to this level. At home to the mightly Solihull Moors Tuesday night.

Best of luck to you all, I loved my time being involved at that level and together with the relief of still existing, I think you will all find a warm welcome around the country. Always found the people at Sutton great. Hope it goes well
Devs Hampton

Postby Rio on Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:22 pm

2 down at half time. It's a tough league. There'll be a lot of twists and turns throughout, but don't expect too much
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby fmgod on Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:23 pm

Played okay, two silly goals conceded and playing far too much route one football, need to settle and down and try and play a bit of stuff rather than just clearing it every time to nowhere. Widdowson looks crap, looks nothing like a footballer
fmgod

Postby ironsjh on Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:06 pm

I seem to remember Widdowson looking very good for us in pre-season in 2008 :lol:
ironsjh

Postby AnthraxDave on Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:08 pm

Good luck to the O's this season.
The Conference is an absolute b*stard of a league, though. Trust me, I spent many many years watching Hereford in that division.
There will always be some tinpot club chucking stupid money around.
AnthraxDave

Postby Thekorean on Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:00 pm

What are the odds Leyton pulls York City?
Thekorean

Postby hamstas_paradise on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:36 pm

Bromley 6 Orient 1 approaching full time in National league game. Sad to see.
hamstas_paradise

Postby Denbighammer on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:46 pm

Ouch!
Denbighammer

Postby Greatest Hits Vol1 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:12 pm

I was at the match. Orient came out really strong and looked like they were going to boss it but Bromely scored about 15 minutes in and took control of the match. Bromley supporter were singing 'are you West Ham in disguise?'
Greatest Hits Vol1

Postby fmgod on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:27 pm

To be fair they are about two weeks behind everyone else in pre-season and preparation, they have to get going next month really.
fmgod

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion