WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: WHUISA - WHU Independent Supporters Association

Postby Big George on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:33 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
Which given the INDEPENDENT aspect of WHUISA, I assume is unacceptable ?

Yes

the pink palermo wrote:The fact they won't talk with WHUISA already confirms it won't work, the club are effectively attaching a pre condition to all and any discussions by insisting it is through their approved vehicle not the one thousands of supporters have paid up for.

We haven't given up but we will remain independent

the pink palermo wrote: Not sure who you mean by this, can you elaborate please ?

FSF & SD. WHU want approval which they won't get unless it is democratic, transparent and in the best interests of the supporters etc

the pink palermo wrote: The whole point of the SAB is to create the illusion of consultation without ceding an inch of control. The SAB is not a group representing supporters it is a collection of individuals representing themselves. That's the very opposite of a supporters association, so how can it work ?

Good question. It can't on that model.

the pink palermo wrote: In which case there would be no point in WHUISA existing......

agreed

the pink palermo wrote: That's more like it, and hopefully the links with the media and FSF you can make it clear the club continues to refuse a properly constituted ISA, one with thousands of paid up members and instead "consults" with unelected, unrepresentative individuals ( other than of their own individual views).

It would nice to see you at the meeting Pinky with views like this

the pink palermo wrote:What scope do WHUISA have to actively (peacefully) picket any SAB meetings to make attendees aware they are being suckered in by the highly manipulative club media machine ? I'm sure somebody in the media would pick up the story.....

Depends what the committee/membership want to do.

the pink palermo wrote:George, the foodbank stuff is commendable and a "nice" thing to do : it's decency . However, there is a certain irony in a foodbank being established by the supporters association of a PL football club in a borough where the then elected officials wasted £40m of local residents money on a failed and ill thought through business venture.

Just imagine what local residents could have done with £40m and that is a scandal WHUISA really ought to be highlighting.

IMO of course.

But it shouldn't stop us from doing something good. Newham made a rubbish decision, it's for the voters of Newham to hold them to account over that. We've got enough on our plate.
Big George

Postby Big George on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:34 pm

mushy wrote:I see that after dialogue with WHUISA the club have decided they will fix the poor state of the Championship stones. Remember them anyone? The last few weeks has seen hot dog stalls on top of them .

cheers for bringing that up Mushy. https://whuisa.org/news/2018/10/7/champ ... b-responds
Big George

Postby Vic_Watson on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:18 pm

Big George wrote:https://whuisa.org/news/2018/10/7/champions-place-stonesthe-club-responds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

programme sellers will be reminded not to place their carts on the stones but in the areas between the panels.

Is it not beyond the realms of possibiity to have stall places marked out beforehand like you find at a street market? Sounds like a free for all at the mo.
Vic_Watson

Postby delbert on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:06 pm

mushy wrote:I would also like to echo those who have pointed out that all these people are volunteers and give up quite a bit of their own time, something that we may like to consider before we go into our own little moan fest.
Well done all of you for giving it a go.

Exactly...... :thup:
delbert

Postby mywhufc on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:52 pm

its amazing really,
i sit on the whuisa committee yet find more about whats going on there on this site than i do from the rest of the committee.
mywhufc

Postby mushy on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:59 pm

mywhufc wrote:its amazing really,
i sit on the whuisa committee yet find more about whats going on there on this site than i do from the rest of the committee.

Why is that do you think?
mushy

Postby mywhufc on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:00 pm

mushy wrote:Why is that do you think?

?
I’m too right wing perhaps, :D
mywhufc

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:01 pm

mywhufc wrote:?
I’m too right wing perhaps, :D

maybe you can get suited up just in case Yarmo gets injured ????

:D
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Cottee on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:01 am

I'm not sure it's a good idea to have a committee member airing contract details of one of our players in public.

Then again, I don't think Whetstone should have been allowed onto the committee in the first place. You have to ask how impartial he is.
Cottee

Postby aaronhammer on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:14 am

Have the breakdown of the votes been released? Thought they were going to after the AGM but I’ve not seen anything.
aaronhammer

Postby mushy on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:28 pm

Cottee wrote:I'm not sure it's a good idea to have a committee member airing contract details of one of our players in public.

Then again, I don't think Whetstone should have been allowed onto the committee in the first place. You have to ask how impartial he is.

Thats democracy for you though, there was an open vote and he got on.
I dont believe its a good thing for WHUISA though, I also think that being part of a cooperative that releases contract information is a diabolical thing for Whetstone to do, he is proving right there that he is NOT 'independent '.
I am sure he is a very nice chap though.
mushy

Postby Big George on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:57 pm

aaronhammer wrote:Have the breakdown of the votes been released? Thought they were going to after the AGM but I’ve not seen anything.

We’ll get them for the next meeting.
Big George

Postby mywhufc on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:07 pm

aaronhammer wrote:Have the breakdown of the votes been released? Thought they were going to after the AGM but I’ve not seen anything.

Big George wrote:We’ll get them for the next meeting.

why does it have to be at a meeting, stick them on the website, email them to members
less than 1% of members attend the meetings anyway.
Theres no reason why they cant be revealed now, stick them on here.
mywhufc

Postby NorthernIron on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:02 pm

You have a PM
NorthernIron

Postby Big George on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:34 am

mywhufc wrote:why does it have to be at a meeting, stick them on the website, email them to members
less than 1% of members attend the meetings anyway.
Theres no reason why they cant be revealed now, stick them on here.

We re in process of getting them from the previous regime. I believe you had the most votes in the general committee poll if that helps. .
Big George

Postby Hammer.CA on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:45 am

mywhufc wrote:email them to members

You think all members get emails! :lol:
Hammer.CA

Postby NorthernIron on Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:34 pm

Hammer.CA wrote:
You think all members get emails! :lol:

The latest WHUISA update mailing has gone out to members a few days ago. Unfortunately a small number of e-mail addresses were lost during the recent database migration.

If you’ve checked your inbox and spam folders and not received anything from us please send us an e-mail to info@whuisa.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and we will send out the update by return.

Apologies if you have been affected. We are presently working to resolve the issue.
NorthernIron

Previous

Return to General Discussion